The Basic Banking Account offered by Citibank is a savings account with a host of features and benefits that can help maximize your savings conveniently.
Features and Benefits of Basic Banking Account:
- No minimum initial deposit required.
- Online Banking facility includes Pay Anyone online cheque payment service. You can also transfer funds directly between different accounts.
- Phone banking facility includes access to Automated Voice Response and CitiPhone Banking.
- You will receive an International ATM Card upon opening this savings account which will have access to more than 1.4 million Visa PLUS ATMs across the globe.
- This savings account does not provide checking facilities or a cheque book.
- You will be charged a monthly service fee of S$2 for this savings account.
Eligibility Criteria for Basic Banking Account:
The following individuals are eligible to apply for Basic Banking Account:
- Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and above.
- Applicants must be earning below S$2,000 per month.
Applying for Basic Banking Account:
You can apply for the Basic Banking Account in the following ways:
- You can visit your nearest Citibank bank branch and apply for this savings account directly in person or
- You can call Citibank on their CitiPhone Hotline Number available 24 hours a day. The phone number is provided on the Basic Banking Account web page of the official Citibank Singapore website.