QBE Standard Plus Travel Insurance in Singapore
QBE Insurance, one of the leading insurance providers in the world with presence in 37 countries, is the oldest registered Australian company in Singapore. It offers a wide range of protection solutions including domestic and commercial property insurance, personal accident insurance, business insurance, construction insurance, group policies, travel insurance and other general insurance products.
Types of Travel Insurance by QBE
QBE offers comprehensive travel insurance package that covers a wide variety of travel-related circumstances. The company’s flagship product is the QBE Travelon, which offers both individual and family plans under it. You can choose either Asia Pacific cover or Worldwide cover. The two kinds of travel cover available under QBE Travelon are:
- QBE Travelon Standard Plus: This offers basic-to-intermediate level of protection for your travel needs.
- QBE Travelon Super Plus: This offers high level of protection for your travel needs.
The policy covers the following travel conditions –
- Accidental death
- Total disability
- Double indemnity for public transport
- Medical expenses overseas
- Medical expenses in Singapore within 31 days of returning
- Medical expenses in Singapore between 3 days to 31 days of returning
- Expenses related to pregnancy
- A friend or relative’s compassionate visit if you are hospitalised abroad
- Child care visit
- 24-hour medical emergency evacuation
- Repatriation of mortal remains through IPA
- Emergency mobile phone expenses
- Hospital cash benefit overseas
- Loss of baggage and personal items
- Delay of baggage (both overseas and Singapore)
- Loss or theft of travel documents and up to S$500 in cash
- Loss of deposit, cancellation charges and curtailment expenses
- Trip delay
- Missed flight
- Flight overbooking
- Trip diversion
- Loss of use of hotel facilities
- Personal legal liability
Apart from these, the following bonus protection can be added to your policy:
- Home protection while you are on holiday
- Rental car excess
- Expenses of alternative employees (for Business trips)
- Terrorism cover
- Insolvency of travel agency
QBE Travel Insurance Coverage
The maximum coverage available for different travel situations is listed below:
|Coverage||QBE Travelon Super Plus||QBE Travelon Standard Plus|
|Individual plan||Family plan||Individual plan||Family plan|
|Death in public transport||S$500,000||S$500,000||S$250,000||$250,000|
|Overseas medical expense||S$1 million||S$1 million||S$500,000||S$500,000|
|Medical expense in Singapore||S$25,000||S$50,000||S$12,500||S$25,000|
|Personal liability||S$1 million||S$1 million||S$500,000||S$500,000|
|Trip cancellation cover||S$25,000||S$50,000||S$12,500||S$25,000|
|Lost baggage cover||S$6,000||S$8,000||S$4,000||S$5,000|
|Lost document cover||S$5,000||S$10,000||S$2,500||S$5,000|
|Hostage and hijacking cover (more than 12 hours)||S$1,000 per day up to S$5,000||S$1,000 per day up to S$10,000||S$500 per day up to S$2,500||S$500 per day up to S$5,000|
Key Benefits of Buying QBE Travel Insurance
If you need travel insurance, you need to buy a QBE Travel Insurance. Here’s why QBE Travelon is one of the best in the industry:
- QBE Travelon comes with 8 comprehensive options in coverage – family and individual, single-trip and annual tip, Asia Pacific and Worldwide, and Super plus and Standard plus. This allows you to customise your plans as you want – for example, you could select QBE Travelon Super Plus Individual Worldwide Annual Trip plan if you are a single person wishing to go on a world tour.
- QBE’s family options cover any number of children in a family.
- QBE Travelon also covers pregnancy-related expenses.
- The QBE Travelon takes care of medical expenses outside Singapore as well as after return to Singapore.
- Over 29 kinds of travel situations are covered by QBE Travelon. There are also bonus covers available.
- You can extend your policy up to 14 days if you get hospitalised, sick or injured during the trip.
- You can return the policy without any charges if you are not happy with the terms. You will get full refund of premium amount.
- If you make a claim, you will receive the insurance payout within 24 years.
- QBE has a 24x7 helpline that you can call for any kind of queries and requirements.
Check your Eligibility for QBE Travel Insurance
In order to buy a QBE Travelon cover, you need to meet the following parameters:
- For Single Trip plan, a family is defined as two adults, related or unrelated to each other.
- Accompanying children in the Single Trip plan should be the legal children of at least one of the adults.
- The children should be at least 3 months old and not more than 18 years old or 25 years old if they are full-time students of a well-known institute.
- For Annual Trip plan, the family is defined as the insured person, spouse and their legal children.
- You should be able to pay the premium required for the insurance policy.
How to apply for QBE Travel Insurance
If you need to buy a QBE Travelon policy, you can do any of the following:
- Go to an authorised QBE agent or insurance broker.
- You can discuss your requirements and opt for a policy most suitable to you.
- Fill out the proposal form, which can be downloaded online.
- Pay by credit card or cheque.
How to make a claim for QBE Travel Insurance
Here are some things you need to keep in mind before making a travel insurance claim:
- You need to make a claim within 30 days after completing the trip.
- You need to know your QBE Travelon Cover Certificate Number.
- Fill in your claim form accurately and in full. The form is available online on the QBE website.
- Ensure that the form is duly signed by you.
- Make sure you have all the supporting documents required to confirm and prove your claim. These include hospital bills, doctor’s certificates, photographic evidence of damage, receipts and invoices, death certificate, warranty cards, letters from the airline, etc.
- You must inform your insurance adviser/agent of the details in full.
QBET Travel Insurance Hotline
|Service Centre Hotline||+65 63222688|
|Office phone number||+65 6224 6633 (Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 5.30pm|
|Fax||+65 6533 3270|
1 Raffles Quay #29-10
FAQs of QBET Travel Insurance
- Can I buy a travel insurance policy after my journey has started?
No, you should buy a travel insurance policy before you leave Singapore on a trip, and not after you’ve left.
- What situations are excluded from the policy?
Some of the common exclusions from the QBE Travelon plan are: Manual employment such as in the mining or construction sector, participation in military operations, extreme sports or hazardous activities, war-like situations and civil unrest, childbirth, miscarriage, or abortion, nuclear or radioactive dangers, suicide, drug abuse, alcoholism, mental disorder, congenital issues, HIV and AIDS-related infections, and pre-existing conditions.
- Can I get a free look period for my policy?
Free look period, when you can return the policy if you’re not satisfied with it without any additional charges, is available only on annual schemes. The free look period is 14 days. Single policies can be returned with full refund of premium if you return it before starting your trip.
- Can I get some help on making a claim?
You can contact your insurance adviser, or QBE’s Claims Management Expertise team for any help regarding making a claim.
- Can foreigners living in Singapore buy a QBE Travelon policy?
Yes. Any person travelling from Singapore can buy a QBE travel insurance plan.
- Can I pay premium for QBE travel insurance using CPF savings?
You can use CPF savings only to pay life and health insurance premiums and not travel insurance.