With transport connectivity growing day-by-day, world has become a smaller place. Be it for business purposes or for a holiday, visiting another country abroad has become easier than ever. Given all that, one must remember life is full of uncertainties. Who would like an unforeseen incident like an accident or delay to disrupt the travel itinerary? QBE travel insurance, with its host of features, will offer you and your family a comprehensive coverage against travel associated risks.
About QBE Travel Insurance
QBE Insurance Group was founded in 1886 and is Australia’s largest global insurance provider. In Singapore, QBE’s branch was established in 1891. Since then, it has been a significant market player in the Singapore insurance front. QBE acquired ING’s general insurance business and Zurich’s general insurance business in the year 2000 and 2004, respectively. As a testimony to QBE’s vision to be the most successful global insurer and reinsurer amongst people, it was awarded the “Best Non-Life Insurance Company in Singapore” in 2013 by World Finance. QBE offers an array of well-detailed business and personal products which caters to the insurance needs of its elite clientele list.
QBE’s travel insurance comes with a range of protection solutions for both the corporate travellers and the holidaymakers. With flexible schemes for individuals and families providing annual or per trip coverage, QBE travel insurance will be your perfect companion for a peaceful trip.
Types of Plans offered under QBE Travel Insurance
Irrespective of your destination and travel purpose, QBE Travel On has one plan for every family or individual. Here are the types of travel insurance plan as offered by QBE.
- Individual Plan – Super Plus: This scheme offers superior travel protection cover for individuals providing superior hospital confinement and medical expenses benefit.
- Individual Plan – Standard Plus: This insurance scheme provides a comprehensive cover for individual travellers.
- Family Plan – Super Plus: Covering your entire family, Super Plus will offer superior inconvenience cover and personal cover.
- Family Plan – Standard Plus: A standard, affordable cover for your family, this scheme will offer complete protection against all travel related risks.
Features and Benefits of QBE TravelOn Travel Insurance
From minor, unexpected annoyances to catastrophes, TravelOn has all the features to provide you with an extensive coverage, so that you can enjoy complete peace of mind while travelling. Below are some of the reasons as to why you should choose QBE TravelOn.
- Standard annual travel insurance schemes to offer coverage for all trips for the year.
- 24/7 IPA helpline to assist your queries
- Hassle-free application process which will get your insurance ready in 24 hours.
- Unlimited coverage for emergency medical evacuation and repatriation of mortal remains.
- Double indemnity cover for public means of transport and comprehensive personal liability limit.
- No limit to the number of children to be covered under family plan.
- Reimbursement for loss or theft of personal baggage, travel documents and baggage delay.
- Cover for overseas medical expenses and also for compassionate visit by a relative or friend when the insured is hospitalized.
QBE Travel Insurance Coverage
- PERSONAL COVERS
Under personal cover, the following medical related expenses are covered.
- All expenses for follow-up treatment in Singapore within 31 days of the insured’s return date
- If treatment is not sought in overseas first, expenses of treatment sought in Singapore within 7 days after return and up to 31 days for follow-up treatment is covered
- Expenses for a compassionate visit by a friend or relative are taken care of.
- Under the child protection cover, overseas hospital confinement benefit, accidental death and permanent total disability benefit and 24 hours medical emergency evacuation is offered. Also, repatriation of mortal remains is covered.
- Double indemnity cover for accidents when travelling using a public transport is provided.
- Also, accidental death or permanent total disability due to accident is covered.
- INCONVENIENCE COVERS
QBE’s travel insurance scheme offers protection against a wide-range of travel related risks including the following which come under inconvenience cover.
- Loss of baggage and personal effects
- Loss of travel documents including passport
- Theft or loss of money
- Baggage delay
- Cancellation charges, curtailment expenses and loss of deposit
- Loss of use of hotel facilities
- Personal liability cover
- Expenses incurred due to overbooked flight
- Travel Delay and loss of hostel facilities
- BONUS COVER
The bonus cover offered by QBE travel insurance offers home protection, expenses for the travel of alternate employees in case of business travel. Also, a cover is offered against terrorism, excluding nuclear, chemical and biological means of terrorism.
The covers and the amount for each vary depending on if the plan is for an individual or family and also based on the plan variant – if it is super plus or standard plus. Do refer to the policy wording carefully before you apply for the insurance.
Important Terms and Conditions QBE Travel Insurance
Some important terms and conditions regarding the claim and cover are given below.
- Family cover will offer protection for a maximum of 2 adult insured persons and the dependant legal children, grandchildren, nephew, niece or cousin from 3 months to 18 years of age, for a single trip.
- Asia Pacific region excludes the Hawaiian island and worldwide cover refers to the rest of the world and countries under Asia Pacific region.
- Major exclusions include damage due to war, riots, civil commotion, self-inflicted injury, suicide, drug abuse, alcoholism, mental disorder, HIV and AIDS related infections.
Eligibility for QBE Travel Insurance
The applicant should be a Singaporean. Foreigners who hold a valid work permit, dependant pass, student pass, employment pass or a long term social visit pass are also eligible to apply.
Do enquire with QBE about the detailed eligibility conditions for each travel insurance scheme.
How to Apply for QBE TravelOn Travel Insurance Scheme?
You can contact an authorized QBE agent and choose a plan that suits your needs. The QBE broker will help you in this regard. After that, you will be asked to fill the proposal form and also select a convenient mode of payment – card or cheque.
We advise you to thoroughly read the policy wording and make sure that your needs are sufficiently covered before signing the policy agreement.
Compare QBE Travel Insurance With Other Insurance Companies Offering Travel Insurance in Singapore
- AIG Travel Insurance
- AXA Travel Insurance
- AVIVA Travel Insurance
- Liberty Travel Insurance
- ETIQA Travel Insurance
- MSIG Travel Insurance
- NTUC Travel Insurance
- HSBC Travel Insurance
- Tenet Travel Insurance
- ACE Supreme Travel Insurance
- Tokio Marine Travel Insurance
- AIA Travel Insurance
FAQs – QBE Travel Insurance
- What information will be needed to make a claim?
You will asked to provide your TravelOn certificate number, nature of sickness and details of the doctor, present location and contact details.
- What is the premium for annual plans that come under the TravelOn scheme?
The premium ranges from S$256 to S$549 depending on the insurance scheme. For Standard Plus under Family plan, annual travel insurance scheme is not available.
- What do I do if my trip is extended beyond the period of insurance?
If the delay is caused by a scheduled public conveyance, injury or sickness, the insurance will remain in force for up to a maximum of 14 days.
- How do I report a claim?
You should contact QBE Insurance Limited through phone, mail or IPA helpline within 30 days after the completion of trip.
- How do I file a claim for lost baggage?
You must report the loss to police or the airline/shipping company within 24 hours. Produce the obtained confirmation, report and reference number while filing the claim.