About Prudential Health Insurance
In the 21st century, people can live long and healthy lives due to the advancement of medical science. Today, medical science has a treatment for almost all kinds of illnesses and health conditions. However, these treatments are very expensive and often become a financial burden to people. Hence, it is important that people opt for a health insurance policy that can help them take care of medical expenses. Prudential Health Insurance policies provide people with the financial protection that they require against the rising cost of healthcare.
Overview of Prudential Plc
Prudential plc is one of the most trusted insurance companies in the world. Headquartered in United Kingdom, Prudential plc was founded in 1848. This insurance company has a presence in countries across the planet. In India, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia and Singapore, the Asian division of Prudential plc is one of the top 3 insurance providers. Overall, the company has more than 13 million customers in Asian countries. For the last 84 years, Prudential has been providing a wide range of insurance products to people in Singapore. It was awarded an AA rating by Standard & Poor’s, a credit rating agency.
The wide range of insurance products offered by Prudential Singapore include Personal Accident Insurance, Health Insurance, Disability Insurance, Mortgage Protection Insurance, Medical Insurance, Life Insurance etc. Prudential Health Insurance policies offer people with the financial support needed to obtain quality healthcare service in Singapore.
Prudential Health Insurance Policies
Prudential Singapore offers the following health insurance policies:
- PRUshield –
It is a health insurance policy which not only offers protection against the rising cost of healthcare but also helps people in getting answers to their medical questions. Policyholders get access to PRUhealthcare assist, a unique medical helpline that provides people with vital healthcare-related information.
Features and Benefits of PRUshield
- It covers planned medical treatment abroad.
- It offers special privileges to people donating or receiving an organ.
- It covers Psychiatric Treatment (inpatient).
- It provides both pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation service up to 6 months before/after the day of surgery or hospitalisation.
- It comes with an adjustment feature that helps the policyholder to deal with inflation in the field of healthcare.
- PRUshield Extra –
It is a variation of the PRUshield health insurance policy from Prudential Singapore and is only available to customers who have already purchased PRUshield A Plus/Premier. It comes with the following additional benefits:
- It offers incentive to those who stay in a lower class ward (in a hospital) than the one they are entitled to as per their policy.
- It provides both pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation service up to 6 months before/after the day of surgery or hospitalisation for Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- It reimburses money spent on outpatient treatment in case of emergencies.
- It covers the purchase of Prosthesis and special appliances within 6 months of being hospitalised.
- PRUshield extra lite –
This policy is another variation of the PRUshield health insurance policy and offers extended coverage so that you can meet your medical expenses without any difficulty. It comes with the following additional benefits:
- It offers a reimbursement of 50% of the amount that is deductible and provides full coverage of the Co-insurance offered with the main policy.
- It offers incentive to those who stay in a lower class ward (in a hospital) than the one they are entitled to, as per their policy.
- It provides ambulance fee assistance during accidents and emergencies.
- Medical Cash –
This is a policy that will help you take care of additional expenses or look after your family, if and when you are hospitalised. It will offer you with financial support when you are hospitalised and are faced with loss of income.
Features and Benefits of Medical Cash
- It offers a maximum amount of $500 on a daily basis as income protection when you are hospitalised.
- It allows you to increase the daily assured sum by 3 times when you are admitted to the ICU.
- It offers additional benefits apart the benefits offered through existing policies.
- It provides cash benefits to policyholders if they are hospitalized overseas due to a medical emergency.
People in the age group of 1 – 65 years can apply for this policy.
- PRUfirst gift –
If you are concerned about protecting your child even before he/she is born. It is a unique policy that provides coverage to expecting mothers and their yet-to-be-born children.
Features and Benefits of PRUfirst Gift
- It provides you with the opportunity to secure your child's future through smart investment.
- It provides coverage against Death, Disability, Terminal Illness and Pregnancy Complications to expectant mothers.
- It provides coverage against certain Congenital Illnesses along with Death, Disability and Terminal Illness to infants.
- It extends Hospital Care Benefit to infants.
Expecting mothers in their 18 – 32 weeks of pregnancy and in the age group of 19 – 45 years can apply for this policy.
- PRUsmart lady II –
It is the ideal health insurance policy from Prudential Singapore for the women of today. It is a policy that has been designed keeping in mind the unique healthcare needs of women.
Features and Benefits of PRUsmart Lady II
- It offers a maximum amount of $50,000 as lump sum payment when the policyholder is diagnosed with certain selected female illnesses.
- It reimburses the cost of skin grafts and reconstructive surgery caused by major burns, skin cancer or a mishap.
- It offers optional maternity risk coverage.
- It offers comprehensive medical check up to policyholders every 2 years.
Compare Prudential Health Insurance With Other Insurance Companies Offering Health Insurance in Singapore
- AIA Health Insurance
- NTUC Health Insurance
- AVIVA Health Insurance
- AIG Health Insurance
- Great Eastern Health Insurance
- Tokio Marine Group Medical Insurance
- Manulife Health Insurance
- AXA Health Insurance
- Liberty Medical Insurance
FAQs - Prudential Health Insurance
- I am a Public Service Officer. Will I get any discount if I opt for the PRUshield insurance policy?
Yes, as a Public Service Officer you will get a discount of 10% on the 1st year premium payment of the policy.
- Does the PRUshield extra policy come with guaranteed premiums?
No, the premiums are not guaranteed for this policy and they might be adjusted depending on future claim experiences.
- Does the Medical Cash policy cover hospitalisation due to Pregnancy complications
Yes, the Medical Cash policy covers hospitalisation due to pregnancy complications along with other conditions.
- Are the benefits offered with PRUfirst gift policy extended to twins?
Yes, the benefits of this policy are also extended to twins and are paid according to the terms and conditions of the policy.
- I am a 40 years old working woman. Can I apply for the PRUsmart lady II policy?
Yes, you can apply for this policy as it is available to all women in the age group of 16 – 55 years.