Overview of Prudential Accident Insurance
Accidents cannot be predicted and no matter how careful we are with our lives, we may not able to avoid meeting with an accident. Even though it is better to be cautious, we may never be cautious enough to avoid accidents. Hence, we need to opt for an insurance policy that can protect us against accidents and help us deal with the financial burdens associated with such uncertain events in life. Prudential Accident Insurance policies have been designed to help you deal with the uncertainties of life and provide you with the required protection against accidents.
Prudential plc is an UK based multinational insurance group that has been operational in Singapore for the last 84 years. The company offers a variety of insurance products such as Health Insurance, Disability Insurance, Mortgage Protection Insurance, Accident Insurance and so on. The Accident Insurance policies come with a wide range of attractive features making them very beneficial to the policyholders.
Prudential Accident Insurance Policies
The different types of Prudential Accident Insurance Policies available in Singapore are listed below.
1. PRUfracture care –It is an accident insurance policy from Prudential that has been designed to help protect people against accidents and the minor/ major injuries that result from accidents. In case you meet with an accident, the policy will offer you with payouts so that you can take care of your medical expenses.
Features and Benefits of Comprehensive Personal Accident III
- It offers double payout benefits to those who sustain severe burns or fractures while traveling by public transport.
- It offers payouts to cover medical and other expenses based on the severity of burns, dislocations or fractures sustained during an accident.
- It reimburses the amount spend on purchasing or renting mobility aids that are required by the policyholder, due to the accident.
- It offers preferential rates to those who opt for purchasing it as a supplementary benefit.
- It provides coverage for accidents sustained when indulging in high risk activities such as rock climbing, scuba diving, wakeboarding etc. when the payout received for burns, dislocations and fractures is minimum 40% of the amount assured.
People in the age group of 1 - 65 years can apply for this policy.
2. Comprehensive Personal Accident III –This is an accident insurance policy that will ensure that your medical expenses are taken care of when you meet with an accident. It will also ensure that your loved ones are financial secure when you are injured in an accident.
Features and Benefits of Comprehensive Personal Accident III
- It covers injury or death caused due to an accident and offers lump sum payout to the family of the policyholder if he/she dies as a result of the accident.
- The sum paid for accidental dismemberment and death is doubled in case the policyholder meets with an accident while traveling by private transport.
- The sum paid for accidental dismemberment and death is tripled in case the policyholder meets with an accident while traveling by public transport.
- It covers injuries sustained due to terrorist activities except for activities involving chemical, biological or nuclear means.
- It allows the policyholder to add Weekly Income III Benefit add-on which provides a weekly income to the policyholder if he/she is rendered disabled within 3 months (90 days) of meeting with an accident.
3. PRUaccident cover III –If you are someone who would like to protect yourself and your family against the financial burden associated with uncertain events like accidents, you can opt for this insurance policy from Prudential. It offers guaranteed payouts that can help you pay for your medical expenses after meeting with an accident.
Features and Benefits of PRUaccident cover III
- It offers a fixed benefit of $3,000 to the family of the policyholder in the event of his/her death, regardless of the cause of death.
- It offers financial assistance against dismemberment, death and accidental death till the age of 75.
- It offers a lump sum payment in case the policyholders die after meeting with an accident.
- It offers a percentage of the assured amount if a particular part of the body of the policyholder is paralysed due to an accident.
- It offers the policyholder the opportunity to add Weekly Income III Benefit add-on which provides a weekly income to the policyholder if he/she is rendered disabled within 3 months (90 days) of meeting with an accident.
Prudential Accident Insurance Eligibility
People in the age group of 1 - 60 years can apply for this policy.
Compare Prudential Accident Insurance With Other Insurance Companies Offering Accident Insurance in Singapore
- AIA Accident Insurance
- AXA Group Personal Accident Insurance
- AVIVA Personal Accident Insurance
- Great Eastern Accident Insurance
- ETIQA Personal Accident Insurance
- HSBC Accident and Health Insurance
- Manulife Accident Insurance
- NTUC Personal Accident Insurance
- Tokio Marine Accident Insurance
- Tenet Accident Insurance
- QBE Personal Accident Insurance
- Liberty Personal Accident Leisure
- AIG Personal Accident Insurance
- AIG Single And Special Risk Insurance
- AIG Group Corporate Travel And Group Personal Accident Insurance
- Tenet Personal Accident Insurance
FAQs - Prudential Accident Insurance
- Does the PRUfracture care cover injuries or fractures caused by a health condition?
- How can I avail medical reimbursement benefits with the Comprehensive Personal Accident III policy?
- Are the premium rates same for all the accident insurance policies? How do the rates vary?
- Is there are any additional benefit for those who are injured in an accident, while traveling by public transport?
- Is the sum payable reduced if the policyholder is injured in an accident while indulging in high-risk activities?
No, this policy only covers fractures, dislocation or injuries caused by accidents and not due to any medical or health condition.
You can opt for the Medical Reimbursement III benefit add-on to avail medical reimbursement benefits with this Prudential Accident Insurance policy.
No, the premium rates are not the same for all the policies and they vary based on factors such as occupation of the policyholder, age etc.
The Comprehensive Personal Accident III and the PRUfracture care policies offer higher sum assured for accidental dismemberment and death in case the policyholder meets with an accident while traveling by public transport.
Yes, the sum payable and benefits reduced by 50 or 75% if the policyholder is injured in an accident while indulging in select high-risk activities.