The United Overseas Bank (UOB) provides personal and CashPlus loans to its customers. UOB personal loans come with benefits like varied choices of loan tenors that range from 12 to 60 months, affordable repayments that are as low as S$0.80 per day to greater control of finances with structured repayments. The CashPlus structure of loans also has its own set of benefits.
Features & Benefits
- The UOB CashPlus is one of the most flexible and accessible credit line that has no fixed repayment period.
- It is based on a term of up to 7 years for citizens and permanent residents of Singapore.
- The loan repayments are affordable and are as low as S$0.80 per day. This daily repayment of loan will be calculated on the basis of an approved loan amounting to S$1,000 for 60 months and the interest rate charged will be 8% p.a.
- It gives you greater control over finances by providing you with structured repayments.
- You can select a time period to repay your loan. The period can range from 12 to 60 months.
- The approval duration of the loan is up to 7 business days.
UOB CashPlus Interest Rates
You are eligible to apply for a CashPlus loan from UOB Singapore if you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be above 21 years and below 65 years of age.
- Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) of Singapore can apply for this loan.
- Your minimum salary has to be S$2,500 per month.
If you are an employee of a non-MNC or a private limited company:
- You will have to submit a proof of income
- A photocopy of NRIC (both sides)
If you are a salaried employee of an organisation:
- You will have to submit a print out of your latest payslip
- A print out of latest income tax notice assessment (NOA)
- Statement of last 12 months' contribution to CPF
If you a self-employed applicant:
- A photocopy of NRIC (both sides)
- A proof of your income
- Income Tax Notices of Assessment (NOA) for past 2 years
Payment Methods for UOB CashPlus
You can use the following methods to make payments towards the loan:
In case you wish to pay by cash, you will have to visit any branch of the bank or use a cash deposit machine. The bank will require at least 1 day to credit the amount you deposit to the loan account.
By fund transfer:
You can transfer money to the loan account from any bank account. If you transfer funds on a public holiday or after 10:00 p.m., it will take 1 day to show up in your statement.
By UOB Internet Banking/Phone Banking/UOB ATM:
For Internet Banking, log on to uob ibanking site using your UOB Savings/Current Account details. For phone banking, visit UOB hotline numbers.
You must write your name as it is on the bank account on the cheque, and cross the cheque. You must also write your CashPlus Account number and the amount on the other side of the cheque. You can visit uob.com.sg/bre to take a print of the Business Reply Envelope.
Is there a limit on the loan amount?
Yes, the loan amount should not exceed more than 98% of the available credit limit of your account in UOB CashPlus. This will include the processing fee as well.
How can I apply for a UOB CashPlus loan?
You can apply for UOB CashPlus loan online in three easy steps:
- Download the application form from the UOB website. You can also apply with UOB Personal Internet Banking.
- Complete the application form and upload the required documents.
- Confirm the information filled in by you and then submit the form online.
- Alternately, you can visit any UOB bank branch and submit your application in person.