The DBS Cashline Instalment Loan is a line of credit that allows you to have access to ready cash whenever you need it. Let us examine the various features, fees and charges, and application procedures of this personal loan.
Features and Benefits
The following are the key features and advantages of this loan product:
- Spend S$850 within the first two months of approval and get Grab vouchers worth S$80. This offer is valid till 30 June 2018.
- Get up to 4 times your monthly salary if your annual income is S$20,000 or more, and up to S$10 times if your annual income is S$120,000 or more.
- You can withdraw money in several ways, such as:
An administrative fee of 6% of the amount withdrawn is charged in addition to the accrued interest.
- Online funds transfer
- DBS/POSB ATMs
- Pay only for what you have used.
- Automatic cash top-up of your account is available. Simply link your savings or current account to your Cashline Instalment Loan account and enjoy seamless access to cash.
To apply for the DBS Cashline, you need to:
- Be a minimum of 21 years old;
- Have an annual income of at least S$20,000;
- Be a Singaporean or a Permanent Resident
How to Apply
You can apply for the DBS Cashline through any of the following modes:
- Through the bank’s website.
- Through the Digibank App.
- Using your card and PIN.
Fees and Charges
- Interest rate: 19.8% p.a. if your income is S$30,000 or more per year; 29.8% p.a. if your annual income is S$20,000 to S$29,999
- Interest rate on late payment: 6% more than the prevailing rate
- Annual fee: S$100, not applicable for the first year
- Minimum interest charge: S$10
- Minimum monthly payment: The higher of S$50 or 2.5% of the balance
- Late payment fee: S$105
- Over limit fee: S$40
You need to submit the following documents to the bank to get an approval for your Cashline application:
- NRIC copy of both the sides
- Latest computerised payslips
- CPF contribution history for the most recent 12 months
- Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the most recent 1 year for salaried persons and for 2 years for self-employed persons
How to manage your DBS Cashline Instalment Loan?
- You can get all the information regarding your Cashline Instalment Loan account and manage it as per your convenience through DBS online or mobile banking.
- If you link your Cashline account with your savings or current account existing with DBS, the process becomes even easier.
- Since you don’t need to pay any interest for unutilised money lying in your account, it is a very useful line of credit to have for any kind of emergencies.
- Do I get a chequebook with a Cashline account?
A. No, but you can request for a chequebook through DBS or POSB branches.
- Can I make GIRO transfers through a Cashline account?
A. Yes, you can.
- What happens if I exceed my credit limit?
A. You will be charged an over limit fee and you will be required to repay the amount you borrowed over your credit limit by the due date next month.
- Does it provide a higher rate of savings?
A. According to the bank, you can save up to 80% more with DBS Cashline as compared to other forms of revolving credit.
- Do I get an ATM card along with the Cashline account?
A. Yes, you do. This will help you make convenient cash withdrawals from the account whenever you need it.