Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation is one of the leading banks across the globe that offers great financial services and products. The Savings Accounts offered by this bank are unique and come with a lot of innovation and customisation. They are designed to meet the requirements and needs of the customers.
Types of Savings Accounts offered by OCBC
There are various types of Deposit Savings Accounts offered by OCBC bank. They are as follows:
- Monthly Savings Account
- Bonus + Savings Account
- Child Development Account
- Mighty Savers
- Global Savings Account
Features and Benefits of Savings Account
There are several features and benefits offered by the OCBC savings accounts. They are as follows:
Monthly Savings Account
- This particular account will help you earn attractive rates of interest of up to 0.4% per year.
- There is no minimum initial deposit required to open the account.
- You can get minimum monthly savings of S$50.
Bonus + Monthly Savings Account
- This particular account will help you earn attractive rates of interest of 0.05% up to 0.80% per year.
- The initial deposit that you must make to start this account is S$10,000.
- The minimum average daily balance that must be maintained in this account is S$3,000.
Child Development Account
- Avail a cashback of 3% on all the medical expenses along with all existing privileges when you use your OCBC 365 credit card.
- With the pregnancy protection scheme (Max Maternity Care), you can avail cash gift of S$108 deposited in your account.
- When you use the Baby Bonus Card issued by OCBC, you can avail discounts of up to 50% at all the participating merchant outlets.
- For all your protection and endowment plans, you can avail cash gift of S$100. The cash will be directly deposited in your Child Development Account.
- Enjoy a discount of 40% on the premiums for child and parent coverage under the PA Protect Scheme.
- With this particular savings account you can teach your little one the value of saving money.
- On your entire savings in the OCBC Monthly Savings Account, you can earn interest of up to 0.80% per annum.
Global Savings Account
- The initial deposit that you have to make in order to start this account is 5,000 units. The currencies that you can avail are Australian Dollar (AUD), Canadian Dollar (CAD), Chinese Renminbi (CNH), Euro Dollar (EUR), Great Britain Pound (GBP), New Zealand Dollar (NZD), Swiss Franc (CHF) and United States Dollar (USD).
- The minimum deposit to be made when choosing HKD (Hong Kong Dollar) must be at least 50,000 units.
- The minimum deposit to be made when choosing JPY (Japanese Yen) must be at least 500,000 units.
- You can choose any currency when you wish to open an account.
- The rates of interest associated with foreign currency fund deposits are updated on a daily basis.
How to apply for OCBC Savings Account
You can apply for the OCBC Savings Accounts in various ways. They are as follows:
- Online Banking – You can choose to apply for any of the savings account offered by OCBC via online banking.
- Phone Banking – Apply for the account of your choice by using the mobile application for OCBC on your phone.
- Branch Banking – Walk in to a nearby branch and speak with a representative of the bank to apply for OCBC Savings Accounts.