The Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited was established in the year 1932 and since then, it has worked its way to be one of the best banking institutions in south-east Asia. In fact, at present it the second largest banking group in Southeast Asia in terms of assets. It began as a merger between the Chinese Commercial Bank, The Ho Hong Bank, and the Oversea-Chinese Bank. It extends its services in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Greater China. OCBC Bank offers a plethora of financial products to its customers. These products come under the categories like wealth and financial management services, commercial banking, and personal banking. It has as many as 610 branches and offices in more than 15 countries and regions.
OCBC ibanking services
Of late, internet banking has become one of the most-sought after banking service in the world. With mobile phones in almost every pocket and internet taking over the world of finance and banking, it was about time that internet banking became a trend amongst people from all age groups. And why not? Its hassle-free and less time consuming. Almost all the services that you get over the counter in a bank are available on the official website of the bank. Keeping pace with the trend of ibanking, OCBC also has an efficient ibanking facility in place. To use this simple-yet-sophisticated service all you need to do is register your mobile number with the bank and create a login username on OCBC’s ibanking portal.
Once you create a username, you will be provided with a password. You will be asked to change the password once you are ready to access your account. The ibanking services that you can enjoy include fund transfer to other accounts, utility and credit card payments, among others.
So, you don’t need to stand in long queues any more as you can finish all your banking tasks from home.
How to apply for OCBC ibanking?
You can apply for OCBC’s ibanking in the following ways:
- You can visit your nearest OCBC Bank branch and submit an application to activate your ibanking services.
- You can contact OCBC hotline or customer care number 1800 363 3333 and ask for the customer care executive to help guide you through the activation process.
- You can register online on the bank’s official website.
- A one-time registration is required to open your online account. You can register using your ATM card, debit card or credit card
How to sign up for OCBC ibanking?
To sign up for OCBC online banking, you will have to fill an application form. The criteria to apply for this signing up process is as follows:
- You must be at least 15 years old.
- You must possess an active OCBC ATM card, debit card of principal card, and the respective PIN numbers.
- You must have a mobile number that is registered with the OCBC Bank.
- You can also visit the nearest OCBC Bank branch and register for the sign up.
How to login to your OCBC Bank account?
While logging in to your OCBC account online, you will have to put in your access code and password, both of which will be given to you by the bank. However, you can change the password of your online banking account after your first login.
Key benefits of using an OCBC ibanking
The following are some of the key benefits of using the ibanking facility available provided by the OCBC Bank:
- You don’t have to stand in long queues for simple banking errands like transfer of funds. You can use the fund transfer feature on your ibanking portal and transfer money to anywhere and everywhere.
- You can access the e-statement of your account any time using ibanking.
- You can link your utility accounts with your online banking account and pay the bills using internet banking.
- You can update your registered phone number, address, and other particulars sitting at the comfort of your home.
- You can pay for purchases made online easily using the ibanking facility.
- You can keep a tab on all your expenses using the OCBC ibanking facility.
Things to know while using OCBC online banking service
Following are a few pointers to keep in mind while using OCBC online banking services:
- Along with your log-in credentials, you will be given a security token that you will need to use to authorize transactions.
- Make sure that your personal information on the website remains updated all the time. Especially, your residential address, your mobile number and your email id should always be up to date.
- Refrain from using the ibanking service on a public computer to prevent fraudulent transactions and unwanted logins.
- Do not reveal the OTP, the serial number of your 2FA token, your username and password, and your bank account number, your credit/debit card number to people you don't know.
- If you notice any unauthorized login from your account, contact the bank immediately.
- Keep changing the password of your ibanking account frequently.
- Don't let anybody tamper with your 2FA security token. Make sure that your token remains secure with you all the time.
- Once logged in, do not leave your OCBC account unattended.
FAQs for OCBC ibanking
- What should I do if I notice an unauthorized login into my ibanking account?
- Can I get my account’s statement via post?
- Will I have to pay a fee for using the ibanking services of OCBC bank?
- How can I reset the PIN of my OCBC ibanking account?
Ans: You must immediately call OCBC Bank at 1800 363 3333 and report about the intrusion. In case you notice any unauthorized login, you can suspend access to your iBanking account. Request for new PIN for your iBanking account.
Ans: Yes, you can receive your account’s statement via post as well. For that, you have to register your address with the bank’s official website.
Ans: No, you will not be charged any fee for using the ibanking facilities of OCBC bank.
Ans: You can reset the PIN by logging into your account and going to the account settings.