OCBC is one of Singapore’s most popular banks that offers a range of investment products, insurance products, debit, and credit card products to Singaporean citizens, Permanent Residents and foreigners. The bank offers 4 debit cards, each of which come with their own set of unique features and benefits. Let’s take a look at some noteworthy features associated with these debit cards. We also look at the eligibility criteria, any fees and charges that might hold applicable, and some frequently asked questions that might help you get a better view about what the card has to offer.
Best OCBC Debit Cards in Singapore
As mentioned earlier, OCBC offers four debit cards in Singapore. Let’s take a look at each of these four cards in detail.
OCBC FRANK Debit Card
The OCBC FRANK Debit Card is one of the most popular debit cards in the Singapore market. Here are some exciting features and benefits that you can enjoy as a cardholder:
- The card offers you a 1% rebate on select fast food, online, convenience stores and transport merchants. A minimum monthly spend requirement of S$400 must be met to enjoy this cashback.
- This card can be used as a debit card, an ATM card to make cash withdrawals and an EZ-Link card. You can also use this card to make NETS FlashPay top-ups.
- The card can be used to make contactless payments at merchant terminals through Visa payWave.
- Cash withdrawals are free at UOB ATMs under the shared ATM network. The offer is applicable till 31 December 2017.
- You can choose your card design from a choice of 120 available designs.
OCBC Plus! Visa Debit Card
Another popular debit card in OCBC’s line-up is the OCBC Plus! Visa Debit Card. The card comes with some impressive features and benefits indeed. Let’s take a look:
- The card lets you enjoy discounts of up to 4% at FairPrice stores and Warehouse Club.
- You can also enjoy 3% discount at FairPrice online with your OCBC Plus! Visa Debit Card.
- In order to qualify for these discounts, all you’ve got to do is spend a minimum of S$200 in a given calendar month, at merchants other than FairPrice.
- If you spend a minimum of S$500 outside FairPrice stores in Singapore, you can enjoy additional discounts with your OCBC Plus! Visa Debit Card. You can enjoy 7% off at FairPrice stores and Warehouse Club, and a 3% discount at FairPrice online.
- Note that reference to spending at merchants outside FairPrice will not cover expenses incurred at FairPrice, FairPrice online, Unity and Warehouse Club.
- The card lets you make contactless transactions through Visa payWave.
- Visa spendings with the OCBC Plus! Debit Card will earn you 0.22% LinkPoints. Also, you can enjoy a 15% discount at the “plus! Marketplace” on your first purchase.
- As an OCBC Plus! Visa Debit Card member, you can enjoy excellent savings on fuel as well. You can enjoy savings of up to 18.5% at Esso stations in Singapore, plus an additional 2.4% Smiles savings when you use your debit card to make transactions at Esso stations across Singapore.
- Discounts can be enjoyed at Caltex stations in Singapore as well. Using your OCBC Plus! Visa Debit Card to make transactions at Caltex will let you enjoy discounts of up to 18% (on all fuel grades), plus an additional 0.2% LinkPoints rebate. Note that the maximum discount that can be earned (considering the cap) will be dependent on the amount you spend at these fuel stations in Singapore.
- As a cardmember, you also get to enjoy 3% off at Unity, Popular, and Cheers.
- You can also earn 1% LinkPoints rebate on recurring M1, SingTel and StarHub recurring bills.
- Being fundamentally a debit card, the OCBC Plus! Visa Debit Card can be used to make cash withdrawals from ATMs across the globe.
NTUC Plus! Visa Debit Card
Another excellent debit card offered by OCBC is the NTUC Plus! Visa Debit Card. The card offers excellent benefits to cardholders, and benefits are quite similar to those offered by the OCBC Plus! Visa Debit Card. But note that with the NTUC Plus! Debit Card, the benefits are slightly more advanced. Let’s take a look at what you can expect as a cardmember.
- The card offers rebates at FairPrice stores and Warehouse Club purchases. By spending a minimum of S$200 in a calendar month, you can enjoy 8% off at Warehouse Club and FairPrice stores in Singapore and 7% on FairPrice online.
- By spending a minimum of S$400 in a given calendar month with your NTUC Plus! Visa Debit Card, you can enjoy 12% off at Warehouse Club and FairPrice stores and 8% off at FairPrice online.
- Note that in order to qualify for these discounts (which are mostly in the form of LinkPoints rebates), you will have to spend the minimum amount mentioned, outside FairPrice stores. Note that spending outside FairPrice stores also means that spending at Warehouse Club, Unity, and FairPrice online do not qualify either.
- With the NTUC Plus! Visa Debit Card, you can also enjoy 3% off at Unity, Cheers and Popular.
- Fuel savings are also quite impressive with the NTUC Plus! Visa Debit Card. You can enjoy savings of up to 18.5% at Esso stations, and up to 18% at Caltex stations. Additionally, you can also earn Smiles Points at Esso stations and rebates (additional) at Caltex stations in Singapore with your NTUC Plus! Visa Debit Card.
- Using your card to pay for recurring SingTel, SarHub and M1 bills will earn you 1% rebate.
- All Visa spendings with your OCBC NTUC Plus! Visa Debit Card will earn you 0.22% LinkPoints. These points can be redeemed for rewards and benefits.
- The card can be used to make contactless payments through Visa payWave at merchant terminals in Singapore.
OCBC Yes! Debit Card
The Yes! Debit Card is another exciting card offered by OCBC. Let’s take a look at the most prominent features associated with the debit card:
- All your daily Visa spends with your OCBC Yes! Debit Card will earn you a 1% rebate.
- Daily spends with the debit card cover CityCab, Grab and Comfort rides, fast food outlets like McDonald’s and Burger King, online retail merchants that include Zalora, Lazada, FairPrice, iHerb and ASOS, and convenience stores that include 7-Eleven and Cheers.
- Note that in order to qualify for the rebate, you will have to make a minimum spend of S$400 in a given calendar month with your OCBC Yes! Debit Card.
- The card does not come with an annual fee – the annual fee is perpetually waived for the OCBC Yes! Debit Card.
OCBC Debit Card Fees and Charges
|Type of fee
||Fees and charges
|FRANK Debit Card annual fee
|FRANK Debit Card design fee
||Ranges between S$0 and S$30
|OCBC Plus! Visa Debit Card annual fee
||S$24 (1-year fee waiver)
|NTUC Plus! Visa Debit Card annual fee
||NIL (NTUC membership fee will be applicable)
|OCBC YES! Debit Card
|Card replacement fee
• FRANK Debit Card - Waived (card design fee applies)
• YES! Debit Card - S$20 (only applicable in case of loss/theft of card)
|Overseas cash withdrawal fee
||3% of the transacted amount (Minimum S$5 and maximum S$20)
|Foreign currency transaction fees
• Card association fee (Visa/MasterCard) - 1% of the transacted amount
• Bank administrative fee - 1.8% of the transacted amount
• Additional fees may be applicable as imposed by banks operating the ATMs
How to apply for an OCBC Debit Card in Singapore?
If you want to apply for an OCBC debit card in Singapore, you just have to visit the official OCBC Singapore website, and choose from one of three options available when you navigate to the debit card web page (specific debit card). The three options you have include filling out the online application form, visiting an OCBC ATM, or visiting the nearest branch of the bank.
Filling out the application form online is quite simple. You just have to enter your details against the fields provided, and submit the form. A representative from the bank will get in touch with you to take your application process forward, and help you complete other application-related procedures.
Note that if you wish to apply for a debit card by visiting an OCBC ATM, you’ll have to be an existing OCBC customer holding a bank account with OCBC. Else, you can visit the nearest OCBC branch in Singapore and physically complete your application form.
Eligibility criteria for OCBC Debit Cards in Singapore
In order to apply for any of the OCBC debit cards – OCBC FRANK Debit Card, NTUC Plus! Visa Debit Card, the OCBC Yes! Card or OCBC Plus! Visa Debit Card, the following eligibility parameters need to be satisfied:
- You must be at least 16 years old in order to apply for the debit card.
- You can be a Singapore citizen, a Permanent Resident, or a foreigner to be eligible to apply for the card.
- There is no minimum income requirement.
- For the NTUC Plus! Visa Debit Card, although there is no annual fee, the NTUC membership will hold applicable.
How to activate an OCBC Debit Card?
You can activate your OCBC debit card through the following ways:
- Online Banking
- Through OCBC Bank’s website
- OCBC Phone Banking
- By calling the Customer Care Executives on 1800 363 3333
- Visiting any OCBC Bank Branch
Q. How will I know if my OCBC debit card has been activated?
You will receive an SMS on your registered mobile number immediately after the activation of your OCBC debit card is successful.
Q. How long do I have to wait to use my OCBC debit card upon activation?
You can start using your OCBC debit card immediately after receiving the activation message.
Q. If I want to change my OCBC FRANK Debit Card design, will I be charged a replacement fee?
You can get 2 free card replacements of your OCBC FRANK Debit Card design within a 12-month period. Post that, you will be charged a card replacement fee of S$20 per replacement which excludes the card design fee. However, the card design fee will be applicable on all replacements of your FRANK Debit Card which ranges between S$10 and S$30.
Q. Will I be charged a withdrawal fee if I make make cash withdrawals using my OCBC debit card in Singapore?
No. Cash withdrawals within Singapore will not be charged. Overseas withdrawal using your OCBC debit card will attract a cash withdrawal fee.
Q. What should I do if I have lost my OCBC debit card?
You can call OCBC on 1800 363 3333 to block your OCBC debit card, in case it is lost/stolen. This number is operation 24 hours.