Investing on a home is a huge milestone in every individual’s life. Along with buying a property, comes the responsibility of safeguarding their homes against unforeseen calamities. A good home insurance plan goes a long way in protecting your home. While insuring homes, property owners can also extend protection for household contents, valuables and personal belongings with NTUC’s Enhanced Home insurance schemes.
NTUC Enhanced Home Insurance Overview
As the only insurance co-operative in Singapore, NTUC Income offers affordable insurance offers affordable insurance solutions to individuals and businesses. Established in 1970, NTUC has been a forerunner in providing value-added insurance benefits to customers across different segments of the society. With an extensive network of partners and financial planners, NTUC’s product portfolio comprises of insurance products, investment and savings plans.
NTUC Enhanced Home Insurance covers building structure damages inclusive of fixtures and fittings, losses or damages to household contents, personal belongings, money and valuables belonging to policyholders and their families. Personal accident cover for death and permanent disability for permanent residents of the insured property along with cover for medical expenses incurred due to any insured event is also covered under this home insurance plan.
Features of NTUC Enhanced Home Insurance
NTUC offers comprehensive home protection plans to HDB and private homeowners and tenants with additional benefits and discounts. NTUC’s home insurance plans safeguard homes, home contents, renovated items and buildings against unexpected incidents like theft, fire or flood damages. Enhanced Home insurance can be availed as three different plans namely - Comprehensive, Standard and Flexible depending on the requirements of the policyholder. If policyholders choose one year plans, then the premium can be paid yearly or monthly using their Credit Card. For three year plans, premium payments can be made once every three years.
NTUC Flexible Plans
|HDB Flats - Coverage for Buildings /Renovations||$2.45 per $10,000|
HDB Flats - Coverage for Home contents
$14.56 per $10,000
|Private homes - Coverage for Buildings /Renovations||$4.00 per $10,000|
|Private homes - Coverage for Home contents||$19.00 per $10,000|
NTUC Plans for HDB HomesComprehensive plan The Comprehensive plan can be availed only by HDB home owners in Singapore and extends protection for buildings, home contents and renovation works.
|HDB flat types||Buildings/Renovation works||
The Standard plan can be availed only by homeowners and tenants in Singapore and extends protection for home contents and renovation works.
Premium Rates HDB Homes
|HDB flat types||Yearly premium - Comprehensive Plan||Yearly premium - Standard Plan|
NTUC Plans for Private Homes
The Comprehensive plan can be availed only by private homeowners in Singapore and extends protection for buildings, home contents and renovation works.
The Standard plan can be availed only by private homeowners and tenants in Singapore and extends protection for home contents and renovation works.
|Plan Type||Renovations||Household Contents|
Premium Rates Private Homes
|Type of plans||Yearly premium - Comprehensive Plan||Yearly premium - Standard Plan|
NTUC Additional Covers
- Removal of debris
- Temporary cover for new improvements.
- Loss of rental income and extra hotel expenses.
- Extra hotel expenses of up to $350 per day.
- Conservancy charges up to $1000.
- Loss or damage to household contents while they have been temporarily removed from the insured premises.
- Loss or damage to contents belonging to domestic servants, replacement of keys and locks and food spoilage in refrigerators up to $500.
- Unauthorised transactions on ATM cards and credit cards up to $1000
- Family personal accident cover of up to $50000.
- Covers medical expenses incurred due to injuries caused by any type of insured event for up to $1000.
- Family worldwide liability cover up to $500000.
- Cover for loss of domestic pets up to $500.
- Emergency cash allowance up to $500.
- Compensation for stress up to $300.
- Accidental fixed glass and mirror breakages up to $1000.
List of Insured Incidents
Fire incidents/ Explosions / Lightning
- Accidents due to the insured and family members being hit by vehicles, trains, aircrafts and animals.
- Damages due to forcible violence used for voluntary break-ins and theft in the insured premises.
- Bursting of pipes and overflowing of water tanks and other apparatus in occupied properties.
- Hurricanes / volcanic Eruptions / cyclones / earthquakes / windstorms / typhoons.
- Floods caused by seawater, storms, or public drains.
- Riots / strikes
NTUC Enhanced Home Insurance Eligibility
- Individuals availing a NTUC Enhanced Home Insurance plan must be owners or co-owners of properties in Singapore.
- Applicants can also be tenants or co-tenants renting properties in Singapore to be eligible to buy a NTUC Enhanced Home Insurance plan.
Compare NTUC Enhanced Home Insurance With Other Insurance Companies Offering Home Insurance in Singapore
- AIA Home Insurance
- AVIVA Home Insurance
- MSIG Home Insurance
- Tenet Home Insurance
- AXA Home Insurance
- AIG Home Insurance
- HSBC Home Insurance
FAQs for NTUC Enhanced Home Insurance
- Can a customer take a HDB fire insurance plan along with NTUC Income Enhanced Home Insurance?
Yes, customers can take the plans together and enjoy combined home protection benefits from both.
- How does under-insurance affect a policyholder?
If customers have under-insured their homes, then they will have to bear a share of cost of the loss or damage when they make claims.
- Are bicycles insured under NTUC Income Enhanced Home Insurance?
Yes, bicycles are insured, provided that the loss or damage to a bicycle occurs within the insured home premises.
- Does NTUC Income Enhanced Home Insurance also cover valuables like art work, antiques or jewelry?
Yes, these types of valuables are included under the Household contents cover with an overall section limit of 5%.
- Do customers have the option of choosing flexible benefit limits?
Yes, customers can choose benefit limits as per their requirements with NTUC’s flexible plans offered at a minimum yearly premium of $35.31.
News About NTUC Home Insurance Singapore
NTUC Income Promotion
Runtime – Ongoing
Particulars – If you are a NTUC Income policyholder, you will get a sign-up bonus of $8 by logging in to Income Treats. You will also get up to 30 percent as cashback and a range of other discounts from over 300 online stores. These online stores include Taobao, Lazada, Expedia etc.
Terms & Conditions
Please contact NTUC Income for more details about the applicable terms and conditions for this promotional offer.