In today’s world, a car is more of a necessity than luxury. May it be going to office or taking your family out for a movie followed by dinner, a car always helps you to commute easily. It is of utmost importance to protect your car as accidents can happen anytime. The NTUC car insurance is a unique plan that meets the demands of all Singaporeans.
Types of car insurance provided by NTUC
There are three types of NTUC car insurances that are catered to your needs. The NTUC car insurances types are:
- FlexiMileage: This plan enables you to earn more by when you drive less. You can earn up to 69% discount on your premium.
- Drive Master: With this plan, you can earn rewards if you have and maintain good driving. You can enjoy up to 64% discount on your premium if you practice good driving behaviour.
- Drivo: Under this plan, you will get coverage for car repairs, damage/loss, and accidental costs at affordable prices.
Features and Benefits of NTUC Car Insurance
Let’s understand the features and benefits of each of the plans mentioned above:
- You can enjoy up to 35% discount on your premium for Drivo Insurance Plan if you manage to clock less than 9,000 km mileage in the last 12 months.
- This discount is offered in addition to the No Claim Discount (NCD) and loyalty discount.
- The FlexiMileage discount for mileage less than 5,000 km p.a. is 35%.
- The FlexiMileage discount for mileage between 5,000 and 9,000 km p.a. is 20%.
- If you have been insuring your car with NTUC for more than 3 years, then you will receive a loyalty discount of 5%.
- At NTUC’s accident reporting centres, you will get claim advice and assistance in filing the report of accident and assessing the vehicle damage.
- By having good driving behaviour you can enjoy up to 64% discount on your policy premium for Drive Master car insurance whenever you renew your policy.
- You will get a driving score for your driving behaviour which will be tracked by the mobile app of Drive Master. Your driving score depends on factors such as mileage, driving speed, driving time, and manoeuvres.
- This discount is offered apart from the NCD and loyalty discount.
- If your driving score is above 95 you will get a premium discount of 25%.
- If your driving score is between 91 to 95 you will get a premium discount of 20%.
- If your driving score is between 81 to 90 you will get a premium discount of 15%.
- If your driving score is between 70 to 80 you will get a premium discount of 10%.
- You will get instalment payment plans for credit cards and the plans are quite flexible.
Drivo Car Insurance
- You can get up to 5% loyalty discount if you have been insuring your car for more than 3 years with NTUC Insurance.
- Enjoy road and medical assistance for 24 hours while you are travelling in West Malaysia. The hotline number for 24-hour road and medical assistance is +603 7965 3865.
- With NTUC you will get instalment payment plans for credit cards.
- You can earn LinkPoints if you sign up for Drivo plan.
No-Claim Discounts Offered by NTUC
As said earlier, with NTUC you will get an additional benefit to protect your No Claim Discount only if it’s at least 30%. From the last 2 consecutive years if you are getting 50% NCD with NTUC car insurance, then you will automatically get free NCD protection. You will get the free NCD once you renew your policy with NTUC.
What Does NTUC Car Insurance Policy Cover?
The below table explains the coverage provided by NTUC car insurance on the policies:
|Description||Drivo Premium||Drivo Classic|
|Repairs to your vehicle at workshop you prefer||Covered||Not covered|
|Vehicle repairs at a workshop chosen by NTUC Income||Not covered||Covered|
|Accidental loss or damage to your vehicle||Covered||Covered|
|Damage caused by theft or fire (it depends on the market value at the time of damage)||Covered||Covered|
|Damage caused to a property that belongs to a third party||Up to S$5 million||Up to S$5 million|
|Death or injury caused to a third party||Unlimited coverage||Unlimited coverage|
|Medical expenses||Up to S$1,000||Up to S$1,000|
|Benefits related to personal accident||Up to S$50,000||Up to S$50,000|
|Towing service||Up to S$500||Up to S$500|
|Unlimited coverage for windscreen||Covered||Covered|
|Policy excess||S$600 per claim||S$600 per claim|
|Windscreen excess||S$100 per claim||S$100 per claim|
|Unnamed driver excess
|NCD protector (only for 30% NCD)||Covered||Covered|
|Alternative transport allowance, in the event of damage to your vehicle||S$50 up to 7 days||S$50 up to 7 days|
You can also enhance your coverage by taking Drivo Prestige Plan and tailor it according to your requirements. There is an additional option to take extra coverage if you are a frequent traveller to Malaysia.
NTUC Car Insurance Policy Exclusions
The general exclusions for NTUC car insurance are listed below (the exclusions are not limited to the below points). NTUC will not pay/be liable if:
- You are trying to damage your vehicle purposely (in case of suicide attempt).
- You are under the influence of drugs, liquor, or medicines.
- Your vehicle is not registered under the Road Traffic Act.
- Your vehicle has modifications that have not been approved by the Land Transport Authority in accordance with Road Traffic Act.
- Your vehicle has more number of people than the specified seating capacity during the accident.
- Your claim is declared to be fraudulent by NTUC.
- Your claim is deliberately exaggerated.
- The supporting documents are false.
- The damage caused is due to a civil war, civil commotion, riot, mutiny, uprising or rebellion, etc.
- The damage caused is due to the direct or indirect result of terrorism.
- If the damage is caused by nuclear weapons or materials related to nuclear weapons.
How to Make a Claim?
The claim process for NTUC car insurance is explained below.
If your vehicle is stolen: Firstly, you must lodge a police complaint. You must submit the copy of the police complaint report to NTUC at any of the Income branches within the next working day.
The claim process is:
- Take your car to one-stop Motor Service Centre or to any NTUC approved workshop.
- If you need a towing service you must call 6788 6616. Note that you should not take any other towing service which is not assigned by NTUC.
- You must reach NTUC’s Motor Service Centre to file a claim. Here, NTUC’s staff member will assist you with the claim process and also dealing with the third party.
- The address of NTUC Motor Service Centre is Motor Service Centre, UB. One, 81 Ubi Avenue 4, #01-18/19, Singapore 408830.
- The operating hours of the NTUC Motor Service Centre are from Monday to Friday between 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. On Saturdays the working hours are between 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. NTUC Motor Service Centre will be closed on Sundays and also on public holidays.
- You can also submit your claim at an approved workshop by NTUC Income. You must take your vehicle to any workshop that’s approved by NTUC Income for all kinds of repairs and at the workshop, you will get the help for filing your claim.
How to apply?
There are different ways to apply for the NTUC car insurance plan. These ways are as follows:
- You can purchase the NTUC car insurance online. All you need to do is go to the official website of NTUC Income and click on the ‘Buy Online’ option.
- You can walk into any nearby NTUC Income branch and speak to a representative to apply for this plan.
- You can call NTUC Income on their hotline number and speak to representative about the application process.
- You can choose to send an online enquiry before you apply for the NTUC car insurance plan.
- You can choose to speak with one of the authorized representative of NTUC Income. You can also make use of the online matching tool of NTUC to find an advisor who is perfect for you.
Compare NTUC Car Insurance with Other Insurance Companies Offering Car Insurance in Singapore
- AVIVA Car Insurance
- AXA Car Insurance
- Tenet Car Insurance
- NTUC Motor Insurance
- ETIQA Motor Insurance
- Tokio Marine Motor Insurance
- Liberty Vehicle Insurance
How to Cancel NTUC Car Insurance
You can cancel your NTUC car insurance by writing to NTUC or by contacting NTUC. You will receive the refund of your premium. The refund is calculated by NTUC which depends on the unexpired insurance period and the original insurance period.
NTUC Car Insurance Hotline
The NTUC car insurance hotline details are:
- You can call NTUC’s hotline number 6788 6616 for your questions related to claims.
- For your general queries, you can call NTUC’s hotline number 6789 9595.
- In case of an emergency, you must contact NTUC accident response team at 6789 5000 which is available 24 hours. This team is also known as Orange Force.
- In case of an emergency, you can also contact 6788 6616 for doubts.
Frequently Asked Questions - NTUC Car Insurance
- How can I pay for my policy when I purchase online?
Payment can be made either through eNETS Direct Debit method or using your Visa/MasterCard Credit Card.
- Will my policy be activated as soon as I purchase it online?
Yes, it will be activated once your payment is confirmed.
- What is the minimum premium charged for cancellation of motor insurance policy?
The minimum premium charged is $26.75 which is inclusive of GST, once your motor insurance policy is cancelled.
- Will my NCD be affected if there is a change in ownership of the car?
You can keep your NCD for 24 months, if there is a change in ownership.
- When should I report the accident?
Your accident report should be made by the end of the next working day, after the accident.
News About NTUC Car Insurance Singapore
NTUC Income Motor Insurance Instalment Payment Plan Promotion
Run Time – This is an ongoing offer.
Particulars – Pay the premium of your NTUC motor insurance using your UOB, DBS/POSB, OCBC credit card, to get up to 12 months 0% interest instalment payment option.
Terms and Conditions:
- You will have to pay a one-time processing fee of 3% for road tax.
- To get more information about the terms and conditions, please contact NTUC Income.