In today’s world, a car is more of a necessity than luxury. May it be going to office or taking your family out for a movie followed by dinner, a car always helps you to commute easily. It is of utmost importance to protect your car as accidents can happen anytime. The NTUC car insurance is a unique plan that meets the demands of all Singaporeans.
Types of NTUC Car Insurance:
There are two types of NTUC car insurance. They are as follows:
- Drivo Classic
- Drivo Premium
What it covers:
The NTUC car insurance plan covers your vehicle and also gives protection to you. Mention below are the factors covered by the plan.
- Repairs to the vehicle – All the expenses for the car repairs will be reimbursed. There are above 30 workshops that are selected by NTUC income for your car repairs. If you upgrade the plan, you can choose a workshop as per your convenience for the repairs.
- Damages and losses – All the vehicle damages and losses caused due to fire, natural disasters, floods, theft, etc. are covered by this plan.
- Damages to third party – Any legal liability that might arise from bodily injury or death of a third party or damage to the property of the third party is covered by NTUC car insurance.
- Personal accident benefit – Accidental benefits are offered under this plan. You can also avail cover for your medical expenditures.
- Windscreen cover and Towing service – Coverage for windscreen is unlimited and coverage for towing service can be up to S$500.
Features and Benefits:
The NTUC car insurance comes with several features and benefits that can proved to be useful or you. These features and benefits are as follows:
- If you insure your car with NTUC for more than 3 years, you can enjoy a loyalty discount of 5%.
- If you travel in West Malaysia, you can avail referral services round the clock. You can also avail medical assistance while traveling.
- NTUC offers claim advice that is useful and also provides help while filing a report in case of an accident. It also helps in the assessment of damages caused to your vehicle at the accident reporting hubs that are located conveniently.
- Optional benefit is provided for protecting the NCD (no-claim discount). Free NCD protection is granted when the policy is renewed by you with NTUC.
- Enjoy credit card installment payment plans that are flexible.
- NTUC Link Points can be earned by you when you renew or purchase a car insurance before December 31, 2016.
Enhance the Coverage:
- Prestige Plan – If you own a Porsche car like Cayman, Cayenne, 911, Boxter and Panamera then you can buy this particular coverage plan that is designed for you.
- Premium Plan – If you upgrade to Premium Plan then you can choose a workshop as per your convenience for your vehicle repairs.
- Additional coverage for driving to Malaysia – The standard policy offers you coverage when you are driving around in Malaysia. In case you need extra coverage, you can avail this particular extension rider which will allow you to enjoy additional coverage if you are driving to Malaysia on a regular basis. You can also choose duration of coverage as per your convenience.
- Excess waiver cover – You can avail optional coverage for waiving basis excess of S$600 when you make a claim under the motor policy.
- Daily transport allowance – Daily transport allowance can be availed to a maximum of S$50 per day. It starts from the first day of your vehicle repairs and continues for 7 days. This is only applicable to the first two claims made by you.
How to apply?
There are different ways to apply for the NTUC car insurance plan. These ways are as follows:
- You can purchase the NTUC car insurance online. All you need to do is go to the official website of NTUC Income and click on the ‘Buy Online’ option.
- You can walk into any nearby NTUC Income branch and speak to a representative to apply for this plan.
- You can call NTUC Income on their hotline number and speak to representative about the application process.
- You can choose to send an online enquiry before you apply for the NTUC car insurance plan.
- You can choose to speak with one of the authorized representative of NTUC Income. You can also make use of the online matching tool of NTUC to find an advisor who is perfect for you.
Compare NTUC Car Insurance with Other Insurance Companies Offering Car Insurance in Singapore
- AVIVA Car Insurance
- AXA Car Insurance
- Tenet Car Insurance
- AIG Motor Insurance
- NTUC Motor Insurance
- ETIQA Motor Insurance
- Tokio Marine Motor Insurance
- AIG Commercial Motor Insurance
- Liberty Vehicle Insurance
Frequently Asked Questions - NTUC Car Insurance
- How can I pay for my policy when I purchase online?
Payment can be made either through eNETS Direct Debit method or using your Visa/MasterCard Credit Card.
- Will my policy be activated as soon as I purchase it online?
Yes, it will be activated once your payment is confirmed.
- What is the minimum premium charged for cancellation of motor insurance policy?
The minimum premium charged is $26.75 which is inclusive of GST, once your motor insurance policy is cancelled.
- Will my NCD be affected if there is a change in ownership of the car?
You can keep your NCD for 24 months, if there is a change in ownership.
- When should I report the accident?
Your accident report should be made by the end of the next working day, after the accident.
News About NTUC Car Insurance Singapore
NTUC Income Motor Insurance Instalment Payment Plan Promotion
Run Time – This is an ongoing offer.
Particulars – Pay the premium of your NTUC motor insurance using your UOB, DBS/POSB, OCBC credit card, to get up to 12 months 0% interest instalment payment option.
Terms and Conditions:
- You will have to pay a one-time processing fee of 3% for road tax.
- To get more information about the terms and conditions, please contact NTUC Income.