Maybank is one of Singapore’s top regional banks offering a range of banking and financial services. Among the many categories that Maybank credit cards fall under, the bank is particularly known for its student credit card offering. Maybank offers a popular student credit card for Singaporean and foreign students – the eVibes Card.
The credit card comes with features specifically structured to meet the spending and lifestyle interests of students. Let’s take a look at the credit card in detail – we look at the features, fee details, benefits offered by the card, eligibility criteria and how to apply for the card.
Maybank Student Credit Card Promotions in Singapore
Zilingo: Use your Maybank Student Credit Card and get a discount of 10% across ZILINGO stores in Singapore. The promotional offer is valid till 31 December, 2017.
Agoda: Get a discount of 8% when you make travel reservations on Agoda.com with your Maybank eVibes Card. The offer is valid on participating hotels and particular destinations, the information in which is available on the Agoda website. The promotional travel offer is valid till 31 December, 2017.
Features and benefits of Maybank Student Credit Cards
The Maybank eVibes Credit Card comes with several exciting features. Being a student credit card, the card has specific features that are designed to benefit students. Some of the prominent features of this credit card are:
- The card is designed for students aged 18 and above. This is a feature that is common amongst student credit cards.
- It comes with a relatively low and manageable credit limit of S$500.
- The card is known for its popular 1-for-1 offerings at entertainment and dining establishments in Singapore.
- The credit card statement is received online and bill payments can be made in a convenient and seamless manner.
- If you are a student and wish to apply for the card, you don’t have to have a guarantor.
- The credit card can be used to make cash withdrawals from ATMs. These cash withdrawals will attract cash advance handling charges and interest charges that are levied at a compounding rate of interest on an everyday basis.
- The card comes with a low annual fee that is waived for the first two years.
- The card also does not charge a service charge that is levied on a quarterly basis.
- Receive the Maybank eVibes credit card and receive a cool Adidas wrist watch if you make a purchase using the card within the first month of receiving the credit card.
- The following 1-for-1 deals are offered with the Maybank eVibes Student Credit Card:
- Purchase one cinema ticket at Cathay Cineplexes and get another ticket free with your Maybank Student Credit Card. The offer is valid only on 2D movie tickets.
- The offer is not valid for 3D movie tickets, film festivals, and Hindi and Tamil movies.
- In order to use the offer, tickets are to be purchased at the kiosk and not online. Ticket purchases online are not part of the offer.
- Purchases you make using your Maybank Student Credit Card will earn you TREATS Points. These TREATS Points can be redeemed for excellent offers and privileges.
- You can use the card to make contactless payments using Visa Paywave and MasterCard Paypass.
Eligibility Criteria for Maybank Student Credit Card
In order to apply for the Maybank Student Credit Card, the following eligibility parameters need to be met.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for the card.
- Students between the age of 18 and 30 can apply for the credit card.
- You are required to submit proof from your educational institution in order to attest that you are a student as this card is only meant for students.
- All relevant documents that are required by the bank need to be submitted.
Documents to be submitted to the bank
- Proof of identity.
- Proof of admission in education institution.
- Passport in the case of foreign students.
- Proof of residence.
How to apply for a Maybank Student Credit Card
In order to apply for a Maybank Student Credit Card, you can visit the Maybank website and fill out the online application form for the eVibes Credit Card. You will also need to submit your documents including your proof of identity, proof of residence, a letter from the institution stating that you are a student of that institution and other related documents as may be required by the bank. Once you submit your documents, a representative from Maybank will get in touch with you and clarify details provided by you in the application form. You will be asked to provide further details if necessary, following which the bank will review your application.
How to cancel a Maybank Student Credit Card
If you wish to cancel Maybank student Credit Card, simply contact the Maybank hotline numbers and inform your intention to cancel your card. You will also be required to give in writing your intention to cancel your card in select cases.
Reporting a lost/stolen credit card
If you wish to report a lost or stolen student credit card, you can simply contact the Maybank Credit Card hotline number and inform the representative regarding the loss or theft of your credit card. You will need to provide your card details, history of most recent transactions performed using your card and other identity related details for the bank to verify your claim.
The bank will subsequently block your credit card, preventing any further transactions from taking place on your card. Note that the bank will investigate cases of fraud or customer’s having acted in gross negligence, especially when unauthorised transactions take place on the credit card before the bank is informed about the loss or theft of the credit card. The penalty for lost/stolen credit cards is S$100.