If you are keen to have a credit card that provides exclusive privileges on your lifestyle needs such as hotel stays and golfing perks, you may consider applying for the Maybank World MasterCard.
Features and benefits
When it comes to catering to all your lifestyle requirements, Maybank World MasterCard offers the following perks:
- Use your Maybank World MasterCard throughout the year to spend on your retail, travel, and lifestyle needs.
- Play golf at your favourite club. You can always use your Maybank World Card to play golf while you travel across the globe. With the Maybank World Card, you will also get complimentary green fees at 79 world-class fairways (in 15 countries). If you are an avid golfer then you surely don’t want to miss going to the Els Club in Malaysia.
- You will get complimentary travel insurance coverage of up to S$1 million when you book your travel or air tickets using your Maybank card.
- Get exclusive privileges at SPG Hotels in Malaysia, Singapore, and Indonesia. You can save up to 20%.
- You can earn up to 10x TREATS points for every S$1 spent at selected merchant locations that include Paradise Group, Imperial Treasure, Crystal Jade, Les Amis Group of Restaurants, T Galleria by DFS, Singapore, Club 21, The Luxe House, and Escentials.
- You can get up to 15% discount by using this Fuel Card and 10x TREATS Points from your Maybank World MasterCard on fuel spends. If you want more savings, redeem your TREATS Points to get savings of up to 4.85% with cash credits on your Corporate Fuel Card.
- Utilise your accumulated TREATS Points on your card by redeeming them for gift vouchers and cash credits.
Fees and Charges
|Annual fee for the Maybank World MasterCard
|Cash advance fee
||S$15 or 5% of the withdrawn amount, depending on whichever is higher
|Interest charged on cash advance
|Late payment fee
||S$50 or 5% of the minimum payment due
|Over limit fee
||3% of the credit limit plus the additional amount over the credit limit
|Foreign currency transaction fee
||1% of the transacted amount
|Dynamic currency conversion fee
||1% of the converted transacted amount
In order to apply for the Maybank World MasterCard, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- You should be at least 21 years of age.
- You will need to have a minimum annual income of S$80,000.
You will need to furnish the papers listed below while applying for the card:
- If you are fully salaried or getting your salary with commission, you will need to submit a photocopy of your NRIC card (front and back) along with your latest computerised payslip or latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment.
- If you are self-employed/fully commissioned/work as a freelancer or part timer, you will be required to furnish a photocopy of your NRIC card (front and back) and latest 2 years Income Tax Notice of Assessment.
- If you are a foreign national, you will be required to produce a valid passport along with your employment pass (that includes 6 months’ validity), utility bills with bank statements as address proof, company statement verifying your employment for at least 1 year.
How to apply?
If you qualify for the Maybank World MasterCard, you can visit the Maybank website and submit your online application. Upon reviewing your personal and professional details, you will receive the card if it is approved. You could also approach your nearest Maybank branch for an offline application.
How to cancel?
If you wish to terminate or cancel your credit card, you will need to contact Maybank through phone or in person and notify them with a written notice on why you wish to cancel your card. Once this is done, you will need to destroy your card and supplementary card (if any) by cutting them into two or more pieces. This will ensure that your card is not misused. You will also need to ensure that your card bill is paid in full before the card is cancelled.