Maybank is among the leading financial institutes in Asia and with a network of over 2,400 offices spread across 20 countries, their presence is increasing on a daily basis. The bank offers a range of banking products both in conventional banking formats and Islamic banking. Its Singapore operations is one of their largest overseas operations and have had their presence in Singapore since the 1960’s.
In its extensive history has even been recognised by the Monetary Authority of Singapore as one of the major banks to have an impact on Singapore’s financial ecosystem. Maybank also boasts of an impressive ATM network with over 150 ATMs strategically located across business and suburban districts.
With Maybank online banking services, you can enjoy hassle-free account management. From transferring funds to paying bills and checking your account balance, Maybank offers you a wide range of online banking services in one place. You can use your Maybank online banking account to transfer funds to 13 participating banks via FAST. Maybank uses a Transaction Signing feature to make your online banking transactions secure.
iBanking & Maybank Internet Banking
With internet banking, you can enjoy all the features of traditional banking in one place. You don’t need to install a special software to use internet banking. All you need is a computer and internet connection. You can easily login to your online banking account on the bank’s official website with a username and password. Registering for internet banking is easy if you have a bank account or credit card account.
Whether you want to pay bills or transfer funds, you can do it at your own pace as internet banking services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You no longer have to make cheque and cash deposits at bank branches while standing in a queue during banking hours. With online banking services, you can perform transactions at any time and from anywhere.
How does internet banking or iBanking work in Singapore?
Most banks in Singapore offer incentives for carrying out banking services using internet banking. Listed below is the step by step process for using iBanking:
- You have to carry out a one-time registration on the bank website using your ATM card, credit card or debit card.
- You will receive a username and password that can be used to login into your online account.
- After logging in, you can change the password at your discretion and start making use of the tools provides by the online banking services.
Some banks offer services where you can live chat with a customer service representative regarding banking related queries.
How to apply for Maybank online banking?
You have to register for online banking services on the Maybank website:
- Click on the ‘Signup’ tab.
- A window with the online banking services’ Terms and Conditions will pop up. Click on the ‘Accept’ tab.
- You can use your ATM, debit or credit card number and PIN to register. Or, you can an 8-digit Access ID and PIN.
- After PIN verification, you have to create a username and password for your online banking account.
- A One-Time Password will be sent to your registered mobile number for authentication.
How to log into Maybank Online Banking service
Logging into your Maybank Online banking page is a simple process and entails the following steps.
- Visit the Maybank online banking webpage
- Enter your user ID and PIN
- Once authenticated, the page will log you in and you can view and manage your account.
- In the case where you have forgotten either your User ID or PIN, you can simply click on the “Forgot Username or password tab for personal users just below the space provided for you to enter your details.
- Follow the steps and fill in the required information in the given fields to view your user ID and reset your PIN.
Common services available for iBanking users in Singapore
Listed below are some of the common services available for Maybank online banking users in Singapore:
- Manage your account
- Check account balance
- View transaction history
- Apply online for new accounts, loans, and phone banking services
- Fix an appointment with a bank executive
- Check the status of your cheque payments, cancel cheque payments
- Request for e-Statement and view your transaction statements online
- Activate or deactivate card for overseas usage
- Change password
- Report lost or stolen ATM card
- Update contact details
- Pay bills
- Transfer funds via cards or FAST
- Make credit card payments
Key benefits of Maybank Online Banking
Having a Maybank Online Banking service set-up offers account holders a multitude of benefits. These include the following.
- Account holders can view and manage their account with just a few clicks of their button. Maybank online banking customers can enjoy 24 hour access to their accounts.
- Not only will they be able to view their account details and check their transaction histories but can also use the service to pay off their utility bills.
- The Personal Internet Banking service can be used for services such as activating a credit card or for investing in Unit trusts.
- Personal Internet Banking also allows the account holders to enjoy preferential rates on services such as standing instructions, demand drafts and online remittances.
Investment options for Maybank Online Banking customers
Customers who have activated Personal Internet Banking can even enjoy investment options such as Unit trusts. The available investment options for Maybank Online banking customers are
- Equities: This investment option offers customers a chance to participate in a company’s growth as a shareholder and aims to provide capital growth.
- Bonds: These investment options are to ensure a stable and steady stream of interest and also aims at preserving one’s capital.
- Mixed assets: As the name suggests, this option is a combination of various assets including but not limited to equities, bonds and cash. Such investment options diversify portfolios and minimise risk.
FAQs for Maybank Internet Banking Users
Listed below are some of the frequently asked questions by iBanking users:
- What to do if my internet banking account is hacked?
- What to do if I forget my username or password?
- Is there a fee or charge for using iBanking?
- Who can use Maybank internet banking?
- What are the security measures taken to protect your online banking transactions?
Call Maybank at 1800 629 2265 or (65) 6533 5229 for overseas calls. If you notice any unusual activity, you can suspend access to your internet banking account temporarily and request for a PIN reset.
Visit a Maybank ATM branch and use your ATM or debit card and PIN to reset PIN and get a new Access ID. You can create a new username and password using the new Access ID and PIN then login to your Maybank online banking account.
Maybank doesn’t charge a fee for using personal internet banking services. It is free of charge for subscription and sign up.
Customers with an individual or joint account at Maybank can register for e-Services through internet banking.
Maybank uses Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) and Transaction Signing wherein an 8-digit code is sent via SMS to your registered mobile number which in turn can be used to generate an OTP from your Security Token. The 6-digit OTP is used to authenticate your online transaction. You can also register for online transaction alerts via SMS or email notifications so that you can keep track of all transactions made using your online banking account.