MSIG Maid Insurance Singapore Review
MSIG offers MaidPlus which ensures that your foreign domestic help gets a comprehensive coverage in accordance with the standards set by Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower (MOM). You can also choose to go for optional additional benefits that complement and add something extra to the already existing cover offered by this policy
Key Highlights of Plans
Here are some of the benefits that you will get when you purchase this insurance policy
- Compensation in case of an accident.
- Cover for hospitalisation and surgery.
- Payment of security bond to MOM, without any additional costs.
Here are the details of the cover offered under MaidPlus
|Death and Permanent Disablement
|Hospital and Surgical Expenses
|Alternative Maid Benefit
||S$50/day (maximum of 30 days)
|Wage and Levy Reimbursement
||S$30/day (maximum of 30 days)
|Replacement Maid Compensation
|Third Party Liability
|Cover for Maid’s Personal Belongings
|Letter of Guarantee to MOM
|Additional Hospital and Surgical Expenses
||Up to S$15,000
|Employer’s Liability ( 3 options)
||Up to S$300,000, Up to S$500,000 or Up to S$1,000,000
|Insurance Guarantee Bond to Philippine Overseas Labour Office
||S$2,000 or S$7,000
There are certain situations in which cover will not be provided under this policy. Some of the situations are as follows:
- Any claims arising out of situations related to pre-existing medical conditions will not be compensated by this policy.
- Cases as a consequence of willful participation in illegal activities or reckless behaviour.
- Claims arising out of incidents while under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs.
- Treatment for psychiatric, emotional or nervous disorders.
- Cases as a result of acts of war, terrorism, riots and other such situations.
Documents Required for Purchasing
Here are some of the documents that you need to present while purchasing this insurance policy:
- A copy of your NRIC.
- A copy of the foreign domestic maid’s passport. The copy should have the photo, passport number, and other personal details of the maid.
- Copy of the In-Principle Approval Letter or Renewal Letter from the Work Permit Department.
Here’s How You Can Buy MaidPlus
You can buy this policy online by visiting www.msig.com.sg and following these steps:
- Click on “Buy Online” and enter the policy start and end date.
- Select the plan that you wish to go with.
- Complete the other application details.
- Finally, you can review the policy offer and confirm it by paying online.
How Do I Make a Claim?
To make a claim for any situation covered by this insurance policy, you need to follow these steps:
- The important thing to do is to inform your insurance provider about any incident that might result in a claim, as soon as possible. You can do so by calling +65 6827 7660.
- You can download the claims form from the website. You can also request to have the claims form sent you.
- Complete the form with all the necessary documents and send it back to the company.
Documents Required to Make a Claim
Here are some of the documents that you might be required to furnish in order to submit a claim:
- Completed claims form.
- Original medical invoices.
- Copy of the medical reports and certificates.
- Copy of maid’s work permit.
Here is how you can get in touch with MISG in case of emergencies or claim related enquiries
- For claims related queries, you can call the 24-hour hotline on +65 6827 7660
- In case of a healthcare emergency, you can contact the healthcare hotline on +65 6323 8388
- For other enquiries, you can call +65 6827 7602
- You can also choose to send a fax to +65 6827 2708