How to change or update name and personal details in IRAS.

If you want to change your name on the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) records, you can do so through the following ways:

  • For Singapore citizens and Permanent Residents - You will have to update the ICA or Immigration and Checkpoints Authority with the change in your name. After doing so, the IRAS records will be updated automatically.
  • For foreigners - You will have to send a copy of your Employment Pass (EP), Deed Poll or another official document containing your official name to the IRAS.

Changing marital status

If you wish to change your marital status, you will have to send a copy of your marriage certificate, divorce certificate or Decree Nisi Absolute (Interim Judgment Final) to the IRAS. You can send the document either through an email via myTax mail or through post at the following address:

"Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore 55 Newton Road Revenue House Singapore 307987"

Changing contact details

  • Individuals and businesses can update their contact details by logging into myTax Portal through their IRAS PIN or SingPass and click on the option, "Update Contact Details" to change their contact details.
  • Foreigners can update their contact details by visiting myTax Portal using their IRAS PIN or SingPass. If you do have an IRAS PIN or SingPass, you can apply for one online on the IRAS website.

Changing company name with the IRAS

If you have changed your company name, then you have to first file this change with ACRA (Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority). You can file for this change online. Note that once you have filed the change in name with ACRA, you do not have to separately inform the IRAS regarding the same. Your new company name will be automatically updated with the IRAS in the following way:

Filing for company name change with ACRA Company name change reflected on the IRAS records
Between 1st and 15th of a month. The IRAS records will be updated on the 19th of the same month.
Starting from the 16th until the last day of a month. The IRAS records will be updated on the 4th of the next month.

Updating the IRAS directly in case of urgent matters

In the event that you are awaiting your tax refund or any correspondence from the IRAS and you wish for your new company name to be immediately reflected on the IRAS records, you can do so by contacting the IRAS directly via email or fax. You have to provide the IRAS with the following information/documents pertaining to your company name change:

  • The tax reference number of your company.
  • Your company’s previous name as filed with ACRA.
  • Your company’s new name that you have updated with ACRA.
  • The email notification copy sent to you by ACRA regarding your company’s name change or your Biz Profile copy extracted from ACRA.

Send the information and documents requested above via email to the IRAS at [email protected] or via fax to +65 6351 4360.

Other ways to update name and contact details with the IRAS

  • Through phone call - If you are in Singapore, call the IRAS on 1800 356 8300. If you are overseas, call the IRAS on +65 6356 8300. This helpline is available from Mondays to Fridays between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
  • Through fax - You can fax the IRAS at 6351 2707
  • Through email - You can send an email to the IRAS through myTax mail or the official IRAS email address found on their website.

Finally, you can send a mail to the IRAS to their official address at:

"Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore 55 Newton Road Revenue House Singapore 307987"

This Page is BLOCKED as it is using Iframes.