Invitation-only credit cards in Singapore
There are hundreds of credit cards in the Singapore market, and all of us own at least 1 or even more cards each. The key eligibility criterion for most cards is an income of S$30,000 to S$80,000. We choose our cards based on the rewards and benefits, and whether we fit into the parameters required. Credit cards for us are a form of short-term loan only, with the rewards and cashbacks coming as added perks and not a necessity. But there are some exclusive credit cards in Singapore, for the privileged few, which come with benefits such as personalised concierge services (no request is too small), home assistance, roadside car assistance, and fabulous travel and leisure privileges. They make a credit card as an experience and not just a product. Let’s look at top 10 credit cards in Singapore that can be obtained only if the credit card issuer sends you an invitation to join:
1. Standard Chartered Bank Priority Banking Visa Infinite Card:
- 1 air mile (2.5 points) for each S$1 spent
- 10 Points per month for every S$10,000 average balance in current or savings accounts
- 10 Points per month for every S$10,000 average balance in Fixed Deposits
- 10 Points per month for every S$10,000 outstanding balance in mortgage loans
- 25 Points per month for every S$10,000 average investment asset under management
- Travel Medical Insurance of up to S$100,000.
- Fast-track immigration at around 450 airports in the world through yQ (meet & assist) Service.
- Free Hertz Gold Membership, 10% discount on self-drive rentals, and 1 free day of rental with a single booking of six or more days or 1 class upgrade on a single booking of 3 or more days.
- Special prices and offers on the Visa Luxury Hotels Collection, including free room upgrade, VIP guest status, free Wi-Fi, free breakfast, a food and beverage voucher worth US$25, and 3pm check-out.
- Upgrade to Hilton HHonor Gold Status if you join the Hilton HHonors programme and complete 2 stays or 4 nights at one of the hotels or resorts within 3 months of joining.
- Complimentary access to more than 950 airport lounges globally, through the Visa Priority Pass membership.
- 24x7 access to Visa Infinite Concierge services.
- Exclusive privileges on travel, lifestyle and entertainment options, under The Good Life programme.
Annual fee: The annual fee of S$321 is waived for the first year, while supplementary cards have to pay a yearly fee of S$160.50.
2. Maybank Diamante Visa Infinite Card:
- Up to 5 TREAT Points or 2 air miles for every S$1 spent in foreign currencies, and up to 3 TREAT Points or 1.2 air miles for every S$1 spent on local purchases.
- Automatic enrolment into the Rewards Infinite Programme, giving you unlimited validity for your TREAT Points.
- 2-way free limousine transfers to the Changi airport and free access to JetQuay – the 5-star private terminal.
- Best rates, free breakfast, VIP Guest status and other privileges at over 900 Visa Luxury Hotel Collection properties across the globe.
- Discounts on Air Charter Service (mid-sized/larger jets), and meet and greet service including champagne on board.
- First class service with Hertz car rentals and free membership to the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards scheme.
- Complimentary Travel Accident Insurance of up to S$1 million.
- Green fees waiver at 79 golf clubs in 15 countries.
- Complimentary 2-hour VIP Tour at Universal Studios, Singapore, with a VIP Tour Guide and priority access to all shows and rides.
- Priority booking for medical appointments at Thomson Medical Group.
- Free Global Concierge service.
Annual fee: The fee for the first year is waived, but you need to pay S$600 from the second year onwards. Supplementary cards are free for life.
3. ANZ Signature Priority Banking Visa Infinite Credit Card:
- Complimentary DragonPass membership and free access twice a year to more than 800 DragonPass lounges on spending S$5,000 per month.
- A one-way limousine transfer to Changi International Airport on spending S$5,000 per month. You can avail more limo rides by redeeming your reward points.
- 24x7 Visa Infinite Concierge services to help you book flights, hotel accommodation, event tickets and more, and even make restaurant reservations.
- Complimentary travel insurance of up to S$1.5 million to cardholders and families.
Annual fee: The principal card costs S$600 annually, while supplementary cards have to pay S$300 per year. The first 2 supplementary cards are free.
4. HSBC Visa Infinite Card:
- In the first year, you get 1 air mile (or 2.5 reward points) for each S$1 spent on local purchases and 2 air miles (or 5 reward points) for each S$1-equivalent spent overseas. From the second year onwards, if your total credit card expenses in the previous year is at least S$50,000, you get 1.25 air miles (or 3.125 reward points) for each S$1 spent locally and 2.25 air miles (or 5.625 reward points) for overseas transactions.
- 10 HSBC Rewards Points for every S$1 spent at luxury boutiques such as Max Mara, Y-3, Dsquared2, TUMI and Bang & Olufsen.
- Spend S$2,000 on eligible transactions every month and get free one-way limousine transfer to Changi Airport and fast immigration clearance at airports in Asia.
- Access to over 700 VIP airport lounges in the world for both primary and supplementary cardholders.
- Infinite Travel and Lifestyle Butler services to provide you personalised assistance for travel planning.
- Green fees waiver at Sentosa Golf Club’s Tanjong or Serapong courses, as well as up to 30% discount on green fees at 30 partner clubs in South East Asia.
- Free golfing insurance anywhere in the world – including public liability while playing golf, personal accident, medical expenses and damage to golfing equipment – of up to S$500,000 if you pay your green fees using the HSBC Visa Infinite card.
- Special perks such as free access, discounts, birthday treats at half-price, free upgrade to private spa suite and 10% savings on food-and-drinks bill at Tangerine, at ESPA at Resorts World Sentosa.
- Free room upgrade, special prices and services at Raffles Hotel, Fairmont Hotels and Resorts, and at around 900-plus hotels in the world globally under the Visa Luxury Hotel Collection.
- Complimentary travel insurance of up to US$2 million for the cardholder and 1 family member travelling with them.
Annual fee: Supplementary cards are free for life, but on principal cards premier customers need to pay S$488 per year and non-premier customers have to pay S$650.
5. UOB Visa Infinite Credit Card:
- 3 miles for every S$1 spent on travel expenses.
- 2 miles for every S$1 spent locally, and on shopping and dining outside Singapore.
- 1.2 miles per S$1 spent on all other purchases.
- Exclusive access to members-only clubs such as Eight Members Clubs, Home House, The China Club, and The Tower Club.
- Special rates at ONE°15 Marina Club when booking a private yacht.
- Complimentary green fees at Sentosa Golf Club and up to 30% discount on green fees at all other participating golf clubs across Southeast Asia.
- Dining exclusives such as discounted rates, free wine, priority booking, private kitchen tours and more at popular restaurants across the world.
- Perks such as room upgrade, welcome amenities worth up to US$100 for each stay, complimentary breakfast for 2 persons, and early check-in and late check-out at luxury hotels across the globe.
- Free access to the Honors Gold Status at The Hilton Hotels.
- Dedicated UOB Relationship Manager, medical concierge, overseas travel/medical assistance, emergency home assistance, vehicle assistance, protection schemes, etc.
Annual fee: The annual fee on this card is S$1,926, which is waived for the first year. Alternatively, you can pay the annual fees and get 30,000 UNI$. Supplementary cards cost S$374.50per year and the first 2 cards are free for life.
6. DBS Insignia Visa Infinite Card:
Benefits: DBS is so secretive about this card that all they have to say are:
- The credit limit on the card is S$1 million.
- You are placed “at the centre of every experience”.
- You get “exclusive access at members-only clubs and top-notch privileges when you travel”.
Annual fee: This is also not clearly known, though the annual fee on the charge is reportedly around S$2,000.
7. Citibank Ultima Card:
- 375,000 ULTIMA$ within 1 month of card approval.
- 4 ULTIMA$ for every S$1 paid through the card for local retail purchases.
- 5 ULTIMA$ for every S$1 spent on overseas retail purchases.
- 25 ULTIMA$ for each S$1 spent on reserving hotel rooms through Kaligo.
- Under the Airfare Privilege Programme, if you’re buying a full fare First or Business class ticket from one of the participating airlines, 1 person can travel for free with you.
- Up to 15% discount on non-promotional First or Business class airfare on participating airlines.
- Meet & Assist services at airport to help you through check-in, customs or immigration with ease.
- Complimentary one-way luxury airport transfer service.
- Save 10% on standard live hourly rate with Asia Jet.
- Up to 35% discount on standard rates and 30% concession on international leisure rates with Avis Car Rentals. Also enroll for free into the Avis Preferred Membership.
- Get free Hertz Gold Membership, 10% discount on self-drive rentals, 1 free day of rental when booking a car for 6 or more days and 1 class upgrade on rentals of 3 or more days.
- Special First Class and Business Class fares with Cathay Pacific Airways.
- 1 complimentary night’s stay if 2 consecutive nights are booked at any of the 900 luxury hotels worldwide. This includes automatic room upgrade, free in-room Wi-Fi, complimentary continental breakfast and late check-out. Similar special privileges are also available at the Visa Luxury Hotels collection.
- Unlimited airport lounge access at over 600 VIP lounges through the Priority Pass membership.
- Green fees waiver and free buggy at 20 famous golf clubs in Singapore and across the Asia Pacific.
- Free styling worth S$300 at Club 21 Style Services.
- Complimentary Harrods Rewards Black tier membership.
- On luxury yacht charters, get 15% rebate on morning, afternoon and evening charter rates, 20% discount on full-day charter rates, corkage charges waiver and free access to all on-board facilities.
- Complimentary 1-year subscription to Robb Report Singapore.
- Exclusive dining deals and discounts at 5-star, Michelin-star and other luxury gastronomic experiences.
Annual fee: The annual fee for this card is around S$4,160.
8. UOB Privilege Reserve Card:
- Special indulgences during your birthday month.
- Exclusive rates for a 4-hour experience on the Privilege Reserve Yacht at just S$2,540 for up to 14 persons.
- Complimentary medical concierge services by Parkway Hospitals, Singapore.
- Free travel and reserve concierge services to help you with your travel and personal needs.
- Free safe deposit box rental for 6 months.
- 1-year complimentary subscription to Rake and Revolution – luxury lifestyle magazines.
- Access to luxury hotel, dining, beauty and health & wellness treats.
- Experience a privileged banking experience with Privilege Reserve Suites and Privilege Banking Centres and international access to UOB services.
Annual fee: The bank has not declared this information publicly.
9. American Express Platinum Card:
- Earn 20 Membership Rewards points every S$1.60, for the first S$16,000 spent at Platinum Extra Partners. For further spends, earn 10 points.
- You also earn 2 reward points on other purchases made on both primary and supplementary cards.
- Enjoy the services of the 24x7 Platinum Travel and Lifestyle Concierge, who will take care of your travel needs, including suggestions for places to go and bookings of flight tickets and hotel rooms.
- Global Assist programme helps you get travel emergency assistance, home assistance and roadside assistance, to help you out of emergency and tricky situations.
- Booking your First Class and Business Class flight tickets through the Platinum concierge also gives you special prices on international routes.
- Complimentary entry to both primary and supplementary cardholders to more than 800 airport lounges of American Express and Delta Sky Club, in over 100 countries, under the free Priority Pass Membership.
- Be eligible to join the loyalty programmes of Starwood, Carlson and Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, without needing to meet the basic stay or spending criteria.
- Under the Platinum Hotel Programme, you can get special deals and discounts at over 750 hotels and resorts across the world, under plans such as Fine Hotels & Resorts Programme, Design Hotels plan and Small Luxury Hotels of the World Programme.
- Get special entry into some of the most exclusive clubs and events in Singapore.
- Free car upgrades and discounts on rental rates at Hertz and Avis. You can also become a member of the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards scheme and the Avis Preferred Membership plan at no extra cost.
- On selected luxury cruises, enjoy on-board credits, cabin upgrade, behind-the-scenes tours and a champagne toast with the captain and crew.
- Luxury yacht packages come with a 40% concession on charter rates.
- Play golf at premium courses in Singapore and abroad, at special rates. Both primary and supplementary cardholders get a free membership to the Preferred Golf Programme and green fees waiver at courses in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines and Thailand.
- Get up to 50% discounts and special deal at around 60 restaurants in Singapore under the Love Dining and American Selects programmes.
- Platinum Travel insurance plan. This travel benefit package covers missed and delayed flights, travel accident insurance, and loss and delay of baggage.
Annual fee: This information is not disclosed by the bank, though we do know that there is a permanent fee waiver for 2 supplementary cards.
10. American Express Centurion Card:
Benefits: The American Express Centurion Card is an almost mythical credit card that is so elite that maybe 1 in 100 customers might have a chance to own it. American Express is highly secretive about it – their website doesn’t even have an entry for this card – and no information is available, except that the card gives you unrestricted credit limit.
Annual fee: The annual fee of this card is reportedly S$7,490.
Is there any way to apply for these cards, you ask? Some banks allow you to express your interest in the cards by leaving your contact details on their website. However, mostly you’ll have to just hope that your bank balance and earnings are big enough for your bank to get in touch with you and offer you one of these dream cards.