HSBC’s Personal Accident Insurance Plan is called Protect 150, which provides global coverage for a premium amount starting at just S$15 a year. This policy has three plans, which are:
- Individual Plan – This plan requires policyholders to pay a premium of S$15 a year.
- Couple Plan – This plan gives a discount of 5% on the premium amount, which is S$28.50 a year. Policyholders have to apply for this plan with their spouse.
- Family Plan – This plan gives a discount of 10% on the premium amount, which is S$40.50 a year. Policyholders have to apply for this plan with their spouse and child.
Features and Benefits:
- HSBC Protect 150 provides 24x7 worldwide coverage.
- This policy provides a lump sum of S$150,000 to the policyholder’s estate in case he/she is injured in an accident, which results in his/her death within a period of 12 months from the accident date.
- An aggregate amount of S$150,000 is provided to the policyholder, if he/she is injured in an accident, which results in permanent disability within a period of 12 months from the accident date.
- The policyholders have to pay an annual premium of S$15 to get coverage of up to S$150,000.
Coverage for Permanent Disability:
|Type of Permanent Disability||Coverage provided (Percentage of the Sum Insured)|
|Loss of 2 limbs||100%|
|Permanent Total Disablement||100%|
|Loss of sight in:
|Loss of 1limb||75%|
|Loss of sight of 1 eye and 1 limb||75%|
|Loss of hearing in:
|Loss of speech and hearing||100%|
|Loss of 4 fingers:
|Loss of speech||50%|
|Loss of 4 fingers and thumb:
|Loss of fingers:
||10% 7% 3%|
|Loss of 1 thumb:
|Loss of toes:
||15% 5% 2%|
The following are not covered under HSBC Protect 150:
- Undeclared or declared war, revolution, etc.
- Wilful exposure to danger, murder, assault, etc., or any unlawful act.
- Suicide or any attempts and self-inflicted injuries.
- Childbirth, pregnancy, miscarriage, abroad and other complications that arise from similar conditions, except where treatment is absolutely necessary because of injury.
- Existing physical disability (disabilities present from before the policy started).
- Injury caused while practicing occupation that is part of the following categories:
- Ship crew, air crew, diving, police officers, workers or board vessels, fire fighters, stevedores, etc.
- Occupation related to woodwork or heavy machines, working at heights, welding, etc.
- Engagement in military, naval or air force operations or service.
- The applicant must be maximum 65 years old.
- A child must be covered with minimum 1 parent in the same Policy.
- The applicant must have a valid Singapore ID such as employment pass, NRIC, work permit, student pass or long term visit pass.
- The applicant should live in Singapore. If they are outside Singapore, their stay abroad should not be for more than 182 days at a time.
How to Apply?
People can apply for HSBC Protect 150 online on the website of the bank. They can also visit the bank or call its customer care service, if they want more details about the same.