Citi, one of the major banks in Singapore offers various kinds of financial services to its customers. It has in fact, a designated unit for encouraging small scale industries and entrepreneurship. It is called CitiBusiness. CitiBusiness offers several services under its umbrella to support new and small industries. The various offerings include trade, loans, cash management, treasury, etc.
For those who want to own a new business or expand their existing business, CitiBusiness offers loans for real estate as well.
Features and Benefits
- You can expand your business by taking a loan for a new office space, retail space or commercial property.
- It also offers refinancing or cashout options which will bring down the interest rates or reduce the tenor.
- It offers a loan up to 80% of the market value or the purchase price of the property. You will get the approval for the lower amount out of the two.
- There is a subsidy on the valuation and legal services, which will bring down the cost of financing.
- You could also get an extra working capital of up to S$350,000.
Types of properties eligible for Commercial Real Estate Loan are:
- Retail shops
- Medical office
- Light industrial factories
- Citi offers an option of a fixed rate or of a market-pegged rate.
- It offers a tenor of up to 30 years and this tenor is flexible in nature.
- The deduction is made monthly, but the repayment is dependent on the money your business is making.
- Your business should be registered in Singapore.
- At least 30% of the shares of your company should be held by Singaporeans/Singapore PRs.
- You can apply for this loan only after 3 years of operation.
- The annual turnover should be a minimum of S$750,000 in sales.
- Application form for CitiBusiness Facilities.
- Identity proof of all the proprietors, partners and guarantors is required. You could submit a photocopy of identity cards or passports.
- A bank statement of the previous 6 months of the company's account is also required.
- A financial statement of the company of the previous 2 years.
- Notices of assessment (NOA) of all the proprietors, partners and guarantors is required.
- In case of a new property, you need to submit a copy of Option to Purchase and for refinancing, a loan repayment statement would be required.
CitiBusiness offers a chance to develop your business in terms of real estate and provides financial support to do so. You could easily apply for the Commercial Real Estate Loan to fulfil your business goals by contacting the bank.