FWD Home Insurance

FWD Home Insurance has customizable options for homeowners and tenants. If you have rented out your property, then it will be protected under the FWD Rent Protector. If you are a tenant, your household items will be protected, and also any damages to the owner’s house will be covered. The insurance coverage is available for the Housing and Development Board (HDB) flats, landed private properties, and condominiums, for a premium as low as S$31.


  • If you own a house that you have rented out and the tenants are not able to pay you due to an insured incident, then you will get an insurance payout in place of your rent.
  • If you are a tenant and there has been an incident that has damaged or destroyed your landlord’s home, you will be covered under the insurance.
  • You will not be charged extra for accidental claims such as a fire or burst pipes.
  • If your house has come under damage due to an unfortunate incident, then the expenditure that arises from the loss of using your house will be covered.
  • If you require assistance in electrical, air-conditioning, locksmithing, and plumbing services, the FWD Home Insurance provides you with the same for S$100 per assistance service per policy year.
  • You will have a 6-month guarantee on the renovations and repairs done due to an insured event.

Basic Coverage

Coverage Maximum coverage for 12 months
Building For private property: Up to S$1 million
For HDB Flats:
Studio apartment – S$45,000
2-room flat – S$30,000
3-room flat – S$50,000
4-room flat – S$80,000
5-room flat – S$85,000
Multi-generation/Executive flat – S$120,000
Home contents S$20,000 to S$100,000
(Note: No limit for domestic appliances, audio-visual equipment, and furniture. Coverage on other items will be capped at S$1,000.)
Renovations (applicable to the homeowner only) S$20,000 to S$100,000
Temporary storage or accommodation (up to S$300 a day) Up to S$15,000 if the sum insured for home contents is S$40,000 or less
Up to S$35,000 if the sum insured for home contents is over S$40,000
Incidental expenses Up to S$5,000 if the sum insured for home contents is less than S$40,000
Up to S$10,000 if the sum insured for home contents is over S$40,000
Worldwide personal liability Up to S$500,000
Damage or theft of contents that have been temporarily removed Up to S$500 for one item for a maximum of S$5,000
Home assistance S$100 for 4 times
Accidental damage of fixed glasses or mirrors Up to S$1,000
Legal costs (applicable to the homeowner only) Up to S$3,000
Rent protector (applicable to the homeowner only) Up to S$3,000 a month for 3 months maximum

Optional Coverage

Coverage Maximum coverage for 12 months
Pet cat and dog cover
If your pet(s) is stolen S$1,000 (regardless of the number of pets)
If your pet(s) dies S$1,000 (regardless of the number of pets)
Accommodation cost for your pet Up to S$50 a day for a maximum of S$5,000 ( regardless of the number of pets)
Medical cover in case your pet is injured Up to S$1,000 (regardless of the number of pets)
Personal accident for the members living in the house
Accidental disability or death S$20,000 per household member A maximum of S$100,000 per house
Medical cover in case any of the household member is injured Up to S$5,000
Modifications in the house in case of an accident Up to S$5,000

What Are Excluded From the Policy?

  • If your house is not occupied for more than 60 days and an incident occurs.
  • Any damage or loss during construction of your house.
  • Claims that are already paid by other insurers.
  • Any indirect or consequential loss and any incident whose reason cannot be explained.
  • Damage by gradual deterioration, insects, vermin, during repairing or cleaning, or general wear and tear.
  • If you or the members living in the house have not taken the necessary precautions to avoid accidents.

To Make Claims

You should inform the insurance company within 2 days after insured incidents such as theft, fire, vandalism, and malicious damage, have occurred. For other incidents, you must inform within 30 days. You can make claims by the following 2 ways:

  • You can sign in to FWD Online Services and make a claim through your profile.
  • You can also call them at ‘+65-6820-8888’ to make the claim.

Find below the documents that you will have to produce while making a claim:

  • Medical reports and related documents.
  • Digital coloured photos of the damaged items.
  • Original invoices and receipts.
  • Proof of ownership.
  • Police reports (within Singapore and overseas).
  • Trip invoices (transportation and accommodation); copies of visa and passport.
  • English translations (whenever necessary).

Applying For a Policy?

You can go to the official website of FWD Home Insurance and click on ‘get a quote’. You can choose all the coverages that you will need and find out how much premium you will have to pay.

You will also have an option to select a policy for 2 years. You can purchase a policy by paying online, using your credit/debit card (Mastercard and Visa), or by eNets.

Cancelling Your Policy

During the free-look period: If you want to cancel the policy within the first 14 days of purchasing it, you will receive the entire premium amount, unless you have made a claim.


Q. What are the insured incidents/events?

A. Insured Incidents include:

  • Fire, explosion, smoke, and lightning.
  • A third party object hitting.
  • Theft or loss by forcible entry.
  • Bursting or overflowing of pipes and tanks.
  • Natural disaster.
  • Riot, malicious attack, or strike.

Q. What do I do if I have moved to another house?

A. You must call the insurance company as soon as possible at ‘+65 6820 8888’ and inform them about the move as it can affect your cover amount and premium.

Q. I am a foreigner. Can I buy home insurance?

A. Yes. You can buy the FWD Home Insurance if you are living in Singapore and hold NRIC, S-Pass, or FIN, and are between 20 years and 80 years old.

Q. How can I receive my refund if I no longer use the debit/credit card that I used to buy the insurance policy?

A. You will be issued a cheque for your refund.

Q. Are there chances of my claims being rejected?

A. Your claims can be rejected under the following circumstances:

  • If you have participated in criminal acts.
  • Deliberate acts against the law.
  • Exaggerated claims.
  • Events apart from insured incidents.
  • Making false declarations.

This Page is BLOCKED as it is using Iframes.