Tokio Marine Health Insurance
Tokio Marine offers a comprehensive insurance plan that will provide you with financial backup in case of unforeseen medical emergencies. With TMCare, you can pick a plan that is most suitable for your family, needs and budget. You can choose from 5 different plans that will give you financial cover in case of hospitalisation anywhere in the world.
By opting to go for TMCare, you are entitled to the following benefits:
- Cover for hospital room and board charges including ICU charges.
- You can get covered for miscellaneous expenses incurred such as lab tests, ambulance fees, doctor’s fees, etc.
- In case a child below 12 is hospitalised, this policy covers the expense required for an adult to accompany the person.
- Reimbursement for surgical procedures.
- Provides a cover of up to 90 days for post-hospitalisation treatment.
- Provides emergency dental cover for cases arising out of accidents.
- Cover for out-patient treatment of physical injuries caused due to an accident. This is applicable only for treatment received within 24 hours.
- Cover for expenses incurred for emergency evacuation or transport to a medical facility while overseas.
- A cover will be provided for the treatment of accidental miscarriage.
- Expenses for the transplant of organs like heart, kidney, bone marrow, and lung will be covered by this policy.
- Out-patient kidney dialysis expenses will be covered by this policy.
- If the insured is hospitalised due to a case covered by this policy, a daily allowance will be paid every 24 hours, up to a time period of 30 days.
- Cost for treatment by a registered home nurse after the person is discharged.
What is Not Covered by TMCare
There are a few things that are not covered by this insurance plan:
- Any pre-existing medical condition before the policy commencement date will not be covered.
- Treatment for physical conditions existing since birth will not be covered.
- Hospitalisation for routine check-ups or diagnosis will not be covered.
- Treatments for pregnancy-related complications will not be covered by this policy.
- Cases arising out of acts of war or terrorism will not be compensated.
Here’s How You Can Buy TMCare
You can buy this health insurance in a few different ways:
- You can use the online general enquiry form to get in touch with the company.
- You can call the company on +65 6221 6111 or send a fax to +65 6221 4355.
- You can download the online form, complete it and send it back to the company.
How to Make a Claim
Following are the steps to make a claim.
- You need to download the form from the claims centre on the website.
- Submit the completed claims form with relevant documents attached, directly to Tokio Marine or through your insurance broker.
- Once the form has been received, your claim will be processed on a priority basis.
Documents Required to Make a Claim
You might need the following documents to file a successful claim:
- Original medical report from the concerned hospital or doctor.
- Original detailed invoices of the treatment received.
- In case of injury due to accident or other such situations, a copy of the police report will be required.
How Can I Terminate This Plan?
If you are not satisfied with the cover provided by this plan, you can choose to terminate it at any given time. The important thing to note here is that there will be no refund of premium payment. You can discontinue the policy by writing to Tokio Marine.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the different ways in which I can choose to pay the premium?
A. There are a number of different ways that you can choose to pay your premium:
- If you are DBS/POSB user, you can make payments using internet banking
- Pay online on the Tokio Marine website
- You can opt for a bank transfer
- Payable by cheque
- You can pay using cash at the customer service centre
Q. How do I apply for a change of personal particulars?
A. You can apply for a change in personal information by filling up the request for change form and attach it with the required documents. After completing the form, you can just mail it back to the company.
Q. What are the different premium payment plans available?
A. You can choose from the following payment frequency plans
Q. What if I lose my policy document?
A. In case you misplace your policy document, you need to follow the given steps to get a duplicate policy
- Provide a completed Indemnity Form for loss/ Non-Receipt of the policy document
- Attach it with a self-attested copy of your passport, and mail it back to the company
An administrative fee of S$15 is chargeable for issuing a duplicate policy document
Q What does my premium payment depend on?
A. Your premium payment will be decided after taking the following factors into consideration
- Plan you choose to go with