HSBC offers a choice between 2 HSBC Critical Illness Plans, namely:
- Early Critical Care AND
- SmartCare Optimum
Early Critical Care:
It is of utmost important to detect Critical Illness during the early stages because it gives you the best chance for a recovery. Advancement in medicine and technology have made possible the early detection of Critical Illnesses. However, if you are diagnosed with a Critical Illness, you must be in a position to only focus on your recovery without burdening yourself with the treatment and medical costs, loss of income etc. that you will incur.
Early Critical Care by HSBC is a Critical Illness Plan that provides you with financial coverage against unexpected health concerns that may befall on you.
Features and Benefits:
- This plan provides a comprehensive coverage against 102 different illnesses.
- This plan provides extremely affordable premiums starting from SGD 160 a month that can provide you with coverage of up to SGD 180,000.
- Whether you are diagnosed with early, intermediate or critical stages of an illness, you can receive up to 100% of the sum assured under the Early Critical Care plan.
- This policy provides coverage even for illnesses that are not commonly insured in Singapore such as Diabetic Retinopathy, Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever, Severe Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoporosis.
Applying for HSBC’s Early Critical Care:
You can apply for Early Critical Care by HSBC through the following ways:
- Visit your nearest HSBC bank branch and speak with a representative for application assistance.
- You can call the bank on their HSBC NOW phone number provided on the Early Critical Care web page of the official HSBC bank website. You can then request a Personal Wealth Manager or a Relationship Manager for application assistance for this plan.
- For any queries regarding policy servicing, please contact HSBC Insurance Customer Care Hotline number available on the Early Critical Care web page of the official HSBC bank website.
Using SmartCare Optimum, you will receive full reimbursement on all eligible expenses such as ICU Charges, Surgeon’s fee, Hospital Room and Board and Hospital Miscellaneous expenses up to the annual limit of the policy.
- Real Protection:
- Charged benefits
- No Copayment and Deductible
- Taking into consideration the advancement in medical technology, additional benefits include:
- Outpatient Cancer Treatment
- Outpatient Kidney Dialysis
- Surgical Implants
- Major Organ Transplant
- AXA Outpatient Rider Cover:
- This plan provides comprehensive cover that goes beyond hospitalization to include minor accidental injuries, food poisoning and stomach virus
- Value added benefits – Seek assistance round the clock with HSBC’s 24 hour Customer Service Assistance Hotline Number. With SmartCard Optimum, you are entitled for an extensive range of services such as:
- Telephone medical advice
- Assistance with making arrangements for medical evacuation and repatriation
- Assistance with collating claim documents
- Overseas Protection – For overseas travel not exceeding 90 days, you can seek SmartCare Optimum assistance for the following:
- Referrals and Arrangements for your hospital admission
- Updating your family on your progress in the hospital
- Greater Coverage – Additional comprehensive benefits include:
- Unlimited days for hospital stay
- Cash Allowance when hospitalized
- Dread Disease Recuperation
- Coverage for up to 80 years of age
- Flexible insurance plans:
- A choice between 3 comprehensive insurance plans
- No restrictions on the choice of hospital enabling you to pick any public or private hospital to receive your treatment
Benefits at a Glance:
|Type of Plans for SmartCare Optimum||ELITE||DELUXE||CLASSIC|
|Annual Policy Limit – this is applicable to ALL Benefits||SGD 1,000,000||SGD 500,000||SGD 250,000|
|Hospital & Surgical Benefits|
|Bed Type (Standard)||Single||Single||Single|
|Room and Board (including meals and general nursing care)||As charged||As charged||As charged|
|Intensive Care Unit|
|Hospital Miscellaneous Expenses - Including Operating Theatre Fees & Ancillary Charges, Inpatient Diagnostic Procedures, Prescription drugs|
|Surgeon's Fee (including Inpatient Surgery and Day Surgery)|
|In-Hospital Physician's Visit|
|Pre-Hospitalization/ Surgery Specialist Consultation (up to 90 days)|
|Pre-Hospitalization/ Surgery Diagnostic Services (up to 90 days)|
|Post-Hospitalization/ Surgery Treatment (Up to 90 days)|
|Outpatient Treatment (only due to accident)|
|Outpatient Benefits Per Year|
|Outpatient Cancer Treatment||SGD 150,000||SGD 100,000||SGD 75,000|
|Outpatient Kidney Dialysis||SGD 150,000||SGD 100,000||SGD 75,000|
|Outpatient Dental Treatment||SGD 10,000||SGD 8,000||SGD 5,000|
|Extended Benefits Per Occurrence|
|Major Organ Transplant||As charged||As charged||As charged|
|Miscarriage (only due to accident)||SGD 5,000||SGD 4,000||SGD 3,000|
|Ectopic Pregnancy||SGD 5,000||SGD 4,000||SGD 3,000|
|Surgical Implants||SGD 10,000||SGD 8,000||SGD 5,000|
|Medical Report Fees||As charged||As charged||As charged|
|Daily Recovery Benefit - Post 7 days of hospitalization (up to a maximum of 30 days)||SGD 250||SGD 200||SGD 150|
|Dread Disease Recuperation Benefit -Heart Attack, Multiple Sclerosis, Cancer and Stroke||SGD 20,000||SGD 15,000||SGD 10,000|
|Special Grant||SGD 10,000||SGD 8,000||SGD 5,000|
|Parent Accommodation - Up to 60 days per year for children below 12 years of age||As charged||As charged||As charged|
|Home Nursing for up to 26 weeks||As charged||As charged||As charged|
|Emergency Medical Evacuation / Repatriation¹||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Local Burial or Repatriation of Mortal Remains¹||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
Note: ¹ the aforementioned benefits are not subject to annual policy limits.
The following are NOT covered in the policy:
- Any treatment within the initial 30 days of the cover, excluding accidental injuries
- Pre-existing conditions, i.e. any illness/injury that existed before the effective date of cover
- Any injury that has resulted from an act/s of terrorism through using of biological/chemical substances
- Other standard exclusions such as suicide, congenital conditions, routine physical examinations, pregnancies etc.
Annual Premium Charges:
Find below the charges for Elite, Deluxe and Classic annual premiums:
|1 year||SGD 750||SGD 675||SGD 555|
|2 years||SGD 768||SGD 678||SGD 559|
|3 years||SGD 773||SGD 680||SGD 562|
|4 years||SGD 779||SGD 683||SGD 566|
|5 years||SGD 784||SGD 687||SGD 570|
|6 years||SGD 790||SGD 688||SGD 572|
|7 years||SGD 795||SGD 691||SGD 575|
|8 years||SGD 800||SGD 694||SGD 579|
|9 years||SGD 805||SGD 697||SGD 582|
|10 years||SGD 812||SGD 700||SGD 585|
|11 years||SGD 817||SGD 705||SGD 587|
|12 years||SGD 822||SGD 708||SGD 589|
|13 years||SGD 827||SGD 711||SGD 592|
|14 years||SGD 838||SGD 715||SGD 597|
|15 years||SGD 849||SGD 719||SGD 602|
|16 years||SGD 860||SGD 725||SGD 606|
|17 years||SGD 870||SGD 730||SGD 611|
|18 years||SGD 887||SGD 735||SGD 622|
|19 years||SGD 898||SGD 741||SGD 633|
|20 years||SGD 908||SGD 747||SGD 644|
|21 years||SGD 920||SGD 752||SGD 654|
|22 years||SGD 930||SGD 757||SGD 664|
|23 years||SGD 946||SGD 762||SGD 672|
|24 years||SGD 958||SGD 768||SGD 679|
|25 years||SGD 960||SGD 777||SGD 687|
|26 years||SGD 968||SGD 785||SGD 694|
|27 years||SGD 970||SGD 794||SGD 700|
|28 years||SGD 982||SGD 805||SGD 708|
|29 years||SGD 997||SGD 822||SGD 714|
|30 years||SGD 1,019||SGD 849||SGD 735|
|31 years||SGD 1,024||SGD 865||SGD 752|
|32 years||SGD 1,046||SGD 887||SGD 768|
|33 years||SGD 1,072||SGD 908||SGD 784|
|34 years||SGD 1,098||SGD 930||SGD 800|
|35 years||SGD 1,118||SGD 951||SGD 817|
|36 years||SGD 1,144||SGD 968||SGD 833|
|37 years||SGD 1,171||SGD 984||SGD 849|
|38 years||SGD 1,210||SGD 1,006||SGD 870|
|39 years||SGD 1,250||SGD 1,044||SGD 908|
|40 years||SGD 1,270||SGD 1,087||SGD 944|
|41 years||SGD 1,300||SGD 1,119||SGD 972|
|42 years||SGD 1,350||SGD 1,158||SGD 999|
|43 years||SGD 1,380||SGD 1,212||SGD 1,036|
|44 years||SGD 1,400||SGD 1,256||SGD 1,064|
|45 years||SGD 1,458||SGD 1,300||SGD 1,097|
|46 years||SGD 1,528||SGD 1,345||SGD 1,141|
|47 years||SGD 1,600||SGD 1,402||SGD 1,196|
|48 years||SGD 1,676||SGD 1,457||SGD 1,240|
|49 years||SGD 1,753||SGD 1,513||SGD 1,285|
|50 years||SGD 1,848||SGD 1,600||SGD 1,370|
|51 years||SGD 1,942||SGD 1,673||SGD 1,420|
|52 years||SGD 2,038||SGD 1,729||SGD 1,488|
|53 years||SGD 2,132||SGD 1,773||SGD 1,561|
|54 years||SGD 2,238||SGD 1,847||SGD 1,671|
|55 years||SGD 2,364||SGD 1,926||SGD 1,728|
|56 years||SGD 2,482||SGD 2,016||SGD 1,813|
|57 years||SGD 2,613||SGD 2,127||SGD 1,944|
|58 years||SGD 2,718||SGD 2,247||SGD 2,047|
|59 years||SGD 2,875||SGD 2,401||SGD 2,172|
|60 years||SGD 3,016||SGD 2,630||SGD 2,356|
|61 years||SGD 3,224||SGD 2,789||SGD 2,507|
|62 years||SGD 3,381||SGD 3,017||SGD 2,655|
|63 years||SGD 3,519||SGD 3,301||SGD 2,806|
|64 years||SGD 3,675||SGD 3,512||SGD 2,916|
|65 years||SGD 3,830||SGD 3,739||SGD 3,039|
|66 years||SGD 3,985||SGD 3,958||SGD 3,157|
|67 years||SGD 4,120||SGD 4,128||SGD 3,271|
|68 years||SGD 4,300||SGD 4,289||SGD 3,399|
|69 years||SGD 4,481||SGD 4,469||SGD 3,540|
|70 years||SGD 4,687||SGD 4,660||SGD 3,704|
|71 years||SGD 4,996||SGD 4,940||SGD 3,948|
|72 years||SGD 5,305||SGD 5,277||SGD 4,192|
|73 years||SGD 5,820||SGD 5,726||SGD 4,599|
|74 years||SGD 6,438||SGD 6,343||SGD 5,087|
|75 years||SGD 7,210||SGD 6,875||SGD 5,452|
|76 years||SGD 7,622||SGD 7,234||SGD 5,793|
|77 years||SGD 7,880||SGD 7,465||SGD 6,001|
|78 years||SGD 8,034||SGD 7,619||SGD 6,111|
|79 years||SGD 8,137||SGD 7,722||SGD 6,185|
|80 years||SGD 8,137||SGD 7,722||SGD 6,185|
Note the following:
- Ages between 66 and 80 years are only eligible for policy renewal.
- All ages in the table refer to Age next birthday.
- The rates are subject to change as per the discretion of the bank and AXA Insurance Singapore Pte Limited without prior notice.
- The policy is renewable up to the age of 80 (Age next birthday) for adult applicants between 18 and 65 years of age. This is subject to yearly review.
- The policy is renewable up to the age of 25 (Age next birthday) for children who are between 15 days old and 18 years old (Age next birthday).
- Singapore Citizens (SCs), Singapore Permanent Residents (PRs), Employment Pass Holders, Work Permit Holders, Student Pass Holders and Dependent Pass Holders are eligible to apply for HSBC’s Early Critical Care plan.
- Early Critical Care applications for children must include at least 1 parent.
Applying for HSBC’s SmartCare Optimum:
- The application form for SmartCare Optimum plan is available on the SmartCare Optimum web page of the official HSBC bank website. Take a print out of the form, fill in all the details and submit it to the bank.
- Alternatively, you can also send an email/call the bank for any further queries regarding the insurance plan or the application process. The contact details for the same are provided on the SmartCare Optimum web page of the official HSBC bank website.