United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) was established in in 1935, and has banking subsidiaries in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and China. UOB’s major banking subsidiary in Singapore is Far Eastern Bank. The UOB Group has a network of approximately 500 offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, North America and Western Europe.
Why choose UOB Fixed Deposit?
A wide choice of tenors ranging from 1 to 12, 18, 24 and 36 months, competitive interest rates and attractive tax benefits make UOB time deposits as good option for investment.
UOB Fixed Deposit Schemes
Singapore Dollars Fixed Deposit
With Singapore Dollar Fixed Deposit account customers can avail higher returns on surplus Singapore Dollar funds. Benefit from the option include the offer of withdrawing interest annually for placement as fixed deposits with longer tenors. Customers can also enjoy the option of a quick and easy renewal process where the fixed deposit is automatically renewed for the same period upon maturity at the interest rate prevailing at the time of renewal.
|Check For UOB Fixed Deposit Promotions|
Features & Benefits of UOB Singapore Dollar Fixed Deposit
- Tenure ranging from 1 to 12, 18, 24 and 36 months.
- Interest paid annually for 24 and 36-month tenures.
- Automatic renewal of time deposit
- Minimum placement of only S$5,000.
- Avail a UOB Credit Card and enjoy its privileges when you pledge the fixed deposit.
- Ensured flexibility enabled with an automatic overdraft facility.
Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit
With Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit account customers can avail higher returns on their surplus Foreign Currency funds when they open a Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit account with UOB Business Banking. Compared to Singapore Dollar Fixed Deposits earn the benefit of receiving higher returns in terms of higher interest rates or tax-exempt capital gains from favourable exchange rates movements. Effective earnings on fixed deposits are affected by foreign exchange fluctuations.
Under this fixed deposit scheme, customers can manage multi-currency cash flows that comes from global trading ties by hedging exchange risk exposures arising from foreign currency payments. Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit also has flexible investment periods and low minimum deposit requirement and also provides the option of a uncomplicated renewal process where the fixed deposit is automatically renewed for the same period upon maturity at the interest rate prevailing at the time of renewal.
Grand Senior Citizens Fixed Deposit
Grand Senior Citizens Fixed Deposit offers senior citizens extra 0.125% p.a. for a 6, 9, 12, 18, 24 or 36-month fixed deposit. It offers a standby overdraft credit line of S$50,000 against a guarantee of S$50,000 fixed deposit. There is also an additional benefit of 50% discount on commission charges for telegraphic transfers, demand drafts and cashier's orders which is subject to a minimum charge of S$5.
Supplementary Retirement Scheme Fixed Deposit
Supplementary Retirement Scheme Fixed Deposit offers the benefit of saving for your retirement the tax-efficient way with tax-free interest on your deposit. There is the option of automatically renewing fixed deposit upon maturity.
Minimum placement amount is just S$5,000 for Singapore Dollar Fixed Deposit or 5,000 units in the deposit currency for Foreign Currency Fixed Deposits. There is a wide choice of tenures ranging from 1 to 12, 18, 24 and 36 months at attractive interest rates.
UOB Fixed Deposit Interest Rates
Singapore Dollar Fixed Deposit Interest Rates
|Deposit Range||1 Months||2 Months||3 Months||4Months||5Months||6Months||7Months||8Months|
|S$50,000 to S$249,999||0.05||0.05||0.10||0.10||0.10||0.15||0.15||0.15|
|S$250,000 to S$499,999||0.05||0.05||0.10||0.10||0.10||0.15||0.15||0.15|
|S$500,000 to S$999,999||0.05||0.05||0.10||0.10||0.10||0.15||0.15||0.15|
|Deposit Range||9Months||10Months||11 Months||12 Months||18Months||24Months||36 Months|
|S$50,000 to S$249,999||0.2||0.2||0.2||0.25||0.5||0.55||0.65|
|S$250,000 to S$499,999||0.2||0.2||0.2||0.25||0.5||0.55||0.65|
|S$500,000 to S$999,999||0.2||0.2||0.2||0.25||0.5||0.55||0.65|
|Click here for the foreign currency fixed deposit rates offered by United Overseas Bank in Singapore.|
UOB Fixed Deposit Insurance Scheme
Singapore dollar deposits of non-bank depositors and deposits denominated in Singapore dollars under the Supplementary Retirement Scheme are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation, for up to S$50,000 per depositor per Scheme. Foreign currency deposits, dual currency investments, structured deposits and other investment products are not insured.
Minimum Initial Deposit
Singapore Dollar Fixed Deposit:
- Minimum placement of S$5,000 for tenors of 1 month and above
- Minimum placement of S$250,000 for a tenor of 7 days and 14 days
- Minimum placement of S$1,000,000 for a tenor of less than 7 days
Grand Senior Citizens Fixed Deposit: Deposit placement amount between S$10,000 and S$49,999 only
Supplementary Retirement Scheme Fixed Deposit: Low minimum placement amount of S$5,000 for Singapore Dollar Fixed Deposit or 5,000 units in the deposit currency for Foreign Currency Fixed Deposits
Fees & Charges
- You do not have to pay any fees to maintain the account
- For non-resident individuals, interest earned is also exempt from tax and estate duty
UOB Fixed Deposit - Eligibility
Singapore Dollar Fixed Deposit and Foreign Currency fixed Deposit
- The account holder must be at least 15 years old
- An introducer is required if a non-resident individual wishes to open an account
Grand Senior Citizens Fixed Deposit
- The customer must be at least 55 years old
Supplementary Retirement Scheme Fixed Deposit
- The account holder must be at least 21 years old
- He/She must be a Singaporean, Permanent Resident or Non-Singaporean resident.
- Must have an SRS Account with any approved SRS Operator like UOB
Other Products offered by UOB Singapore
- Personal Banking: Apart from Fixed Deposits UOB offering below personal banking products.
- Business Banking: Treasury and Investment, Deposit and Cash Management, Trade Finance, Loans, Insurance, Cards and merchant payments.
- Corporate & Institutional Banking: Commercial Banking, Corporate Banking, Structured Trade and Commodity Finance, Investment Banking.
- Wealth Banking and Privilege Banking services, etc.
UOB Debit Cards
Insurance and Investment etc.
UOB Fixed Deposit FAQs
- Is my Singapore Dollar Fixed Deposit covered under an insurance scheme?
- Can premature withdrawals be made?
- Do Senior Citizens get additional benefits for holding a fixed deposit in UOB?
- Is automatic renewal facility available for UOB time deposits?
- What is the maximum amount of deposit that can be made under the Grand Senior Citizens Fixed Deposit scheme?
Yes. Singapore dollar deposits of non-bank depositors as well as deposits made in the Supplementary Retirement Scheme time deposit, are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation, for up to S$50,000.
Premature withdrawals can be made with the approval of the Bank. However, there may be a penalty on the interest accrued and/or reduction in original principal amount.
Yes. Under the Grand Senior Citizens Fixed Deposit scheme, account holders above 55 years of age is entitled to an additional interest of 0.125% per annum for a tenure of 6, 9, 12, 18, 24 or 36-months. There is also an additional benefit of 50% discount on commission charges for telegraphic transfers, demand drafts and cashier's orders which is subject to a minimum charge of S$5.
Yes. Fixed deposits are automatically renewed for the same period upon maturity at the interest rate prevailing at the time of renewal, unless requested otherwise by the customer.
S$49,999 is the maximum amount that can be deposited in Grand Senior Citizens Fixed Deposit account.
News About UOB Fixed Deposit
DBS and UOB fight it out in the mortgage loan space
Much to the advantage of home buyers in Singapore, two of the top banks offering home loans at competitive interest rates to Singaporeans, DBS and UOB, are combating to provide better interest rates to customers.
Both DBS and UOB are vying to offer lower interest rates, with an intention to capitalise on the two new property launches taking place this year. The stake here is 1,225 homes from the two launches that are due to take place.
DBs and OCBC, in order to take competition to a new high, are offering a near-0% rate on their Fixed Deposit – Home Loan Rate packages. The current rates offered by DBS and UOB are 0.6% and 0.65% respectively.
The 0% spread is applicable until the time the property receives its temporary occupation permit, which usually takes about three to four years. Also, DBS’s provision of 0.6% is aligned with its 18-month FHR package while UOB’s 0.65% is aligned with its 36-month FHR package.
After the property receives its temporary occupation limit, the DBS loan spread is 1% and in the case of UOB, it is 0.9% for the first year, and 0.95% from the second year onwards.
16th August 2017
UOB Fixed Deposit Promotion
Runtime-The UOB Lunar New Year Savings Promotion is available from 3rd January to 28th February, 2017. The High Yield Account Promotion and the Singapore Dollar Fixed Deposit Promotion are available from 3rd to 31st January, 2017.
• UOB account holders can get up to 1% p.a. and a 24K gold-plated RISIS Rooster Figurine with Swarovski crystal, worth S$258. Bonus Rates are applicable to Incremental Fresh Funds balance of maximum S$1,000,000.
• Get good interest rates on a minimum deposit of 50,000 in foreign currencies (S$, A$, and £) with the UOB Global Currency Premium Account.
• New and existing account holders can get up to 1% p.a. with their UOB High Yield Account.
• Get an interest rate of 0.9% p.a. on a 13-month Singapore Dollar Fixed Deposit, with a minimum deposit of S$20,000 in Fresh Funds.
Terms and Conditions:
• This promotion is applicable to customers with an UOB account with an initial deposit in Fresh Funds of minimum $50,000.
• To qualify for this promotion, account holders should submit the participation form on the same day as the first Fresh Funds deposit.
UOB Singapore Dollar Fixed Deposit Promotion
Runtime: This promotion is valid between July 8 and July 30, 2016.
• Promotional Interest Rate of 1.40% p.a. applicable on Singapore Dollar Fixed Deposit for a tenor of 13 months.
• Deposit fresh funds of minimum S$20,000 to be eligible for this promotion.
Terms and Conditions:
• This promotion is only applicable to individual customers.
• The Singapore Dollar Fixed Deposit should be held until maturity to enjoy the promotional interest rate offered.
• For further details on this promotion or for more information on the terms and conditions, please feel free to contact the bank.
42% rise in the Cash Management Revenue of UOB
Even in the present volatile and unstable economy, UOB has seen a significant increase in their cash management revenue with an increase of 42% this year. This increase has been recorded in the first 6 months of this year in comparison to the same period one year ago. This is primarily because of the increasing interest of a large number of clients wanting to invest in Asia, particularly South East Asia and Greater China Region as stated by the group head of the transaction banking of UOB, So Lay Hua.
Due to the increasing expansion of these clients across the region, necessary cash management structures are being put in place so that they can sear through businesses and market cycles. In the last year, the revenue that UOB incurred from their global transaction banking alone contributed to one third of UOB’s wholesale banking revenue.
07th October 2015