About RHB in Singapore
Headquartered in Malaysia, RHB was established in Singapore in 1961 initially named as UMBC. Over the past five decades, RHB has been through various mergers and constant expansions evolving into a premier financial institution, RHB Bank Berhad Singapore. RHB’s businesses in Singapore fall into five different categories - Corporate Banking, Business Banking, Consumer Banking, Investment Banking and Treasury. RHB is widely spread across the island nation of Singapore with a network of seven branches and 13 Bureaus de Change at the Changi International Airport.
Why choose RHB Bank Fixed deposits?
Being a fully licensed bank, RHB services both individuals as well as corporations with a wide range of products comprising of savings, loans, fixed deposits and credit facilities with RHB Bank fixed deposits being the most sought out investment option. RHB is committed to customer satisfaction down to the small details. You are assured of quality service that is quick and personal.
Types of RHB Bank Fixed deposits
RHB offers two types of fixed deposits to cater to both Singapore citizens and foreigners. Enjoy a host of benefits that makes saving money better and better.
Singapore Dollar Fixed Deposits
RHB provides a time deposit product to maximise your savings at attractive rates of interest. Enjoy minimal risk while you watch your savings grow.
- Depositors can enjoy 2X returns from their Singapore Dollar fixed deposit accounts with interest rates higher than conventional savings accounts.
- RHB bank customers have the option of choosing flexible deposit tenures of 1 month to 36 months depending on their requirements.
- The bank automatically renews a Singapore Dollar fixed deposit at the time of maturity of the deposit account.
- Customers can also avail the overdraft facility for their fixed deposit accounts available at affordable interest rates.
- The minimum age requirement is 15 years.
- Singapore citizens, permanent residents and foreign individuals can apply.
Minimum Initial Deposit
|1 month and above||S$ 5,000|
|3 months and above||S$1,000|
Singapore Dollar Fixed Deposit rates (per annum)
up to $49,999
|Term Tenure||Interest Rates|
Foreign Currency Fixed Deposits
With a multitude of currencies to choose from along with attractive interest rates, RHB’s foreign currency fixed deposit is a one-of-a-kind investment product for the safe banker.
- RHB foreign currency fixed deposits offer customers the option of placing deposits in nine different currencies other than SGD.
- Flexible choice of 9 currencies.
- Flexible tenure of 1 week to 24 months.
- At the time of maturity of the fixed deposit account, the bank automatically renews the account along with the earned interest rate.
- Foreign currency fixed deposits are convenient investment products with low placement amounts equivalent to S$5,000.
The minimum placement is S$5,000 for tenures of 1 week and above.
Individuals who are 21 years and above can apply.
|Check interest rates for RHB foreign currency fixed deposits.|
RHB Fixed Deposit - Documents Required
Singapore citizen or Permanent residents
- Original NRIC or passport.
- Work permit or employment pass.
- IC or passport.
- Proof of residence, latest original copy of any bank statement or utility bills.
- Bank may request for more documentation at its discretion.
RHB Fixed Deposit Fees and charges
No fees charged to maintain the account.
RHB Fixed Deposit Insurance Scheme
Singapore dollar fixed deposits of non-bank depositors are insured up to S$50,000 by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation. foreign currency deposits, dual currency investments, structured deposits and other investment products are not insured.
Other Products offered by RHB Singapore
RHB offers personal and business products tailored to meet the needs of different people. You can avail of suite of products that cater to saving, loans and wealth management.
- RHB offers a variety of personal and business Savings Accounts
- Current Accounts
- RHB Fixed deposits
- RHB Home Loans
RHB Fixed Deposit FAQS
- What is the minimum amount required for Singapore Dollar fixed deposit?
- Are the interest rates fixed on these deposits?
- Is overdraft facility available on RHB fixed deposits?
- What is the shortest period of time for which I can make a fixed deposit?
- Are there any fees charged to open a fixed deposit account?
The minimum placement is S$5,000 for tenures of 1 month and above. RHB allows minimum placement is S$1,000 also but for a tenure of at least 3 months.
The interest rates are subject to change. Terms and conditions will apply.
Overdraft facility is available with the Singapore Dollar fixed deposit account. It is not available for Foreign Currency fixed deposits.
You can open a Singapore Dollar Fixed Deposit for a minimum of 7 days. The minimum amount required for this is S$50,000.
RHB does not charge any fees for a fixed deposit account. Other charges and fees maybe applicable.
News About RHB Fixed Deposit
RHB Fixed Deposit Promotion
Runtime: This is an ongoing promotional offer and it will continue till 31st March, 2016
Particulars: This particular promotional offer is for personal accounts or individual accounts only.
The promotional rates offered by RHB Bank is given in the table below.
Tenure Placement Amount (Minimum) Special promotional rate (percentage per annum) 12 months SGD 10000 to less than SGD 50000 1.70 percent per annum SGD 50,000 to less than SGD 100,000 1.80 percent per annum SGD 100,000 to less than SGD 200,000 1.90 percent per annum SGD 200000 and above 1.90 percent per annum plus gift vouchers worth SGD 100 18 months SGD 10,000 to less than SGD 50000 1.75 percent per annum SGD 50,000 to less than SGD 100,000 1.85 percent per annum SGD 100,000 to less than SGD 200,000 1.95 percent per annum SGD 200,000 and Above 1.95 percent per annum 24 months SGD 10000 to less than SGD 50000 1.80 percent per annum SGD 50,000 to less than SGD 100,000 1.90 percent per annum SGD 100,000 to less than SGD 200,000 2.00 percent per annum SGD 200,000 and Above 2.00 percent per annum plus gift vouchers worth SGD 300
The deposit that you make are only fresh funds and excludes all the fund transfers from the existing accounts of RHB bank, RHB cheques, demand draft or cashier’s orders. When the amount matures, the principal amount along with the interest will renew as per the rates that are prevalent.