Indian Overseas Bank offers you numerous fixed deposit schemes so as to allow you to not only save money, but also be able to earn interest on the deposit amount at an attractive rate. You can open a fixed deposit account with S$10,000 or an equivalent in eligible foreign currencies as the minimum initial deposit amount. You may place the amount in fixed deposits with Singapore Dollar (SGD) or 3 other major foreign currencies, which include the Australian Dollar (AUD), Sterling Pound (GBP), and the US Dollar (USD).
You may open a fixed deposit account with Indian Overseas Bank as a joint account holder, in case any other individuals need joint access to your funds or need to manage it on your behalf. You have the option of choosing from a variety of tenures to suit your needs ranging from 1 month to 12 months. The right tenure for you will be determined by the placement amount you are working with and the kind of interest you would be expecting to gain in return for not touching the funds in your fixed deposit for a set period of time.
Features and Benefits of Indian Overseas Bank Fixed Deposit
- You must deposit a minimum amount - You can open a fixed deposit account with an initial deposit of S$10,000.
- You can deposit in multiple currencies – Apart from Singapore dollars, you can also deposit in other currencies and you will need to deposit a minimum amount of 10,000 in the currency that you choose.
- You can open an account jointly or individually – You can either open an account on your own or you can open it jointly with any of your immediate family members.
- Even societies and corporates can open an account – Apart from individuals, even societies and corporates can also open fixed deposit accounts with Indian Overseas Bank in Singapore.
- You will enjoy flexible terms – You can place the deposit amount for the term of your choice and you will need to find out about the available terms when you place the deposit amount.
IOB Fixed Deposit Rate 2019
The per annum interest rates for Singapore Dollar fixed deposits and foreign currency fixed deposits offered by Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) in Singapore are:
|Tenure||Rates (% p.a.) ?SGD 50,000||Rates (% p.a.) ?GBP 20,000||Rates (% p.a.) ?AUD 35,000||Rates (% p.a.) ?USD 20,000|
Note: Indian Overseas Bank Time Deposit Interest rates are as of 5 December 2018.
Indian Overseas Bank Fixed Deposit Fees and Charges
- A penalty of 1 percent is levied on the deposit amount if the account is closed before the expiration of the term.
- For deposits made in US Dollars, a foreign exchange fee of 1 percent is applied on the deposit amount.
Indian Overseas Bank Fixed Deposit - Documents Required
The following documents are required to open a Fixed Deposit account with Indian Overseas Bank Singapore.
- Proof of identity – passport, employment pass, identity card, etc.
- Proof of current address – mobile bill, telephone bill, bank account statements, registered agreement of lease, etc.
The bank might also ask for other additional documents when you apply for opening a fixed deposit account. The approval of the application is at the sole discretion of Indian Overseas Bank.
Indian Overseas Bank FD - Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I close my joint account independently?
- What are terms available with Indian Overseas Bank FD account?
- Are the fixed deposit amounts covered by any insurance scheme?
- How does the bank send notifications to the customers about their fixed deposit accounts?
- Can corporations open an Indian Overseas Bank fixed deposit account?
In case of joint accounts, both the account holders will need to provide instructions for closing the account.
The following terms are available with fixed deposit accounts offered by the bank:
1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months and 12 months.
All deposits made in Singapore Dollars (up to SGD 50,000) are covered by Deposit Insurance offered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation.
The bank sends all notifications by post and the latest address provided by the customers is considered as the actual address for all communications. In case you change your address, you should notify the bank and get your address updated as soon as possible.
Yes, corporations in Singapore can also open an Indian Overseas Bank fixed deposit account. For opening corporate accounts, the formalities have to be completed as per the guidelines offered for the opening of current accounts offered by the bank.