A time deposit account ensures that your hard-earned money is protected and saved up for your future. It also offers you the flexibility of investing lump sum amounts of money, according to your financial situation and also choosing a comfortable time period for which you want to make the investment. Offered with attractive interest rates, a HLB Time Deposit, gives you guarantee and security for your money, while you earn significant returns on your deposits.
HLB Singapore Overview
HL Bank has a well-established clientele in Singapore, providing a wide spectrum of banking products to its citizens. As one of the finest financial institutions in Singapore, HLB has a diverse customer base which is spread across Greater China, the Middle East, South East Asia, Russia and Sri Lanka. HLB provides end-to-end banking solutions to its customers, thereby efficiently catering to the needs of both corporate and personal banking clients. HLB aims to understand customers’ requirements and work towards achieving that with customised and innovative solutions, spanning across various product segments. In Singapore, HLB offers wealth management services, treasury services, investment and health banking along with an attractive Singapore Dollar time deposit scheme.
Why should you open a HLB Singapore Time Deposit Account?
Every individual needs to save sufficiently and the best way to do so is to open up a HLB Singapore Time Deposit Account. With competitive interest rates, assured sums, excellent promotional benefits and the flexibility of placements in various currency units, a HLB time deposit is a great option to save up in Singapore.
Features and Benefits of HLB Singapore Dollar Time Deposits
- A HLB time deposit can be opened with flexible deposit amounts and in four different currency units by Singaporeans.
- Place your funds either in Singapore Dollars, Australian Dollars, US Dollars or CNH, for an amount of your choice.
- HLB offers the time deposit scheme with different tenures for customers - 6 months, 12 months or 24 months.
- The HL Deposit Protector Plan offers protection for an assured sum of S$50,000 for the first six months. To be eligible for this plan, the customer must be a valid time deposit account holder. Only the primary account holder will benefit from this protection, in the case of joint time deposit accounts. This plan is endorsed by the HL Assurance Pte Ltd and automatically comes under the Policy Owners' Protection Scheme.
- New account holders will be enrolled as PremierCare Cardholders, which entitles them to exciting privileges from Parkway Healthcare Group till 31 December 2015.
HLB Time Deposit Interest Rates
If you open a HLB time deposit account between 28 July and 30 September 2015, you can benefit from getting the best interest rates for your accounts from HLB. To avail this promotion, the time deposit accounts must be opened in Singapore only.
Singapore Dollar Time Deposit Rates
|Tenure of the Deposit||Board Interest Rates|
|3 - MONTHS||0.200000 percent per annum|
|6 - MONTHS||0.300000 percent per annum|
|12 - MONTHS||0.500000 percent per annum|
|18 - MONTHS||0.700000 percent per annum|
|24 - MONTHS||0.800000 percent per annum|
HLB Time Deposit Eligibility
- Singaporean citizens and permanent residents can open a Singapore Dollar time deposit account with HLB.
- Applicants should be 21 years or older to open a HLB time deposit account.
HLB Time Deposit Insurance Scheme
The Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC) provides insurance protection for Singapore Dollar time deposit accounts for up to an amount of S$50,000. Foreign currency deposits are generally not insured under the DI Scheme.
Other products offered by HLB in Singapore
- Investment Banking
- Health Banking
- Treasury Services
FAQs for HLB Singapore Time Deposits
- Does HLB have a cap on the placement amount for time deposits?
- In what currencies can fresh funds be placed in a HLB time deposit account?
- As part of the Parkway Healthcare Group promotion, what are the offers that account holders are entitled to?
- Are foreign currency deposits insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC)?
- Can I open a HLB Singapore Dollar time deposit account online?
No, HLB does not have a cap on placement amounts and customers can open deposits for sums greater than S$ 200,000.
Customers can place fresh funds in SGD, CNH, AUD and USD for HLB time deposit accounts.
As PremierCare members, you can get free flu vaccinations and other healthcare discounts from the Parkway Healthcare Group in Singapore.
No, the SDIC does not offer any kind of insurance protection for foreign currency time deposits.
Yes, you can submit an application for opening a HLB time deposit account using the HLB Singapore web portal by furnishing the following details - Name (As mentioned in the Passport or NRIC), Mobile Number and Email address.