A time deposit account ensures that your money is protected and saved up for your future. It also offers you the flexibility of investing an amount based on your financial situation. You can choose a tenure that is suitable for you.
HLB Singapore Overview
HL Bank has a well-established clientele in Singapore, providing a wide spectrum of banking products. As one of the top financial institutions in Singapore, HLB has a diverse customer base which is spread across Greater China, the Middle East, South East Asia, Russia and Sri Lanka.
HLB provides end-to-end banking solutions to its customers, thereby efficiently catering to the needs of both corporate and personal banking clients. In Singapore, HLB offers wealth management services, treasury services, investment and health banking, and many other financial services.
Types of HLB Fixed Deposits
- Singapore Dollar Fixed Deposit Account
- Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit Account
Features of a Singapore Dollar Fixed Deposit
- Tenor options include 1, 3, 6, 12, and 24 months.
- The minimum placement amount depends on the tenor you opt for. The details are mentioned below:
- 1 week - S$50,000
- 1 to 24 months - S$50,000
- Overnight - S$1 million
- You can apply for this fixed deposit either via online or by contacting any of the relationship managers at the HLB Bank.
- An SGD deposit of a non-bank depositor will be insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation.
Hong Leong Singapore Dollar Time Deposit Interest Rates
|Tenure||Interest Rate (p.a.)|
Features of a Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit
- Tenor options include 1, 3, 6, and 12 months.
- The minimum placement amount depends on the currency you opt for. The details are mentioned below:
- Australian Dollar (AUD) - A$ 50,000
- British Pound (GBP) - £50,000
- Chinese Renminbi (CN¥) - S$50,000 equivalent
- Canadian Dollar (CAD) - S$50,000
- New Zealand Dollar (NZD) - NZ$50,000
- US Dollar (USD) - US$50,000
Hong Leong Foreign Currency Time Deposit Rates
|Term||Interest Rate (p.a.)|
HLB Time Deposit Eligibility
You need to be at least 21 years old to open an HLB time deposit account.
Other Products Offered by HLB in Singapore
- Investment Banking
- Health Banking
- Treasury Services
Q. Does HLB have a cap on the placement amount for time deposits?
A. No, HLB does not have a cap on placement amounts and customers can open deposits for sums greater than S$200,000.
Q. In what currencies can fresh funds be placed in an HLB time deposit account?
A. Customers can place fresh funds in SGD, CNY, AUD and USD for HLB time deposit accounts.
Q. Are foreign currency deposits insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC)?
A. No, the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation does not offer any kind of insurance protection for foreign currency time deposits.
Q. Can I open an HLB Singapore Dollar time deposit account online?
A. Yes, you can submit an application for opening an HLB time deposit account using the HLB Singapore web portal by furnishing the following details - name (As mentioned in the Passport or NRIC), mobile number and email address.
Q. What is the minimum deposit amount for a tenure of one month?
A. The minimum deposit amount for a tenure of 1 month is S$50,000.