Overview of CIMB - Commerce International Merchant Bankers Bhd
The CIMB Group is a universal bank that has its headquarters in Kuala Lumpur and has its presence in all high growth economies part of the ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations). CIMB is the one of the largest investment bank in the Asia Pacific and also one of the largest international Islamic banks in the world. CIMB (Commerce International Merchant Bankers Bhd) is currently present in 17 countries across the world and is the fifth largest bank in ASEAN. It has employed more than 43,000 employees across its different branches to provide top notch products and services to all CIMB members conveniently. Towards the end of June 2015, the bank’s total assets were worth RM 438.3 billion. In Singapore, the bank provides an array of products and services to its customers, making it one of the most trustworthy banks on the island. Whether you are looking for debit or credit cards, insurance, loans etc. CIMB can assist you with any financial service or banking product.
CIMB Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit Singapore
By choosing the CIMB Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit account, you can save a fixed amount of money in an acceptable foreign currency for a fixed period of time to get a profitable return as per a fixed interest rate structure.
Features and Benefits of CIMB Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit
- CIMB gives you a choice of 7 different currencies for the Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit which are as follows –
CIMB offers flexible fixed deposit tenures to choose from – 1, 3 , 6, and 12 months.
Facility for Automatic Renewal – CIMB provides the automatic renewal facility wherein upon the maturity period, the funds in the fixed deposit can be automatically renewed for the same tenure and the prevailing interest rate structure, unless other instructions are provided by you.
- United States Dollar (USD)
- Sterling Pound (GBP)
- Australian Dollar (AUD)
- New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
- Euro (EUR)
- Canadian Dollar (CAD)
- Chinese Renminbi (Renminbi Offshore - CNH)
Eligibility and Requirements for the CIMB Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit
- The following individuals are eligible to apply for the CIMB Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit –
Both personal and joint accounts are eligible for the CIMB Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit
The applicant must be at least 18 years of age to apply on their own. Applicants below the age of 18 are also eligible to apply for the CIMB Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit with a parent or a legal guardian who is at least 18 years of age. An in trust account must be opened in this case.
The minimum initial deposit amounts for all the 7 currencies is 10,000 in the respective currency.
- Singapore Citizens
- Singapore Permanent Residents (PRs)
- In case of a Single Account – The applicant must write a Personal Cheque that is made payable to the applicant’s name from an individual account with any other bank in Singapore.
- In case of a Joint Account – Both the applicants must write one cheque each from their individual accounts with any other bank in Singapore.
Documentation Requirements for the CIMB Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit
- Singapore Citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents (PRs) and Malaysians must provide a scanned copy or an image of the front and back of their NRIC.
- Foreigners must provide a scanned copy or an image of their Passport as well as a Proof of their Residential Address such as a Utility Bill, Telecommunication Bill, Bank Statement etc.
- Your Signature is required on the application form.
- CIMB only accepts JPG, GIF and PNG formats.
- The signature on the Personal Cheque must correspond to the signature on the application form.
Applying for the CIMB Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit
- You can fill in the details of the LUCY Form (Let Us Call You) and the bank will then contact you regarding the application process.
- You can directly apply for the CIMB Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit online by filling and submitting the online application form. It only takes 10 minutes to submit the form online and provide the necessary documents.
- You can call CIMB Bank on their Personal Hotline number available on all days between 9 AM and 9 PM.
- You can email CIMB Bank and you are sure to get a response from them within 1 business day.
CIMB Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit Interest Rates
Interest Rates for US Dollar Deposits
||Amount of Deposit