EQ Personal Accident Insurance
EQ is a general insurance provider in Singapore with proficiency in underwriting all classes of non-life insurance that include commercial and personal insurances. With EQ Personal Accident Insurance, you and your family will get financial protection if an accident occurs.
An accident can happen anytime and some accidents may leave you with enormous medical expenses. EQ Personal Accident Insurance offers an affordable and flexible plan that provides financial protection to you and your family in the event of an accident. It offers 24/7 coverage throughout the world, and you can be assured that your family’s needs will be provided for in your absence.
Key Highlights of EQ Personal Accident
Some of the key highlights of EQ Personal Accident Insurance are as follows:
- For death or permanent disablement, your family will be paid up to the insured amount.
- You will get your medical expenses reimbursed following an accident, up to the insured amount.
- Get 24/7 protection against unforeseen, unintended, and sudden events, worldwide.
- Enjoy benefit from continuous income in the event of temporary disablement.
- As part of the temporary partial/total disablement benefit, you will get a weekly income for a period of up to 104 weeks if you were gainfully employed prior to the accident.
- You can extend the policy up to age 75.
- You will get added extensions that include food poisoning, suffocation from poisonous gas, smoke or fumes, murder, assault, drowning, etc.
- A medical examination is not required before purchasing this policy.
Just like most insurance policies in Singapore, you will not be covered under the following instances:
- Intoxications and drugs.
- Provoked assault.
- Suicide or self-inflicted injuries.
- Childbirth or pregnancy related complications.
- Insanity by natural causes.
- Curative treatments or interventions.
- Involvement in professional sports.
- AIDS and other sexually transmitted infectious diseases.
- Act of war, military, nuclear energy, naval, air force operations, and services.
- Racing, mountain and rock climbing, bungee jumping, winter sports, aerial activities, and underwater activities.
Things to Consider Before You Apply
Before you go ahead and purchase any of the policies mentioned above, you must take into consideration the following aspects:
- You will not get any coverage if you regularly engage in activities that are regarded as dangerous.
- You must be employed or should be self-employed at the time of purchasing the policy.
- You must not have any declined or delayed proposal, refused renewal, amplified premium, special conditions or your insurance terminated by an insurer in relation to an accident, sickness or life insurance.
- You cannot have any life, accident, or medical insurance with EQ or other insurers of more than S$1 million (combined).
- You have not suffered from any illnesses or diseases or have not had any physical defect or injury in the past five years.
If you wish to purchase this insurance policy, you will have to fulfil the following requirements:
- You must be a Singapore citizen or Permanent Resident.
- If you are a foreign national, you must have a valid employment pass and must reside in Singapore.
- You must be at least 18 years old and not older than 65 years.
- Your natural or legally adopted children will also be covered under the same policy if their next birthday is between 6 months and 18 years and they are unmarried and unemployed. If the child is studying full time in a recognised educational institution, the age limit will be extended to the child’s 24th birthday.
Here’s How You Can Buy Personal Accident Insurance
To purchase this insurance policy, you can go to the official website of EQ and click on the ‘Buy Now’ button. You will be directed to a page where you will have to enter your personal details including the details of others who will be covered under this policy. Once you have entered all the relevant details, you will be directed to the payment page where you can make the payment.
How Do I Make a Claim?
If you wish to make a claim, you will have to carry out the following steps:
- As soon as there is an incident, you must notify your broker, agent, or EQI about the incident immediately. You have a maximum of 30 days from the date of the incident to report it.
- Download the claim form and fill it up before submitting it to the EQI.
- Submit all the relevant documents like original receipts, medical bills, and invoices when making the claim.
- If there are any medical reports, submit them as well.
How to Terminate the Insurance Policy
After you have purchased the policy, if you are not happy with it, you can terminate the policy within 14 working days from the date of receipt. The amount you have paid as premium will be refunded if you have not filed a claim.
Here’s how you can reach out to EQI in case of any queries:
||+65 6224 3903
||5 Maxwell Road #17-00 Tower Block MND Complex Singapore 069110
Mondays to Fridays: 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. The Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays: Closed
This policy is protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme, administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC).