The convenience a debit card provides is a fact that is well known. Each card has its own perks. Using it is easy and you can keep stock of your finances since you don’t spend more than what you have. To put it simply, a debit card is a powerful tool to have in your wallet. The UOB Direct Visa Debit Card provides you with all the benefits of an ATM card along with additional privileges that ensure that you don’t have to compromise on your lifestyle.
Features and Benefits
- You can earn up to 10% rebate at more than 400 participating SMART$ outlets.1 SMART$ is equivalent to S$1, and can be used on future purchases.
- This card is associated with a UOB One Account and lets you earn interest up to 3.33% each year.
- Digitise your card on your phone and enjoy convenient contactless payment options with Mighty Pay, Apple Pay, Visa payWave, and NETS FlashPay.
- Enjoy travel perks and deals like discounts on airfare and stay. The card also allows you to withdraw cash at no additional charge from UOB ATMs while overseas.
- This UOB card is accepted globally at over 30 million merchants and includes e-shopping and mail or phone orders.
- Over 1,200 ATMs in Singapore and ATMs on the Visa Plus Network globally can be accessed with this card. You can also use it to pay for purchases at NETS outlets throughout Singapore.
- Purchases are directly debited from your bank account, so you have greater control over your spending. UOB Personal Internet Banking, monthly statements, and Personal Internet Banking can be used to track your transactions.
- The EMV Smart Chip protects your card details from being unlawfully copied and used. All transactions made receive SMS alerts and are verified by Visa.
If you compare the feature and benefits that the UOB Direct Visa Debit card provides with that of a UOB ATM Chip Card, you will realise that the uses of the ATM card are limited to cash withdrawals and payments for local PIN-based purchases. A debit card, on the other hand, has features and benefits that make spending guilt-free!
- Shop and dine at various locations across the globe with this card. From daily breakfast for 2 at Singapore’s finest hotels to 8% off on Hotels.com, the UOB Privileges Passport makes travelling all the more enjoyable. You even get up to 30% off in Australia, Bali, Hong Kong, Thailand, and other countries.
- Dining deals such as 1-for-1 dining and discounts at restaurants in Singapore that will set you on the path of becoming a connoisseur of food are available with this card.
- With UOB Fuel Power, you get the best fuel prices in 98 locations through Singapore.
- Make 8 NETS QR code/PIN transactions at selected Hawker Centres and School Canteens each month and enjoy a rebate of S$28 monthly. This promotional offer is limited to the first 288 customers per month and is valid until 31 March 2018.
Fees and Charges
|Type of fee||Fees and charges|
|Annual fee||S$18 (waived for 3 years). Subsequent annual fee waiver on making 12 Visa transactions every year.|
|Overseas withdrawal fee non-UOB ATMs||S$5 per transaction|
|Card replacement fee||S$20|
In order to be eligible for the UOB Direct Visa Debit Card, you need to ensure the following:
- You are at least 16 years old at the time of application.
- You have an account with UOB.
- There is no minimum income requirement.
How to Apply for UOB Direct Visa Debit Card
You can apply in one of two ways.
- Apply by visiting any UOB Group Branch.
Download the application form, fill it in and mail it to the following address:
- UOB Card Centre Robinson Road
P.O. Box 1688
Other Debit Cards Offered by UOB
- UOB Debit Card
- UOB lady’s Debit Card
- UOB Delight Debit Card
- Krisflyer UOB Debit Card
Q. If my card is stolen, will I still be held liable for any transactions made?
A. No, in the case of theft of your card, you will not be held liable for any transaction made after UOB has received a notification of theft or loss of the card.
Q. How are foreign currency transactions charged to my debit card?
A. All foreign currency transactions with the exception of United States Dollar (USD) and Australian Dollar (AUD) will be first converted to USD and then to Singapore Dollars (SGD) based on the prevailing exchange rate. All Visa debit cards will also attract an administrative fee of 2.8% of the amount of the transaction.
Q. What do I do if I do not receive cash at an ATM but my account is debited?
A. If you do not receive the amount that is debited from your account contact the 24-hour Customer Service Hotline at +65 6222 2121. Alternatively, you can also contact the UOB branch you bank with.
Q. Is there a transaction limit with respect to ATM withdrawals in Singapore?
A. On a daily basis, you can withdraw any amount up to the withdrawal limit on your debit card which is usually S$3,000 from ATMs in Singapore.
Q. Can I use my SMART$ for a transaction that is lower than the SMART$ available on my card?
A. SMART$ can only be used for redemption when the purchase or transaction being made by you is higher than the SMART$ available on your card.