UOB Delight Debit Card is popular for its rebate offers on purchases at several merchants in Singapore. This card of also comes with travel and dining privileges. The card is best UOB Debit Card that suited for people who frequently spend on groceries or households needs. You will also get the contactless payment option, free home delivery of groceries when you shop from participating merchants, etc.
Features & Benefits
- UOB has facilitated a new and easy way of payment. Make contactless payments with your Apple Watch or iPhone. You can earn rebates with contactless transactions and you need not present your card physically at the store. This payment gateway is secure as your card is never used or shared with any merchants physically. To get this feature, you have to complete a simple set up by adding your UOB Delight Debit Card to Apple Pay.
You will get 0.5% SMART$ rebate for your purchases at various participating merchants such as Jasons, Cold Storage, Giant, Market Place, etc.
- For this offer, no minimum spend is required.
- You will get 0.5% SMART$ rebate for every S$1 spent at participating merchants.
- You can make purchases online or offline to get the rebate.
- You will also get 10% SMART$ rebate at more than 400 START$ merchants under UOB SMART$ Rebate Programme. The participating merchants include Cathay Cineplexes, BreadTalk, etc. To get this offer you must make retail purchases only.
- For your grocery shopping at Guardian, Giant, and Cold Storage, you can get 10% off on house brands. This offer is not applicable for online transactions.
- If you spend a minimum of S$150 in one receipt for selected items at Giant, Guardian, and Cold Storage, you will get free home delivery.
- You can use UOB Delight Debit Card for contactless transactions for your taxi rides on Comfort DelGro, bus rides, and MRT/LRT.
- As a special offer for Chinese New Year, you will get 10% off on goodies takeaway at Amara Singapore restaurant. This offer is valid from 2 February 2018 to 2 March 2018.
- Get 10% discount on your total bill at Ah Hoi's Kitchen (only on la carte). This offer will expire on 31 May 2018.
Fees & Charges
The fees and charges for UOB Delight Debit Card are given in the table below:
|Type of fee||Fees and charges|
|Annual fee||S$21.4 p.a. If you spend a minimum of S$2,400 p.a. you will be eligible for annual fee waiver.|
|Foreign currency transaction fee||
|Cash withdrawal fee (overseas)||S$5 per withdrawal|
|Card replacement fee||S$20|
- You must have a minimum age of 16 years.
- You must either have UOB Savings account or UOB current account.
- Permanent Residents, Singapore citizens, and foreigners are eligible to apply
- There is no minimum income requirement for this card.
- Identity proof documents such as NRIC copy (front and back).
- A copy of Passport.
- Income proof documents (not mandatory).
How To Apply For UOB Delight Debit Card?
The ways to apply for UOB Delight Debit Card are given below:
- You can visit your nearest UOB branch for applying.
- You can download the online application form from UOB’s official website, fill the form and mail it to:
UOB Card Centre Robinson Road P.O. Box 1688 Singapore 903338
List Of Other Debit Cards Issued By UOB
The other debit cards issued by UOB are listed below:
- UOB Debit Card
- UOB Direct Visa Debit Card
- KrisFlyer UOB Account
- UOB Lady’s Debit Card
You can choose any of the above cards as per your lifestyle and spending requirements.
Q: Do I need to activate my card for overseas use if I am travelling out of SIngapore?
A: Yes, you must enable the magnetic stripe of your card for overseas usage. You must visit the official website of UOB, locate the page for ‘Enable your Card(s) for Overseas Card Use’, and click on ‘Overseas Card Use’.
Q: Do I need to activate my debit card?
A: Yes, for security purposes, you should activate your debit card before using it.
Q: How should I activate my debit card?
A: The various ways for activating your card are:
- You must visit the official website of UOB, locate the page for ‘UOB Card Activation’, and click on ‘Activate Now’.
- You can call UOB hotline 1800 386 8188 and request for activation.
- Visit your nearest ATM or UOB branch.
- You can also complete the activation process through your smartphone on UOB Mighty App.
Q: I have a UOB credit card, do I still need to have a UOB savings/current account to apply for UOB Delight Debit Card?
A: Yes, you must have an UOB savings/current account in order to apply for this card, even if you have a UOB credit card.
Q: Is there any limit for overseas cash withdrawal?
A: There is a limit for overseas cash withdrawal. It will be same for cash withdrawal in Singapore or overseas.
Q: What should I do if I lose my UOB card?
A: You must report the loss of your card to UOB. You can call at 1800 222 2121 to report about the loss.