The HomeTeamNS-PAssion-POSB Debit Card is designed in collaboration with the People's Association (PA), HomeTeamNS and POSB in order to provide benefits to National Servicemen and their family. This is a manner in which support can be extended to the people serving the nation. Let’s take a look at the details of this card.
Features & Benefits
The benefits you gain mainly come from being a member of the HomeTeamNS and PAssion. The benefits from HomeTeamNS are as follows:
- Access to clubhouses of HomeTeamNS and even concession on parking fee.
- Treats on your birthday among other exclusive treats.
- You could visit with this card to get discounts at S.E.A Aquarium, Universal Studios and Adventure Cove Park, among others.
The benefits from being a PAssion member are as follows:
- Get 50% more STAR$ at the partnered CapitaLand Malls.
- On the 10th of every month, if you buy a pass to a qualifying event, you could get another pass for free.
- Get a cashback of 1% at Takashimaya Square, B2, and Takashimaya Department Store.
- When you visit community clubs or other PA outlets, you have access to many privileges.
When you apply for a HomeTeamNS-PAssion-POSB Debit card digitally, you have the chance of getting a cashback of S$10 if are among the lucky 1,000 new applicants. This cashback will be applicable when you spend at least S$200 within the first month of getting the card. The offer runs up to 31 March 2018.
Fees and charges
The card is free, but you need to pay for the HomeTeamNS membership. This will cost you S$100 for 5 years and S$150 for 10 years.
- Be 16 years and above
- Be an existing HomeTeamNS member
- Hold a DBS Savings Plus Account/DBS Autosave Account/POSB Savings Account/DBS Current Account.
- If you do not have a relevant bank account, you can open one easily either online or at a DBS/POSB branch.
- If you are a HomeTeamNS Ordinary member or Associate member, you can apply for this card. If you do not have a membership, you can sign up for one at any of the clubs and then apply for the card.
Documents required for Ordinary membership are:
- Certificate of Conduct
- Identity card of SPF or SCDF NS or SmartCard or NS Booklet
- Letter of Discharge of NS liability
Documents required for Associate membership are:
- Staff pass or Appointment Letter or 11B or Payslip or Warrant Card
How to Apply for HomeTeamNS-PAssion-POSB Debit card
Visit the DBS/POSB website and navigate to the HomeTeamNS-PAssion-POSB Debit Card page and click on ‘Apply Now’. You can then use online banking details to log in and apply for the card. You could also visit any POSB/DBS branch to apply for the card.
List of Other Debit Cards by POSB
- PAssion-POSB Debit card
Q. How do I pay for the HomeTeamNS membership?
A. You can pay the membership fee at any of their clubhouses by cash or through NETS.
Q. I am a HomeTeamNS Social member. Can I apply for the card?
A. No. HomeTeamNS Social members are not eligible to apply for this card.
Q. Can I sign up for both the debit cards, that is HomeTeamNS-PAssion-POSB Debit card and PAssion POSB MasterCard Debit Card?
A. Yes, you can hold both the debit cards, but the points you earn from both the cards will be considered separate.
Q. What should I do when the card expires after 5 years or before the expiry of my HomeTeamNS membership?
A. A new debit card will be sent to you on expiry of the card in either of the cases. Your privileges and access will continue as before.
Q. When I receive my card, is it ready for use?
A. After you receive the card, you will have to activate it before using it via SMS, iBanking, at ATMs, or through the bank’s digibank app.
Q. If my debit card is damaged, what do I do with the EZ-Link value?
A. In case of damage to your debit card, you can inform the bank for a replacement and get a refund from the Transit Link Ticket Office physically or by calling their hotline.