This debit card is offered to you with an NTUC-OCBC starter account and gives you a higher rate of interest without any lock-in period. If you are searching for a Visa debit card that offers affordable term life insurance plan, contactless Android Pay payment facility, cashback, free delivery for groceries, and LinkPoints on your card purchases, you may consider applying for this card.
Features and Benefits
- By opting for this card, you can earn higher rate of interest. You can earn up to 0.1% interest p.a. for the initial S$50,000 deposits and 0.15% interest p.a. for the amount between S$50,001 and S$500,000. Your starter account will not include any hidden charges and will not have any lock-in period.
- If you are a NTUC member, you can enjoy a lifetime fee annual waiver on the NTUC Plus! Visa Cards. However, the current NTUC membership fee will be applicable.
- The card features contactless and secure payment through Visa payWave and Android Pay.
- You are eligible to get Plus! Term Life Insurance at an affordable cost. This insurance plan is underwritten by NTUC Income.
- When you use this card, you don’t need to worry about the validity of your LinkPoints as you will get a 6-month extension upon expiry.
- The Visa Checkout facility on this card allows you to make faster and hassle-free online purchases.
- You can earn 1% LinkPoints when you pay for your NTUC membership using this card.
- Also earn 1% LinkPoints on paying your SingTel, StarHub and M1 bills using this card. You can earn a maximum of 3,000 LinkPoints every calendar month.
- This card allows you to get rewarded on your daily expenses. You can get up to 12% off on the purchases you make at FairPrice and Unity.
- You can get 18% off when you make fuel purchases at Caltex in addition to earning LinkPoints.
- Enjoy savings up to 18.5% at Esso in addition to earning 2.4% Smile savings.
- Enjoy a discount of 3% at Popular.
FairPrice and Unity Chinese New Year promotion - Enjoy a discount of S$5 on select Abalone Sets when you purchase from FairPrice or Unity. This promotion is applicable until 28 February 2018.
Fees and charges
There is no annual fee involved for the NTUC Plus! Visa Debit Card. However, the current NTUC membership fee is applicable.
- NTUC Plus! Members only are eligible. Singapore PRs, Singaporeans, and foreigners are eligible to apply for this card.
- You should have attained a minimum age of 16 years or more while applying for this card.
- No minimum income is needed.
- You will continue to enjoy NTUC membership privileges and benefits.
How to apply for the NTUC Plus! Visa Debit Card?
You can apply for this debit card using any of the following steps:
- Visit the Singapore NTUC website to apply for the NTUC Plus! Visa Debit Card online.
- Visit any of the OCBC branches in Singapore to apply for this debit card.
- Call the hotline number 1800 820 2020.
List of other debit cards from NTUC
- NTUC Plus! Card
Q. I have LinkPoints accumulated on my NTUC Plus! Visa Debit Card. How do I redeem them?
A. The LinkPoints accumulated on your card can be redeemed for dining, lifestyle, travel and fashion rewards. In order to redeem your LinkPoints, you will need to follow these steps:
- You will need to sign up or login to your account
- Select your reward
- Select your Plus! Membership
- Proceed to shopping cart and click checkout
Q. How do I earn LinkPoints at retail shops when I use my NTUC Plus! Debit Card?
A. You will need to present your card at the shop or selected establishment. By doing so, LinkPoints will be credited to your account.
Q. I have downloaded Android Pay on my phone. How do I set it up for my NTUC account?
A. Refer to the steps below to set up your account:
- Open Android Pay on your phone
- Login/sign up for your Plus! Account
- Click on save to phone tab on this section when you receive a prompt
- Ensure that you are signed in to your Google account
- NTUC Plus! Visa Debit Card will be saved to your Google account
Q. I had applied for the NTUC Plus! Visa Debit Card online. However, I have not received any update about the status of my application. What should I do?
A. You need to contact the hotline number in order to obtain the status of your application. Once your card/account is approved, you will be notified.
Q. How do I convert or exchange my LinkPoints into rewards?
A. The Plus Exchange Portal allows you to convert your accumulated points into rewards. Refer to the outlined steps for information on converting your LinkPoints:
- You need to login to the Plus Exchange Portal
- Select the desired loyalty programme
- Upon doing so, you will need to complete a one-time authorisation with the selected Plus! Exchange Partner
- Exchange your desired Loyalty points.