This card from DBS has been designed to help you earn cash rebates on your day-to-day expenses. Available only for SAFRA members, the card offers up to 2% cash rebate on your Mastercard contactless transactions in Singapore, online transactions, and other retail purchases. You will earn cash rebates in the form of SAFRA$. One SAFRA$ is equivalent to S$1. You can redeem your SAFRA$ instantly to pay for your purchases at SAFRA Clubs and at various participating merchants locally. Alternatively, you can redeem your SAFRA$ online.
It’s also one of the DBS debit cards that allow Mastercard contactless payments, including payments for train/bus rides in Singapore.
Features and Benefits
- Mastercard contactless: You will enjoy the convenience of Mastercard contactless payments with this card. When you make purchases of S$100 or less at participating merchants, simply tap your card to pay. In addition, you can also use this card to make contactless payment for MRT/LRT (bus and train) rides in Singapore. You won’t have to top up your card separately.
- Up to 2% cash rebate: When you spend at least S$400 in a month with this card, you will earn a cash rebate of 2% on your Mastercard contactless transactions in Singapore, 1% on online purchases, and 0.3% on all other retail purchases. However, there is a limit on how much you can earn as rebates in a month, which stands at SAFRA$50 on one card.
- Easy redemption: You can redeem your SAFRA$ instantly to pay for your purchases at any of the six SAFRA Clubs and at selected local outlets. You can also redeem your cash rebates online by having your SAFRA$ credited to your savings/current account that is linked with your DBS SAFRA Card.
- NETS FlashPay: This card also supports NETS FlashPay contactless payments. Just top up the card to enjoy the convenience of contactless payments for CityCab and Comfort taxis. In addition, you can use NETS FlashPay to make payment for car parkings, ERP gantry, and retail purchases.
- Special discounts at more than 3,000 merchants: On top of cash rebates, you will also enjoy special discounts and offers at more than 3,000 stores.
- Privileges for SAFRA members: With this card, you will enjoy special access to various facilities at six SAFRA clubs, including entertainment facilities, gyms, and swimming pools. That’s not all. You will also earn SAFRAPOINTS for every dollar you spend at participating SAFRA facilities.
Fees and Charges
There is no annual fee on this card if you have SAFRA membership. Also, you must have SAFRA membership to sign up for this card.
- The minimum age to apply for this card is 16 years.
- You must be a member of SAFRA.
- You must have one of the following accounts to apply for this card: POSB Savings account, DBS Autosave account, DBS Savings Plus account, or DBS Current account.
How to Apply for DBS SAFRA Debit Card
You can apply for this card online if you have one of the accounts mentioned above, with access to DBS internet banking.
List of Other Debit Cards by DBS
- DBS Visa Debit Card
- DBS UnionPay Platinum Debit Card
- PAssion POSB Debit Card
- DBS Takashimaya Debit Card
- DBS NUSSU Debit Card
FAQs – DBS SAFRA Debit Card
Q. Is there any eligibility criteria for supplementary card?
A. Your female spouse and dependant child can apply for supplementary cards if they are at least 16 years old. Also, they can apply only when the principal member’s card application is approved.
Q. How many SAFRA membership/DBS SAFRA cards am I allowed to hold?
A. You can’t hold more than one type of membership card at a time. You can either hold SAFRA Membership Card, DBS SAFRA Credit Card or DBS SAFRA Debit Card.
Q. What happens to my SAFRA Membership Card when my DBS SAFRA Debit Card is approved?
A. Since you are allowed to hold only one type of membership card at a time, you can destroy your old SAFRA Membership Card when you receive your new DBS SAFRA Debit Card. The credit card will act as the membership card thereafter.
Q. My DBS SAFRA Card application has been rejected. Am I still eligible for SAFRA Membership Card?
A. Yes. Even if your DBS SAFRA Card application has been rejected, you can apply for SAFRA Membership Card. You will not have to fill out any form if you are already a member of SAFRA.
Q. What happens to my SAFRA membership fee if my DBS SAFRA Card application is rejected?
A. If your card application has been rejected and you don’t want SAFRA Membership Card, you can contact SAFRA customer service at 1800 377 9800 for all your fee refund-related queries.
Q. What happens to my SAFRA membership fee if I cancel my SAFRA Debit Card?
A. If you have subscribed to the advance payment scheme for two, five, or 10 years, you will not get any refund for the remaining period of your subscription.
Q. How do I report the loss of my DBS card?
A. You can contact the bank’s customer service at 1800 111 111 to report the loss of your card and to request a replacement card.
Q. Does SAFRA$ expire?
A. Yes. Your SAFRA$ will expire after 12 months and will be forfeited.