As an undergraduate student at the National University of Singapore (NUS), you are automatically a part of the National University of Singapore Students’ Union (NUSSU), a platform that promotes your interests, understands your perspective, and looks at nurturing leaders. The DBS NUSSU Debit Card looks at giving you a boost at this new milestone in your life. This debit card can also be used as an ATM card and be used to make NETS payments. Moreover, you are also entitled to all the benefits offered by DBS and Mastercard!
Features & Benefits of DBS NUSSU Debit Card
- Earn 5% cashback on all local Mastercard contactless transactions, capped at S$50 per month. You must spend at least S$400 with your card and make cash withdrawals of up to S$400 in a month to be eligible for the cashback.
- Enjoy high daily limits of S$5,000, S$3,000, and S$2,000 on your NETS payments, ATM withdrawals, and debit card transactions, respectively.
- Annual fee of S$10 waived for the first 4 years.
- Make transactions both locally and overseas with the card.
- Withdraw cash from any ATM across the globe.
- Enjoy shopping and dining privileges from DBS and Mastercard merchants worldwide.
PromotionEarn up to 10% cashback
- Under this promotion, you can earn up to 10% cashback on your eligible transactions, if you don’t make any cash withdrawals with your card during the month.
- You must spend at least S$400 on your card to be eligible for the cashback.
- Eligible transactions include local Mastercard contactless transactions, NETS contactless transactions, and Scan & Pay transactions.
- Your transactions must not be more than S$200 to be eligible for the promotion.
- Cashback is capped at S$50 per month.
- The promotion ends on 30 June 2018.
Fees and Charges
|Type of charge||Charge|
|Annual fee||S$10 (waived for the first four years)|
|Foreign currency transaction fee||Mastercard fee: 1% of the transaction amount DBS’ administrative fee: Up to 2.65% of the converted amount|
|Lost/stolen card liability||S$100, if your lost/stolen card is used to make unauthorised charges|
- You can apply for this debit card if you are an NUS student who has a DBS Savings Plus, DBS AutoSave, DBS Current or a POSB Passbook Savings Account.
- Your signature on the application form needs to match your signature as per the bank’s records.
You can apply for your debit card in 3 simple steps.
- Once you have completed the online application form, print it and sign it. Since this signature will be verified with DBS’ records, make sure that the signatures match.
- Mail the form along with a copy of your Matriculation Card to DBS.
- You will receive your card within 5 working days if your application is approved.
Alternatively, you can also apply for your debit card in person by visiting the DBS Remix Branch at Yusof Ishak House, NUS.
Other Debit Cards by DBS
- DBS Visa Debit Card
- DBS UnionPay Platinum Debit Card
- DBS Takashimaya Debit Card
- SAFRA DBS Debit Card
Q. Can I change the spending limit on my debit card?
A. Yes, you can change the spending limit on your debit card by logging in to iBanking and following the instructions. Approval for the same, however, will be based on DBS’ discretion.
Q. When will the cashback amount that I have earned be credited to my account?
A. The cashback amount that you earn will be credited within two calendar months. For instance, if you make the transaction in the month of May, your cashback will be credited to your account by July.
Q. Do I get the cashback amount for all transactions that I make using my DBS NUSSU Debit Card?
A. Cashback doesn’t apply to online transactions, any contactless transaction that you have refunded or reversed, PIN transactions (such as ATM, AXS, and NETS), NETSPay transactions, overseas payments, Casino bills, and EZ-link card transactions.