BOC Zaobao Debit Card is offered in collaboration with Bank of China and Lianhe Zaobao. This is a dual currency card wherein transactions can be made in both SGD and RMB. This is a media co-branded card and offers exclusive SPH (Singapore Press Holdings) privileges. If you are searching for a card with cash rebates, enhanced security features, no annual fee, you may consider applying for this card.
Features and benefits
- The card is incorporated with an enhanced EMV security chip that ensures that all your transactions are fully safe.
- This is a dual currency debit card that allows transactions to be made in both SGD and RMB. There is no currency exchange fees on all your RMB transactions done through your RMB account.
- This BOC card does not charge an annual fee.
- By using this card, you are entitled to get unlimited 0.3% cash rebate on all your overseas and local transactions. However, this is valid when you have S$1,500 (minimum deposit) in your account and spend a minimum of S$100 and/or have a minimum deposit of RMB7,500 in your account and spend at least RMB500 to qualify for the cashback.
- This card offers 24-hour global concierge assistance.
- When you use this card, you are exempted from transaction fee on cash withdrawals for a limited period. You will have access to more than 24,000 ATMs.
- By opting for this card, you can get access to exclusive offers on your purchases at merchant establishments that has the UnionPay logo.
- You can use this card to enjoy ticketing privileges to fairs, forums, performances and other events.
- This card is accepted worldwide. You can view your transaction history, activate your card overseas, and set your daily transaction limits using BOC online banking.
You are entitled to get 1-for-1 movie tickets at Shaw Theatre on making the payment using this card. This promotional offer holds good for the initial 850 tickets (per calendar month) and is available till stocks last. This promotion is valid until 31 July 2018.
Ming Yi Guang (in collaboration with Beijing Hospital of TCM):
This promotional offer holds good for the initial 100 members and is valid until 30 April 2018. For S$1,000 credits that are purchased, you are entitled to receive an additional 20% credits. For S$2,000 credits that are purchased, you are entitled to receive an additional 30% credits. This promotional offer is valid for a one-time purchase only. You can only select one promotion out of the two listed.
Get a free S$50 shopping voucher as your sign-up gift:
If you are one of the initial 1,000 members to have signed up this card at any branches, you are entitled to receive a free shopping voucher worth S$50.
Fees and charges
|Type of fee||Fees and charges|
|Foreign currency cash withdrawal through UnionPay network ATMs||S$4 or RMB20 is applicable per transaction|
|Balance enquiry through UnionPay’s overseas ATM network||S$0.80 /RMB4 is applicable per transaction|
|UnionPay||RMB5 is charged per transaction|
|Cash withdrawal fees through BOC branches in Mainland China||1% of the withdrawn amount. Minimum charge is S$5 and maximum charge is S$20|
|Replacement debit card||S$5|
How to apply for the BOC Zaobao Debit Card?
You can apply for a BOC debit card by visiting any of the nearest BOC branches. However, you will need to have a savings/current account with BOC in order to apply for a debit card.
List of other debit cards from BOC
BOC UnionPay Dual Currency Debit Card
Bank of China Great Wall International Debit Card
Q. Will I receive an SMS notification for all my BOC Zaobao Debit Card transactions?
A. Yes, you will receive (24-hour) SMS notifications for all your card transactions.
Q. I have received a gift voucher. Can I exchange the voucher for other items or get a refund?
A. No, a refund cannot be provided for the gift voucher and this cannot be exchanged.
Q. My BOC debit card is damaged. How can I get a replacement?
A. You can contact any of the nearest BOC branches to request for a replacement card.
Q. What type of services can I get when I use my BOC Zaobao Debit Card on a shared ATM network?
A. You can use your card to perform cash withdrawals and balance enquiries.
Q. What transactions are eligible to earn 0.3% cash rebate?
A. Only retail transactions made in Singapore and overseas qualify to earn 0.3% cash rebate, subject to the minimum spend and deposit criteria.