This debit card has been designed keeping in mind Singaporeans who frequently travel to China or who frequently make transactions in Chinese Renminbi. The card allows you to make payments in Chinese Renminbi without incurring any foreign transaction fee. This dual currency card is linked with two sub accounts - RMB savings account and SGD savings account. So, if you are make a payment in Singapore, you can pay from your SGD sub-account, or if you are buying something in China, you can make the payment from your RMB sub-account. This way you will not have to pay any foreign transaction charge while making transactions in China. Also, if you are making a transaction in RMB and your RMB sub-account balance is not sufficient, the bank will automatically deduct the required amount from your SGD sub-account. Exchange rates will apply.
Features & Benefits of
- Earn 0.3% cashback on all local/overseas transactions. To be eligible for the cashback, you must either spend a minimum S$100 a month and have a minimum deposit of S$1,500 or spend a minimum of RMB500 a month and have a minimum deposit of RMB7,500.
- EMV chip enabled card for your protection from unauthorised transactions.
- 24-Hour concierge assistance.
- You can easily activate the card for overseas use through internet banking.
- You can also view the details of your transaction and even change your daily transaction limits by logging on to the BOC Personal Internet Banking.
- You will have access to ATMs around the world and also gain offers with traders bearing the “UnionPay” logo.
Fees and Charges
|Type of charge||Charge|
|Currency exchange fee for RMB payments through RMB sub-account||Nil|
|ATM cash withdrawal fee through BOC ATMs in Mainland China||Nil|
You should have a savings or a current account with the minimum deposit in both RMB and SGD.
How to Apply for BOC UnionPay Dual Currency Debit Card
You can walk into any nearest branch of the bank and apply for the card.
List of Other Debit Cards by BOC
Q. Is there a cap on how much rebate I can earn per month?
A. No, there is no cap on the rebate you can earn in a calendar month.
Q. How much time will BOC take to credit my cash rebate to my account?
A. Your cash rebate will be credited to your account in the following month of making the transaction.
Q. What happens to my cash rebate if terminate my account?
A. If you terminate your account for any reason before the cash rebate is credited to your account, BOC has the right to not to credit the rebate to your account.
Q. What should I do if I lose my debit card?
A. Your first step should be to inform the bank if your card is stolen/lost, to prevent misuse of the card. You can inform the bank on their dedicated helpline.
Q. Can the card be activated for overseas usage?
A. Yes, the card can be activated for overseas use.