Cancer is one of the biggest threats in Singapore and a leading cause of death. Among women, cancer is one of the most common diseases. Fighting cancer is not only physically, mentally and emotionally exhausting, it is also very expensive.
The Woman’s Care Critical Illness Insurance Plan offered by DBS has been underwritten by MSIG Insurance and will take care of your high medical expenses. Over and above your health insurance policies, you will additionally get a onetime lump sum payment. This added financial aid is offered when you need it the most to ensure that your only focus during this trying time is on your recovery.
Features and Benefits:
- You can get a cover of up to SGD 45,000. However, this cover is not applicable on Premium Plans.
- It covers Major Cancers including colorectal cancer, leukaemia and lymphoma cancer as well as a majority of Female Cancers.
- Medical check-up is not required to purchase the Woman’s Care Health Insurance Plan.
- For existing health insurance/Critical Illness policies, you will receive a onetime lump sum payment over and above your current insurance policies.
- Classic Plan premiums start from SGD 0.25 per day.
- You will receive the benefit amount after the 1st diagnosis of any of the listed types of Cancer covered in this insurance. The amount will be paid to you in accordance with the exceptions and the terms & conditions.
- There is a waiting period of 90 days for this policy from the reinstatement or commencement date, whichever comes later. During this period, you cannot make a claim with respect to any type of cancer you may be diagnosed with.
- There is a survival period of 30 days for this policy wherein you must survive the 1st diagnosis of cancer before you make a claim.
- Only one Woman’s Care policy can be purchased per woman.
- Pre-existing conditions will not be covered under the Woman’s Care policy. In this context, pre-existing condition refers to any symptom, condition or illness where:
- Medication, advice, treatment or diagnosis has been received/sought/foreseen.
- Any present signs or symptoms that you have been reasonably aware or aware of the origination or existence causing you to seek a test/s, diagnosis and/or care before the commencement date of your policy.
- Your Woman’s Care policy will be terminated under the following circumstances:
- Not paying the premium by the due date.
- Single payout of either Major Cancer or Female Cancer.
- Policy expiration when you reach 65 years of age.
- When you die.
- Whichever of the above that occurs first.
- Women between 18 and 60 years of age can purchase this insurance plan to avail all these features and benefits. Even foreigners are eligible to apply for this insurance plan.
Note: You cannot claim for both, Major Cancer and Female Cancer as your policy will be terminated after the payment of either of the benefits.
Type of Plans offered:
|Types of Cancer|
|Premier Plan||Classic Plan|
|Cancer in women restricted to sites mentioned below:
||SGD 45,000||SGD 25,000|
|Major Cancer||SGD 36,000||SGD 20,000|
Premium for Premier Plan and Classic Plan:
|Age Group||Premier Plan||Classic Plan|
|Per Month||Per Year||Per Month||Per Year|
|18 to 30 years old||SGD 9.10||SGD 109.20||SGD 7.60||SGD 91.20|
|31 to 35 years old||SGD 12.25||SGD 147.00||SGD 10.20||SGD 122.40|
|36 to 40 years old||SGD 16.58||SGD 198.96||SGD 13.95||SGD 167.40|
|41 to 45 years old||SGD 22.00||SGD 264.00||SGD 18.45||SGD 221.40|
|46 to 50 years old||SGD 33.92||SGD 407.04||SGD 28.35||SGD 340.20|
|51 to 55 years old||SGD 39.58||SGD 474.96||SGD 33.10||SGD 397.19|
|56 to 60 years old||SGD 47.75||SGD 573.00||SGD 39.95||SGD 479.40|
|61 to 65 years old (only applicable for renewals)||SGD 57.75||SGD 693.00||SGD 48.35||SGD 580.20|
Note the following:
- All the premiums mentioned in the table above include 7 per cent GST. Premiums will change with increase/decrease in GST.
- The premiums you need to pay will be based on your age of entry and will increase as you enter the next age group during your policy renewal.
- The right to change the premium payable during renewal is reserved with MSIG Insurance. In case of any change, you will be notified at least 30 days before your renewal date.
Applying for Woman’s Care by DBS:
You can apply for this insurance in the following ways:
- You can purchase the insurance online by clicking on “Buy Now” button found at the bottom of the Woman’s Care web page of the official DBS website.
- You can fill in the ‘General Insurance – Contact Form’ with your preferred day and time so a representative from DBS bank can contact you and take the application process further.
- For any queries regarding the insurance policy, you can contact the MSIG Hotline number from Mondays to Fridays between 8:45 AM and 5:30 PM. The number is available on the Woman’s Care web page of the official DBS website.