CIMB StarSaver Account is a checking account and Savings Account combined. The account offers high rate of interest on your account balance and unlimited free cheque books. Withdrawals are free AEAN-wide.
Eligibility Requirements of CIMB StarSaver Account
The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- The minimum age required to open the CIMB StarSaver Account is 18 years.
- The minimum initial deposit required is S$5,000.
Features and benefits of CIMB StarSaver Account
The features and benefits of CIMB StarSaver Account are as follows:
- This account is a combination of checking and savings accounts.
- You will receive unlimited free cheque books.
- The interest rate offered is 0.8% per annum on the entire account balance.
- The interest will be accrued daily and this will give you the flexibility to deposit on any day and you will receive interest at the end of every month.
- You can top up your account through in-branch deposits, monthly funds transfer, mail-in cheque and Interbank GIRO.
- Get your monthly fee waived by opting to receive only Estatements.
- Access internet banking facility via CIMB Clicks on your mobile. This will let you perform your account transactions at any time.
- There is no-fall below fee charged as the checking and or savings account should earn you money and not cost you money.
- Withdrawals can be made overseas for free across ASEAN and the PLUS ATMs.
- You can enjoy instant funds transfer to and from the participating banks in Singapore via FAST. Fund transfers can be done by paying no service charges to selected CIMB Malaysia accounts.
- Get your account number instantaneously upon application.
Interest rates of CIMB StarSaver Account
You can earn an interest of 0.8% per annum on the entire account balance. There is no additional requirements for availing the interest.
Fees and Charges of CIMB StarSaver Account
The following are the fees and charges applicable on StarSaver Account:
- The minimum amount required to earn interest is S$5,000.
- There is no fall below fee charged.
- The early account closure fee for accounts that are being closed within 6 months is S$50.
- The excess limit fee for incidental overdraft for account which do not have credit limits is SGD Prime rate plus 5% or minimum of S$20, whichever is higher.
- The internal funds transfers are done for free.
- Monthly account fee is S$1. This fee is waived if you opt for Estatements.
The following are the fees and charges applicable for StarSaver Savings Account:
- The minimum amount required to earn interest is S$1,000.
- No fall below fee is charged.
- The early account closure fee for accounts that have been closed within 6 months is S$50.
- Monthly account fee is S$1 which will be waived if you opt for Estatements.
Documents required of CIMB StarSaver Account
To open a CIMB StarSaver Account you will have to submit the following documents:
- Singaporeans or permanent residents and Malaysians will have to submit their NRIC.
- Foreigners will have to submit their proof of residential address, Passport, Work Permit, Employment Pass, Student Pass, and Dependant’s Pass.
How to apply?
You can apply in the following ways:
- Online: You can apply for CIMB Current Account online. The application form is made available to you on the CIMB website.
- Visit the bank: If you wish to get more information and clear understanding of the account, you can visit the nearest CIMB branch and have a talk with a representative of the bank. This can help you understand the features and terms and conditions of the account and then you can continue with opening the account.
- Customer care: You can also call the customer care number and avail the relevant information.
- Call back: You can also request for a call back from the Bank’s representative. You will have to fill out the details of the account, your contact number, you convenient time to receive the phone call and the query. The bank representative will call you back at the time convenient to you.
- Email: You can also drop in an email regarding any query to [email protected] and you will receive a response within 1 working day.