Tax payments have never been easy, have they? Well, if you didn’t know it already, you can pay your taxes in a convenient and swift manner with your credit card. There are some credit cards, apart from the string of offers that they have in the offing, that allow you to swiftly, conveniently and securely pay your taxes. To top it all, some of them allow for tax payments in instalments too! Let us look at some popular cards that allow you to pay your taxes. In some cases, credit cards are compatible with easy payment wallets that make payments even simpler. More than anything else, using your credit card to pay for your taxes also earns you reward points, cashbacks, and a host of other benefits.
Maybank World MasterCard
The Maybank World MasterCard allows you to pay your taxes in an easy and convenient manner. Besides, the card also offers you excellent discounts and cashbacks on a wide range of purchases at establishments across Singapore. Here are some features and benefits of the Maybank World MasterCard:
- 10X TREATS Points at participating retail outlets, petrol stations and participating dining establishments across Singapore.
- With the Maybank World MasterCard, save up to 19.1% on fuel at stations island wide.
- Get discounts on movie tickets at popular entertainment establishments across Singapore.
Features and benefits of the Maybank World MasterCard
- The annual fee is waived for the first year. Also, the annual fee will not be charged if expenses on the card exceed S$24,000.
- The card enables you to earn TREATS Points on purchases ranging from jewellery, food, apparels, cosmetics and more. TREATS Points can be earned for every S$1 you spend using your card.
- Accumulated TREATS Points do not expire and can be redeemed for a spate of exciting choices under the rewards catalogue.
- Taxes paid using your card will earn you reward points.
- Redeem reward points for KrisFlyer miles and Asia miles under the Maybank Frequent Flyer Programme.
Interest charges and other details
- The annual rate of interest on the card is 24% and the annual fee is S$240.
- Late payment charges of S$50 or 5% of the minimum payment, whichever is higher, is charged if payments are not made before the payment date.
- Minimum payments are usually 3% of the monthly outstanding balance but can also include additional charges including overlimit fees and pending minimum payments from previous months.
- The card can be used to make cash withdrawals that are subject to handling and interest charges. Interest charges are 24% p.a. and handling charges are 5% of the withdrawn amount.
- In order to be eligible to apply for the card, the applicant should be aged 21 or above. The income requirement is S$80,000 p.a.
- Administrative charges are applicable for tax payments.
The HSBC Premier MasterCard
The HSBC Premier MasterCard is amongst the most popular HSBC credit cards and allows you to pay your taxes in installments. Here are a few notable features and benefits that the card has to offer its customers:
Key features and benefits of the HSBC Premier MasterCard
- Get cash rebates of up to 5% at grocery stores and on recurring mobile and internet bills. The rebate can be availed if you make your bill payments through your HSBC Premier Credit Card.
- Enjoy a 6% cash rebate on fuel at Caltex stations and Shell stations across Singapore.
- Get cash rebates of 2% at participating dining and beverage establishments across Singapore.
- Earn reward points for every S$1 you spend using your card and redeem your rewards for some exciting vouchers, offers and discounts.
Interest charges and other details
- The HSBC Premier MasterCard credit card does not carry an annual fee.
- The annual rate of interest on the card is 25% p.a.
- Cash advances carry annual interest charges of 28% p.a. besides handling charges amounting to 5% of the amount withdrawn.
- A late payment fee of S$55 will be charged if the minimum monthly payment isn’t made on time. The minimum monthly amount is usually 3% of the monthly outstanding balance for the given month.
- An overlimit fee of S$40 will be levied if the permitted credit limit is exceeded.
In order to apply for any of these cards, visit the official website of the relevant bank and fill out the online application form and submit the supporting documents. A representative from the bank will get in touch with you and take your application process forward.