If you are a frequent traveller, you probably already know that there are some risks associated with travelling. Losing luggage, flight getting delayed, and medical issues are some of the most common risks that could ruin your trip while leaving you broke. That’s why it’s important to have travel insurance coverage to protect you when things go wrong. The good news is that there are many cards in Singapore that are offering complimentary travel insurance. So, if your card is not one of them, you might want to consider upgrading it. Take a look at some of the cards that take care of your travel insurance needs.
Check out which cards in Singapore offer Travel Insurance for Free and compare how they differ from each other.
Citi PremierMiles Visa Card offers you complimentary travel insurance of up to S$1 million. The insurance also covers your spouse and your children, if they are travelling with you on the same trip and their full fare is also charged to your Citi card. Check out the travel insurance coverage you get with Citi PremierMiles Visa Card in detail.
Accidental death or permanent disablement coverage
- Up to S$1 million for you and your spouse
- Up to S$50,000 for your dependent children
Medical expenses coverage
- Up to S$40,000 for you and your spouse, and up to S$20,000 for your child, in case of medical and accidental dental expenses incurred while travelling outside Singapore
- In case of emergency medical evacuation, you will get up to S$100,000
- Repatriation coverage of up to S$50,000
Travel inconveniences (covers cardmembers only)
- Baggage loss: Up to S$500 reimbursement per article (maximum coverage of S$1,000)
- Baggage delay: S$200 for every 8-hour consecutive delay (maximum coverage of S$500)
- Flight delay: S$100 for every 8-hour consecutive delay (maximum coverage of S$500)
- Trip cancellation: Reimbursement of up to S$500
- Trip interruption: Maximum reimbursement of S$500, if you get hospitalised for more than five consecutive days during your overseas trip
Charge your travel expenses to this luxury travel card from HSBC and get complimentary travel insurance. With coverage of up to US$2 million and various other benefits, your peace of mind while travelling is guaranteed.
- Accidental death/Total and permanent disability (public conveyance): Up to US$2 million coverage for you, up to US$1 million coverage for an accompanying adult family member, and up to US$30,000 for your child
- Accidental death/Total and permanent disability (land cover): Up to S$100,000 coverage for you and your adult family member and up to S$15,000 for your child
- Medical expenses incurred overseas: Up to S$100,000 per family
- Medical expenses incurred in Singapore post trip: Up to S$10,000 per family
- Hospitalisation allowances (overseas): Up to S$200 per day per pax (maximum coverage of S$5,000)
- Overseas hospital visit/Child care benefit: Up to S$1,000 for each benefit
- Special grant: Up to S$1,000 (lump sum payment in case of death of policyholder overseas)
Emergency medical evacuation
- Up to S$250,000 in case of medical emergency and evacuation/repatriation/repatriation of mortal remains/compassionate visit
- Trip cancellation: Up to S$10,000 coverage
- Travel delay and overseas luggage delay: Up to S$1,000 coverage for each
- Missed flight connection: Up to S$800 coverage
- Loss of luggage and trip curtailment: Up to S$5,000 for each
- Loss of travel documents: Up to S$400 coverage
- Rental car excess: Up to S$2,000
- Personal liability: S$100,000
With this card, you are covered with complimentary travel insurance of up to S$1 million, no matter where you go. You must charge all your travel expenses to your Standard Chartered Visa Infinite Credit Card to get the insurance benefits.
Accidental death or disablement
- Maximum S$1 million coverage for you and your spouse (up to 69 years of age)
- Up to S$500,000 of coverage for you and your spouse (aged 70 years and above)
- Maximum S$50,000 coverage for you and your spouse (up to 69 years of age)
- Up to S$25,000 coverage for you and your spouse (aged 70 years and above)
Travel assistance services
- Up to S$100,000 coverage, in the event of emergency medical evacuation, repatriation and medical and travel assistance
- Up to S$5,000 coverage for compassionate visit
- Outside Singapore: S$200 for every six consecutive hours (up to S$1,000)
- Within Singapore: Up to S$200 (in case of delay of at least six consecutive hours)
Loss of baggage
- Up to S$5,000 of coverage
When you charge your complete travel expense to this card, you will get complimentary travel insurance coverage of:
Up to S$1 million for you and your legal spouse
- Up to S$250,000 for your dependent child
Whether you are travelling alone, or with your spouse and children, the maximum insurance coverage you get with DBS Altitude Visa Signature Card shall not exceed S$1 million.
Enjoy stress-free travelling with complimentary travel insurance of up to S$1 million and various other benefits from American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card.
Accidental death or permanent disablement
- Up to S$1 million coverage for you, your spouse, and your child over 16 years of age
- Up to S$100,000 for your child below 16 years of age
- Baggage delay: Up to S$400 if the luggage is delayed by six hours. However, if the baggage doesn’t arrive within 48 hours, the coverage limit goes up to S$1,000.
- Flight delay: Maximum coverage of S$400. You can claim this benefit only when you book Singapore Airlines’ flight.
Use your credit card to make your travel arrangements and enjoy a hassle-free and convenient trip with complimentary travel insurance for yourself and your family.