UOB rewards programmes include cashback, cash rebate, rewards points, and air miles. Each reward programme is unique and is designed keeping in mind the requirements of different types of individuals. For instance, the air miles programme is designed for individuals who travel frequently and who would love to get rewarded with free miles on their card spend. So, whether you already own a UOB card or are planning to get one, it’s important that you understand the various rewards programmes that applies to the different cards offered by the bank. This will go a long way in helping you maximise your rewards and savings. To help you with that, we have explained all the rewards programmes offered by UOB on its cards. Read on and see how these programmes work and how to redeem the rewards that you earn as you spend.
Types of Card Rewards Offered by UOB
Cashback: These cards allow you to earn back a certain percentage of money you spend using your card. Take a look at the different rewards programmes offered under this category:
- Cash Rebate Programme: With cards like UOB One Card, you can earn cash rebate of up to 5% when you make eligible transactions and meet the minimum spending requirement. The rebate earned under this programme cannot be exchanged for cash. You can use it offset your subsequent purchases with the card. Most often, there is a period within which you must this redeem this rebate. If you fail to redeem it within that period, the rebate will be forfeited.
- SMART$ Rebate Programme: It works like the cash rebate programme, except you will be awarded with SMART$ when you make eligible transactions with your card. For instance, with the UOB Delight Credit Card, you will earn up to 10% rebate on daily essentials. This rebate will be awarded in the form of SMART$, which you can redeem instantly at more than 900 participating merchants across Singapore.
- Metro$ Rebate Programme: This programme applies to the Metro-UOB Card, which offers exclusive benefits and privileges on shopping at Metro stores. The card offers 5% rebate on all items and the rebate is credited in the form of Metro$. You can use these Metro$ to offset your subsequent purchases at the Metro stores.
Reward Points: There are certain cards that allow you to earn reward points on your spending. The points you earn are accumulated in an account and can be used to redeem for a variety of things, such as shopping vouchers, store discounts, miles, and much more. Check out the different rewards points programmes that come under this category:
- UNI$ Programme: Under this programme, you will earn UNI$1 for every S$5 spent on retail purchases. The reward rate varies from card to card and is subjected to the eligibility of transactions. For instance, with the UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card, you can up to UNI$10 for every S$5 spent on online and contactless transactions. If you have more than one UOB card on which you earn UNI$, you can combine all your points in one account.
- Instant Rewards Programme: This programme allows you to redeem your UNI$ instantly at any participating merchant/mall. For instant redemption under this programme, just show your NRIC to the customer service official as a proof of your identity. You will get a thermal receipt with the amount of the voucher mentioned on it, on the spot. The receipt can be either used for purchasing the merchant’s gift vouchers or for offsetting your bill directly.
- Frequent Flyer Programme: This programme allows you to convert your UNI$ to Asia Miles or KrisFlyer Miles. Each UNI$ is equivalent to 2 miles. Points can be converted in blocks of 10,000 miles. Each conversion will be subjected to an administrative fee.
- Miles Programme: UOB’s miles programme allows you to earn air miles for every Singapore Dollar that you spend on eligible transactions. UOB PRVI Miles Card offers up to 6 miles for every S$1 spent. The miles can be redeemed with any of UOB’s partner airline or for other rewards, as the card agreement allows.
Cashback Programmes of UOB
|Card name||Cashback earned||Cashback earned||Cashback earned||Cashback earned|
|UOB YOLO||8% rebate and 3% rebate on Grab, entertainment and dining transactions on weekends and weekdays, respectively.||3% rebate on online travel and fashion transactions.||0.3% rebate on all other spends.||-|
|UOB One Card||3.33% cash rebate for a minimum S$500 but less than S$1,000 in every month of the qualifying quarter, capped at S$50 per quarter.||3.33% cash rebate if you spend a minimum of S$1,000 but less than S$2,000 in every month of the qualifying quarter, capped at S$100 per quarter.||5% cash rebate if you spend at least S$2,000 in every month of the qualifying quarter, capped at S$300 per quarter.||-|
|UOB Delight Credit Card||SMART$ rebate of 8% if you spend at least S$800 a month on all transactions, capped at 50 SMART$ a month.*||SMART$ rebate of 3% if you spend at least S$400 a month on all transactions, capped at 50 SMART$ a month.*||SMART$ rebate of 0.3% if you spend less than S$400 a month on all transactions, capped at 50 SMART$ a month.*||3% SMART$ rebate on contactless payments and select recurring bills, if you spend at least S$400 a month on all transactions.|
|UOB JCB Card||6% cash rebate at select Japanese merchants, on minimum monthly spend of S$300.||3% cash rebate at select Japanese merchants; no minimum spend requirement.||0.3% rebate on all other retail spend.||SMART$ rebate of up to 10% at more than 400 participating merchants.|
|UOB UnionPay Card||2% cash rebate on all spend – local and overseas; no minimum spend.||-||-||-|
|Singtel-UOB Card||Cash rebate of up to S$30 per month on recurring bills Singtel.||-||-||-|
|Metro-UOB Card||Metro$ Rebates of 5% on all items purchased from Metro stores.||-||-||-|
Other Terms and Conditions Applicable on Cashback Cards:
- UOB YOLO: New customers can enjoy a bonus rebate as well for the first 3 months if they spend at least S$600 a month on the card. With bonus rebate, the weekend/weekday rebate on Grab, entertainment, and dining would be 12%. Bonus rebate is capped at S$40 a month. The total rebate, including the rebate earned on other transactions, can’t exceed S$60 a month. Online travel transactions include payments made with the card on certain travel websites, including Agoda.com, AirAsia.com, Airbnb.com, Cathaypacific.com, Expedia.com, Hotels.com, Jetstar.com, Flyscoot.com, Singaporeair.com, Tigerair.com, and UOBtravel.com. New customers can earn 12% rebate.
- UOB One Card: You must make at least 5 transactions every month during the quarter.
- UOB Delight Credit Card: *The rebate applies on purchases made at Jasons, Market Place, Cold Storage, and Giant and Guardian.
- UOB JCB Card: The maximum cash rebate you can earn in a calendar month is S$50. Payments made to charitable or religious organisations or to any government institute will not be eligible for cash rebate.
- Singtel-UOB Card: You will get 1% cash rebate of your Singtel monthly bill if it’s less than S$50, S$1 rebate if the monthly bill is between S$50 and S$99, S$3 rebate if the bill is between S$100 and S$299, S$10 rebate if the bill amount is between S$300 and S$499, and S$30 rebate if the bill amount is over S$500.
- Metro-UOB Card: The Metro$ Rebates expire within 12 months from the month in which you earned it.
How to Redeem Cash Rebates
- The cash rebate earned on both the principal card and the supplementary card will be combined and can only be used by the principal cardholder to offset the transactions made in the following month after the rebate is credited.
- You can use the rebates to get discounts at purchases made with participating merchants.
- You can’t exchange the rebate for cash or to pay off any other liability you may have.
- The cash rebate awarded to you expires in 2 years, starting from the last day of the month when it was awarded.
How to Redeem SMART$ Rebate
You can redeem your SMART$ rebate at more than 400 participating merchants across Singapore. To learn more about the participating merchants, click here.
How to Redeem Metro$ Rebate
You can exchange your Metro$ for Metro Shoppers Cheques that can be used to offset your subsequent purchases at Metro stores.
Rewards Points Programmes of UOB
|Card name||Rewards points earned||Rewards points earned||Rewards points earned|
|UOB Lady’s Card||UNI$5 for every S$5 spent on shopping at local departmental stores when you are overseas and on online shopping (with payment made in a foreign currency).||-||-|
|UOB Lady’s Solitaire Card||UNI$10 for every S$5 spent on luxury shopping, overseas shopping in non-SGD currencies.||UNI$10 for every S$5 spent on online shopping in non-SGD currencies, departmental store purchases, and taxi transactions.||-|
|UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card||UNI$10 (equivalent to 4 miles) for every S$5 spent on online transactions.||UNI$10 (equivalent to 4 miles) for every S$5 spent on contactless payments.||UNI$1 for every S$5 spent on all other retail transactions.|
|UOB Visa Signature Card||UNI$10 for every S$5 spent overseas and on contactless payments, petrol, and online shopping.||UNI$1 for every S$5 spent on all other transactions. No cap on UNI$ accumulation.||-|
Other Terms and Conditions Applicable to Rewards Points Cards:
- UOB Lady’s Card: UNI$5 includes a base reward of 1x UNI$ and bonus reward of 4x UNI$. The bonus of 4x UNI$ is subjected to a minimum spend of S$3,000 per statement cycle and maximum spend of S$5,000 per statement cycle. The maximum bonus 4x UNI$ you can earn in a statement cycle is UNI$4,000.
- UOB Lady’s Solitaire Card: UNI$10 includes a base reward of 1x UNI$ and bonus reward of 9x UNI$. The bonus of 9x UNI$ is given subject to a minimum spend of S$3,000 per statement cycle and maximum spend of S$5,000 per statement cycle. The maximum bonus 9x UNI$ you can earn in a statement cycle is UNI$9,000.
- UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card: The total UNI$ you can earn under 10x UNI$ programme is capped at UNI$2,000 per calendar month. Subsequently, every transaction will get you 1x UNI$ for every S$5 spent.
- UOB Visa Signature Card: To be eligible for 10x UNI$ rewards on foreign currency transactions, you must spend at least S$1,000 in a foreign currency in a statement month. For 10x UNI$ rewards on contactless payments and fuel, your local spend in a statement should be at least S$1,000. The maximum UNI$ you can earn under 10x UNI$ rewards programme in a statement month is UNI$4,000.
How to Redeem UNI$
You can redeem your UNI$ in any of the following ways:
- UOB Island of Rewards: You can redeem your UNI$ for products, services, shopping vouchers, and much more. Just check out the rewards catalogue, select the reward, and submit your request. It generally takes up to seven working days to process the request.
- Instant rewards redemption: There are certain participating shopping malls as well as dining and retail outlets where you can redeem UNI$ instantly. You can check out the list of instant rewards partners here.
- Frequent flyer programme: You can convert your UNI$ to Asia Miles or KrisFlyer Miles in the blocks of 10,000 miles. Each UNI$ is equivalent to 2 miles. It may take up to 21 working days to process the request. Each conversion will be subjected to a charge of S$25.
Miles Programmes of UOB
|Card name||Miles earned||Miles earned||Miles earned|
|UOB PRVI Miles Visa Card||1.4 miles for every S$1 spent in Singapore.||2.4 miles for every S$1 spent outside Singapore.||6 miles for every S$1 spent on major hotels and airlines.||-|
|UOB PRVI Miles American Express Card||1.4 miles for every S$1 spent in Singapore.||2.4 miles for every S$1 spent outside Singapore.||6 miles for every S$1 spent on major hotels and airlines.||20,000 loyalty miles when you spend at least S$50,000 in a year.|
|UOB Visa Infinite Credit Card||2 miles for every S$1 spent on shopping and dining outside Singapore & on luxury shopping in Singapore.||1.2 miles for every S$1 spent on all other retail transactions.||-||-|
Other Terms and Conditions Applicable to the Miles Cards:
- UOB PRVI Miles Visa/American Express Card: There is no minimum spend requirement and there is no cap on the miles you can earn with this card. The “6 miles for S$1 spent on major hotels and airlines” is valid for a limited time period.
- UOB Visa Infinite Credit Card: The rewards will be credited as UNI$. Each UNI$ is equivalent to 2 miles.
How to Redeem Air Miles
- You can choose to convert your rewards to KrisFlyer Miles or Asia Miles, which can be used to pay for flight tickets of Singapore Airlines/SilkAir or Cathay Pacific, respectively.
- The conversion can be done in blocks of 10,000 miles, at the rate of 2 miles for every UNI$.
- For each conversion, you will be charged a one-time administrative fee of S$25.
Understanding how these rewards programmes work will definitely help you save more as your spend with your card. However, to maximise the rewards you can earn with your card, you need to keep an eye on other offers as well. Check out some ways you can further add to your rewards:
Welcome bonus: Most card issuers offer welcome bonuses for new cardholders. This bonus could be in the form of cashback, miles, or reward points. All you have to do is keep a track of such offers and apply for the card during the promotion period.
Once your card is approved, you will get your bonus. Just make sure you know the terms and conditions applicable to the welcome bonus. For instance, some cards would require you to spend a certain minimum amount within the first few months to be eligible for the welcome bonus.
An example of welcome bonus: When you sign up for UOB PRVI Miles Card before 31 July 2018, you will get 10,000 welcome miles. To be eligible for this, you will have to spend at least S$6,000 within the first three months.
Also, if you sign up for a UOB PRVI Miles Supplementary Card before 31 July 2018, you will get 1,000 welcome miles, if you spend at least S$300 within the first month.
Card renewals: UOB also offers bonus rewards when you renew your annual membership.
An example of card renewal bonus: With UOB Visa Infinite Card, when you renew your annual membership, you will get UNI$30,000 (equivalent to 60,000 miles).
Referral bonus: With certain cards, you can also earn referral bonus when the card application of the person you have referred gets approved.