UOB Professionals Platinum Credit Card Promotions
The UOB Professionals Platinum Credit Card is a popular rewards card offered by UOB and comes with some exciting features and privileges. Let us take a look at some exclusive promotional offers associated with the card.
Discounts at AlterEgo: Get a discount of up to 10% at Alter Ego when you use your UOB Professionals Platinum credit card to make a payment. The offer is applicable on a minimum expenditure of S$80 and is valid till 1 December, 2017.
Discounts at Alchemist Beer Lab: Get discounts of up to 10% on your total bill when you use your UOB Professionals Platinum Credit Card at the Alchemist Beer Lab. The offer is valid till 1 December, 2017.
COO Bistro: Get up to 15% off on your total bill at COO Bistro when you use your UOB credit for a minimum bill amount of S$30. The offer is valid till 1 December, 2017.
Suzette: Get a 10% discount on your total bill amount with your UOB credit card at Suzette on Saturdays and Sundays. The offer is valid until 31 December, 2017.
Beer Fest Asia 2017: Get exclusive discounts on Beer Fest Asia 2017 passes with your UOB card and rejoice the Beer Fest from 17-20 August, 2017. Beer Fest Asia Terms and Conditions will hold applicable.
Bottle Shop: Enjoy up to 10% off on your total bill amount at Bottle Shop with your UOB credit card. The offer is valid till 31 December, 2017.
Food Anatomy: Spend a minimum of S$20 at Food Anatomy and get up to 10% off on your bill. The offer is valid until 1 December, 2017.
Teppei Daidokoro: Enjoy up to 10% off on your total bill at Teppei Daidokoro with your UOB credit card. The offer is valid until 14 May, 2017.
Pan Pacific and PARKROYAL: Enjoy savings of up to 30% with your UOB credit card at Pan Pacific and PARKROYAL hotels in Singapore. The offer is valid till 31 August, 2017.
UOB Professionals Platinum card
UOB Professionals Platinum credit card by UOB is designed specially for a certain class of people. The card comes with amazing perks and benefits along with high rewards. The credit card has a high eligibility criteria and yet, inexpensive. Both Singaporeans and foreigners can avail the credit card if they fulfil the eligibility criteria.
Listed below are some perks that you can avail when you apply for UOB Professionals Platinum credit card:
- The bank is currently offering S$80 cash credit when someone applies for UOB Professionals Platinum credit card and gets approved.
Features of UOB Professionals Platinum credit card
UOB Professionals Platinum credit card comes with some amazing perks and features. Listed below are the features of UOB Professionals Platinum credit card:
- It is a rewards card.
- The card is designed only for the elite class.
- Offers amazing dining privileges along with rewards that can be redeemed for free flights and upgrades.
- The card offers SMART$ rebates at more than 60 participating merchants and outlets.
- The card is available to Singaporeans and Foreigners.
- In order to be eligible for the card, one has to be a member of:
- Alumni Association
- Institution of Singapore Chartered Accountants
- Law Society of Singapore
- Singapore Medical Association
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- No annual fee for the primary card.
- Free supplementary card.
- Low interest rate.
- Hassle free application process.
- Quick processing.
- Easy and simple documentation.
UOB Professionals Platinum credit card comes with some amazing rewards. Given below are the rewards of UOB Professionals Platinum credit card in different categories:
- Earn UNI$ with every purchase you make with this uob credit card and later exchange the UNI$ for dining, shopping or travel vouchers in UOB rewards programme.
- The card offers SMART$ rebate at over 60 participating outlets.
- The UNI$ points can be collected and redeemed for free flights and travel upgrades.
Benefits of UOB Professionals Platinum credit card
Listed below are the benefits of UOB Professionals Platinum credit card:
- Offers five types of credit cards for members of different classes.
- The card offers up to SMART$ rebate at over 60 outlets.
- Provides a 0% installment payment plan with which the cardholder can enjoy installment payment at 0% interest for about 6 months.
- Offers discounts and complimentary meals/drinks when you pay with the credit card at over 1000 restaurants in Singapore.
- The card comes with various other UOB privileges.
- Exchange UNI$ rewards for free flights and other travel upgrades.
Fee and charges
|Type of fee
|Annual fee for primary card
||Free for lifetime for principal card
|Supplementary card fee
Free for the first year
First year annual fee waived off for second supplementary credit card
S$96.30 per annum for supplementary card
||25.09% per annum
|Late payment charges
||The cardholder should pay a fee of S$60 if the minimum payment isn’t made by the due date.
|Cash advance fee
||6% of cash advance amount subject to a minimum spend of S$15
|Minimum monthly payment
||3% of current balance or S$50, whichever is higher, along with any overdue amount.
|Interest on cash advance
||28% per annum
Transaction in foreign currencies
In case of transaction in foreign currencies, the cardholder is liable to pay an administrative fee of 2.5%.
How to apply for UOB Professionals Platinum credit card
One can apply for UOB Professionals Platinum credit card either online or offline. In order to apply online, the applicant can either visit the official website of UOB Singapore and apply by filling the online form or apply through third party financial websites if the provision is made. In order to apply for the card offline, the applicant can visit one of the UOB branches in Singapore and fill the form.
Eligibility criteria for UOB Professionals Platinum credit card
- Minimum age: 21 years and above
- Minimum age for supplementary applicants: Not available
- Minimum income for Singaporeans: S$30,000 per year or fixed deposit collateral of S$10,000.
- Minimum income for foreigners: S$40,000 per year or fixed deposit collateral of S$10,000
Every applicant needs to submit certain documents while applying for the credit card. Listed below are the documents that need to be submitted at the time of application:
- Passport copy
- Latest original payslip
- Last 12 months of CPF statement
Self employed individuals
- Passport copy
- 6 months latest bank statement
- Last 12 months of CPF statement
- Passport copy
- A copy of work permit
- A copy of telephone bill or utility bill
- Income Tax Notice of Assessment
- Latest payslip
Interest on UOB Professionals Platinum credit card
UOB Preferred Platinum Visa card comes at a rate of interest of 25.9% per annum. In case the cardholder fails to make the minimum payment on the credit card, 3% of the monthly outstanding balance along with outstanding minimum payment amount plus the amount in excess of the credit limit or S$50 should be paid depending on whichever is higher.
The cardholder is expected to make minimum monthly payments on the credit card. Listed below are the payment modes for UOB Professionals Platinum credit card:
- ATM- The payment can be made through savings account or current accounts or a DSB/POSB/OCBC debit/ATM card.
- Phone banking/Internet banking- The payment can be made either through UOB phone banking or UOB Personal Internet Banking.
- S.A.M Machines/ iNets/ Kiosks/ AXS-The payment can be made through any of the mentioned modes.
- InterBank GIRO- Payment will be automatically deducted from the account.
Lost/Stolen card liability
In case of stolen or lost cards, the cardholder should file a police report along with a written confirmation. The cardholder is held liable for any unauthorised purchases made on the card if the cardholder was careless to not inform the bank about the loss or theft of the credit card.
Read More Related to Credit Cards: