The Spree Credit Card is a shopping card, it is one of the best credit cards offered by Standard Chartered bank. This card is a convenient option for people who love shopping online in foreign currencies. It is a cashback credit card with no minimum monthly spend requirement.
The most prominent features of this card include online price guarantee, annual fee waiver for 2 years, 0% interest instalment plan, EasyPay, and 3% cashback on vPost purchases and online transactions in foreign currencies.
Joining Benefits/Perks of Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card
Earn up to S$138 cashback when you apply for the SC Spree Credit Card. The conditions to enjoy this are:
- You need be to a new Standard Chartered principal cardholder in order to qualify for this promotion.
- In the last 12 months, there should be no existing or cancelled SC credit card under your name.
- The eligible card needs to be activated within 30 days from the date it gets approved.
- The validity for this sign-up promotion is from 1 October to 31 December 2017.
Features of the Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card
- You can transfer funds (minimum S$1,000) at 0% interest from your SC Spree Credit Card. A one-time service fee is applicable.
- The SC Spree Credit Card has the EasyPay option. This convenient option enables you to transform your retail purchases that exceed S$500 into interest-free instalments for a period of 6 or 12 months. A one-time processing fee is applicable.
- You can compile your monthly payments into a single credit card payment with the help of the Recurring Payment Plan. You not only get to save time with this option but also earn rewards at a faster pace.
- Another striking feature of this card is the 0% Interest Instalment Plan. You can handle your finances effectively with the help of interest-free monthly instalment plans.
- S$192.60 is the annual fee and includes GST. For the initial two years, the annual fee will be waived.
- Make convenient mobile payments with the help of Apple Pay, Android Pay, Samsung Pay and more. Make contactless payments with the help of your credit card. For expenses less than S$100, signature is not needed.
- The SC Spree Credit Card comes with the CardSafe Guarantee which protects your online transactions.
Rewards of the Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card
- You get to earn cashback worth up to S$60 on a monthly basis with no minimum spend.
- You get 3% cashback on all vPost purchases and all online purchases made in foreign currency.
- All contactless and mobile payments as well as all online purchases made in local currency will earn you 2% cashback.
- On all other retail expenses you earn 1% cashback.
Benefits of the Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card
- This card offers you Online Price Guarantee. In less than 30 days of your online spend, in case the product you purchased is available for a lower price, 50% of the price difference will be refunded. The Online Price Guarantee benefit is valid from 9 October 2017 to 8 October 2018.
- With this card, you get to enjoy the Good Life special privileges. You’re entitled to exclusive offers at more than 3,000 outlets in Asia. You get several shopping, dining, travel and lifestyle benefits.
- At Lock+Store, you get 25% off on storage units. Valid till 31 October 2018.
- You can utilise vPost for air shipments to Singapore and get 20% off by using the promo code, “SCB20B”. Valid till 31 October 2018.
- Get an additional S$5 CapitaVoucher by spending at least S$80 at SingPost Centre (minimum of S$160 at the supermarket). The promotion is valid from 3 October to 31 December 2017.
- Enjoy complimentary parking at SingPost Centre by spending a minimum of S$50. This offer is valid from 3 October to 31 December 2017.
- Enjoy 5% off when you purchase at least three pieces of the same pattern from the SmartPac range. Valid till 31 October 2018.
- Enjoy 5% discount when you purchase at least three pieces of the same pattern from the Poly M range. Valid till 31 October 2018.
- Get 10% off on Speedpost Priority International Service. Valid till 31 October 2018.
Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card promotions
- Caltex 2017 promotion – Save up to 25% on your monthly fuel expenses. This promotion is valid from 1 April to 31 December 2017.
- Uber promotion – With a minimum monthly spend of S$900, you get 20% cashback on Uber fares across the globe, of up to S$50. This offer is valid till 30 September 2018.
- Get 10% off on bookings made at Hotels.com with a minimum spend of S$350. This offer is applicable for travel plans made till 31 May 2018 and the validity ends on 28 February 2018. Use the promo code, “SCBSG10”.
Instalment payment plans on the Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card
- Retail transactions exceeding S$500 can be converted into interest-free 6 or 12-month instalments. The retail expenses include both local and overseas spends in categories such as education, taxes, travel, insurance premiums, etc.
- A one-time processing charge of 5% is applicable.
- You can apply for EasyPay either through online banking or by making a call to the phone banking team (1800 747 7000).
- The processing period for an EasyPay application will be 5 to 7 working days.
0% Interest Instalment Plan
- This plan helps you manage your finances effectively. You get to choose your tenure that can go up to 36 months.
- There are no extra charges applicable in order to sign-up for this plan.
- On all expenses made on the instalment plan, you will continue to get cashback or 360° rewards points.
Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card Fee & Charges
|Type of fee
||25.9% p.a. (minimum)
|Late payment charges
|Cash advance fee
||6% of the amount withdrawn with a minimum charge of S$15
|Interest on cash advance
||0.077% per day until the transaction is paid in full
How to activate the Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card
The credit card delivered to you will be blocked for enhanced security. You need to activate your credit card either through online or SMS activation.
Online activation for local use:
- Internet banking
- The SC Mobile banking app on Apple App Store or the Android App on Google Play
SMS activation for local use:
- SMS ‘ACTCardNamelast four numbers on your card’ to 75722. Example: ACT P H Peter 5562
- If you’re using an international phone number or you’re overseas, send in your SMS to +65 9617 6495.
Online activation and deactivation for overseas use:
- Internet banking
- The SC Mobile banking app on Apple App Store or the Android App on Google Play
SMS activation for overseas use:
- SMS ‘AOTCardNamelast four numbers on your card’ to 75722.
Example: AOT H M Simon 5432
- Send in your SMS to +65 9617 6495 in case you’re overseas or using an international phone number.
- Once the card has been successfully activated, you will receive an SMS confirming the same.
- When your credit card is activated for overseas usage through an SMS, it will be valid for a period of 12 months from the activation date.
- When you want to activate your credit card for overseas usage perpetually, you can use AOTP instead of AOT.
SMS deactivation post overseas card usage:
- To disable, send SMS DOTCardNamelast four numbers on your card to 75722.
Standard Chartered Spree Card Foreign Currencies Transactions Charges
- Any foreign currency transaction other than in US dollars (USD), will be initially converted into USD and then into Singapore Dollar (SGD). USD transactions will be converted to SGD.
- Of the converted SGD amount, 1% charge will be imposed by Visa on the transaction.
- 2.5% charge of the converted Singapore Dollar amount will be imposed by Standard Chartered Bank.
- Visa will levy 1% charge on the transaction amount when Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC) is used for converting your foreign currency transactions to Singapore Dollar.
Cash Withdrawals/Cash Advance Charges (domestic and overseas)
Every cash withdrawal transactions made on your Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card will attract 6% cash advance fee with a minimum fee of S$15. This amount is applicable for each transaction and on the amount you withdraw. Additionally, on a daily basis from your transaction date 0.077% of finance charges will be levied on the amount withdrawn unless and until your cash advance amount is repaid completely.
How to apply for the Spree Credit Card?
You can sign up for the Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card via online and offline platforms. In order to apply online for the SC Spree credit card, you need to go to the Standard Chartered website and go to the Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card webpage. When you land on this page, click on “Apply Now” and finish the steps outlined in order to complete your application online successfully.
You can also visit your closest branch of the Standard Chartered bank and apply for the Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card personally.
Eligibility to Apply Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card
- Minimum age: 21 years
- Maximum age: 65 years
- S$30,000 is the minimum income required for Singaporeans and Permanent Residents.
- S$60,000 is the minimum income required for foreigners.
Employment Pass holders:
- Foreigners must have P1, P2 or Q type Singapore Employment Passes.
- People holding a Q type Singapore Employment Pass should have a minimum of one year validity left on the card.
Salaried individuals must submit:
- NRIC copy
- CPF statement for the last 6 months
- Salary slips for the last 6 months
- Latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment + most recent payslip (computerized)/6 months CPF contribution
Self-employed/variable income earners must submit:
- NRIC copy
- Copy of latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment (For being eligible to get the SC Spree Credit Card, your business needs to be functional for a minimum period of 2 years)
Commission-based earners must submit any one document from the list mentioned below along with their NRIC copy:
- Most recent 3 months’ payslip + most recent Income Tax Notice of Assessment
- Most recent 6 months CPF contribution history statement
- Most recent 3 months’ payslip
- Copy of the latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment ( Applicable for only 100% commission employees)
Foreigners are required to submit:
- Passport (Front and back photocopy)
- Employment Pass
Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card Interest Rates
25.9% p.a. is the Effective Interest Rate (EIR) charged on the SC Spree Credit Card. This is the applicable interest rate when you miss making your credit card payments within the due date. On a daily basis, finance fees will be assessed at 0.071% from the date of transaction for all transactions until and unless you make full payment for all transactions on a specific date.
When you consider making complete outstanding payments versus partial or minimum payments, you will be entitled to an interest-free credit period.
Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card Repayments
For the Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card, the minimum monthly repayment applicable is either of the following options:
- 1% of your principal due + interest, other applicable charges and fees, any past due or overlimit amount
The minimum monthly repayment amount payable depends on which of the amounts mentioned above is of a greater value.
You can make your credit card payments with the help of the below options:
- Online Banking
- At any Standard Chartered Bank branch
- Interbank GIRO
- Phone Banking
Lost/stolen card liability – look at terms and conditions of the card
Before you notify the bank regarding the loss, theft or disclosure of PIN number of your credit card to an unknown party, you can be penalized for any kind of fraudulent/unauthorised transaction on your card.
Nevertheless, when you comply with the conditions mentioned below, your liability will be restricted to a maximum of S$100:
- You need to intimate the bank as soon as your card is lost, stolen or the pin number is disclosed to an unauthorised party.
- You help the Standard Chartered bank in recuperating the details for the unapproved payments made on your credit card.
- You submit a statutory declaration or police report to the bank in the required format.
- You convince the bank representative that the theft, loss or revelation of your card PIN has not happened due to your carelessness.
Card protection schemes
The transactions on your Spree Credit Card can be protected with the help of an option called “CardSafe Guarantee”. Several features are included in this scheme.
- SMS alerts – For all transactions made using your card, you will get an SMS notifying the same. You can also choose to get an SMS alert when a threshold amount set by you is exceeded.
- OTP – You can use this feature on all secure 3-D online proceedings. With this feature, you will get a One Time Password (OTP) for authentication purposes. The OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number through SMS. After the authentication is successful, with the help of the OTP you can complete your online transaction.
- Round-the-Clock Protection – Standard Chartered Bank’s fraud detection system is available 24 hours a day. In case the bank executives get suspicious about any transaction on your credit card, they will immediately contact you to authenticate the same.
Reporting lost/stolen credit cards
When your Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card is stolen, lost or the pin number has been shared with an unauthorised party, you need to intimate the bank representatives immediately. A toll-free local hotline number is available for local calls. To make calls outside Singapore, you need to use an overseas hotline number.