With Standard Chartered Bank (SCB) cards you can earn rewards points, miles, cashback or cash rebates which you can then use to offset your card bills, offset your future purchases, enjoy travel benefits or redeem for gifts. If you have chosen a rewards card such as the Standard Chartered Rewards+ Credit Card, you can earn rewards points at different rates depending on the nature of your transaction. With a cashback card such as the Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Card, you can earn cashback on eligible spends without any cap or minimum spend requirement. With the Standard Chartered Visa Infinite Credit Card, you can earn 3 miles for every S$1 when you meet a minimum spend criterion in the relevant billing cycle.
The bank also runs a rewards programme called the 360° Rewards Programme that rewards you for your relationship with the bank and also for your card spends. So, you can earn bonus points additionally on your eligible card spends when you also have other banking relationships such as a current account with the bank. This programme is only applicable on certain cards.
Types of Card Rewards Offered by Standard Chartered Bank
Standard Chartered offers the following rewards on its cards:
Cashback: When you charge your eligible purchases to your cashback cards, cashback will be credited to your card account. You can use the cashback to offset or downsize your card bills. While some cards don’t have a cap on cashback earnings or a minimum spend criterion, others do. Some of the common spend categories on which you can earn cashback are local spends, foreign currency spends, vPost spends, mobile transactions, contactless and online payments, and other retail spends.
Transactions such as card bill payments, payments of other recurring bills, AXS or ATM transactions, credit card transactions that have been cancelled or have been deemed void, tax refunds, balance/funds transfers, EZ-Pay/EZ-Link, interest-free instalment payments, payment of insurance premiums, and topping up of cash cards/prepaid cards, won’t usually earn you cashback.
360° Rewards Programme: When you use a Standard Chartered rewards card, you can earn reward points for every dollar spent on eligible transactions under the 360° Rewards Programme. If you’re the principal cardholder of such a card, only you can use the rewards points earned on the principal and supplementary card accounts.
You may convert your points into cash rewards, air miles under a mileage transfer programme, or gift vouchers, as specified by the bank under the relevant terms and conditions listed on its website. Refer to the bank’s online rewards portal to check the complete list of rewards available, the validity periods, points required, rewards codes, and the mode of delivery. Shopping or dining vouchers will be delivered to your registered mailing address. If you choose to convert your points to air miles, they will be credited to your individual membership account under the airline loyalty programme you have chosen. Check your monthly card statement to find out the expiry date of your accumulated rewards points.
Miles Transfer Programme: If you choose to convert all or a portion of your rewards points into air miles under a partner airline loyalty programme you’re registered with, points will be credited to your individual account, subject to availability of the required number of points in your rewards account. A transfer fee of S$25 will also apply on the conversion.
The conversion rates will vary depending on the airline loyalty programme you have chosen and your card. Generally, 5 to 7 days may be needed for processing your conversion request, barring technical glitches or other unforeseen issues.
You’ll have to log in to the rewards redemption portal to effect a redemption. Once you’re logged in, select the reward of your choice, add it to the redemption cart and then confirm the order at the time of checkout.
Cashback Programmes of Standard Chartered Bank
The bank offers cashback on the following cards:
|Unlimited Cashback Credit Card
||3% cashback on all your foreign currency spends for the first 3 months after your card approval.
||1.5% cashback on all eligible spends charged to your card.
|Spree Credit Card
||3% cashback on purchases made online in foreign currency and on vPost transactions.
||2% cashback on online transactions made in Singapore dollars, mobile payments, and contactless payments.
||1% cashback on all other spends (retail ) with this card.
|MANHATTAN Platinum/World Mastercard
||0.5% cashback on total eligible monthly spends below S$1,000.
||1% cashback on eligible monthly spends exceeding S$1,000 but below S$3,000.
||3% cashback on total eligible monthly spend exceeding or equal to S$3,000.
|MANHATTAN $500 Card
||0.25% cashback on all eligible spends.
Some Other Facts You Should Keep in Mind:
Unlimited Cashback Credit Card: If you sign up for a card before 30 June 2018, you’ll get 3% cashback on all your foreign currency spends within the first 3 months of approval. This includes the 1.5% cashback you get on your other eligible spends.
Spree Credit Card:
- The maximum cashback you can earn in a statement cycle is S$60.
- Cashback earned on either the principal card or the supplementary card(s) will be credited to the principal card account.
- Cashback is computed on a monthly basis based on your statement date. Cashback will be calculated for every eligible transaction, correct to two decimal places.
- Cashback earned will automatically be used to offset the card bill in the following month.
MANHATTAN Platinum/World Mastercard: You can earn a maximum of S$200 in a single quarterly cycle or over a period of 3 consecutive months. These quarters needn’t be calendar quarters. The annual cashback cap stands at S$800.
MANHATTAN $500 Card: Cashback will be calculated on a monthly basis depending on your statement date. The dates on which your transactions are posted, will be considered for cashback calculation purposes.
Rewards Points Programmes of Standard Chartered Bank
Earn rewards points on eligible spends under the 360° Rewards Programme for the following cards:
||Rewards Points Earned
||Rewards Points Earned
||Rewards Points Earned
|Rewards+ Credit Card
||Up to 10x rewards points for every S$1 equivalent you spend in foreign currency on overseas retail, travel, and dining.
||Up to 5x rewards points per S$1 spent using this card to pay for your local dining transactions.
||1x rewards points for every S$1 you spend on eligible transactions.
|Prudential Platinum Card
||1x point for every S$1 you charge to your card on eligible spends.
|NUS Alumni Platinum Card
||1 rewards point for every S$1 you spend on eligible transactions.
|Visa Infinite Credit Card
||If you’re a priority banking client, you can earn rewards points under the 360° Rewards Programme.
||Rewards points for paying your income tax through this card.
|Platinum Visa/Mastercard Credit Card
||1 rewards point for every S$1 you charge to your card.
||2x rewards points per dollar when you spend on eligible transactions and also have a current account with Standard Chartered.
||300 additional rewards points every month if you have a deposit account, an investment account, a mortgage account or a similar relationship with the bank.
|PruPrestige Visa Signature Credit Card
||1.5 rewards points for every S$1 you charge to your card in eligible spends.
|Priority Visa Infinite Credit Card
||360° Rewards Programme: 2.5 points per S$1 on eligible spends. Additional rewards on maintaining a banking relationship with Standard Chartered.
Other Important Points:
Rewards+ Credit Card: There is no minimum spend criterion to earn rewards points. Check the relevant terms and conditions on the bank’s website for more details.
Prudential Platinum Card: You can redeem your points for rewards which you can choose from the redemption portal, or use your points to offset premiums you have paid for your Prudential insurance plans.
Visa Infinite Credit Card: Under the 360° Rewards Programme, Priority banking customers can earn additional rewards for having a current or savings account, one of the selected mortgage loans, certain investment schemes, and fixed deposits. To enjoy this benefit, you’ll have to spend at least S$500 on your card. The points earned under this programme will never expire.
Platinum Visa/Mastercard Credit Card: To earn the 300 additional points, you’ll have to spend at least S$250 on eligible transactions in a calendar month on your credit card.
PruPrestige Visa Signature Credit Card: You can either redeem the points for a reward from the rewards redemption portal or use the points to pay for the premium of your Prudential insurance policy/policies.
Priority Visa Infinite Credit Card: As a Priority Banking customer, you’ll get:
- 10 bonus points every month for maintaining an average balance of S$10,000 in your current or savings account.
- 10 bonus points per month for every outstanding balance of S$10,000 on a mortgage loan.
- 25 points per month for every Asset Under Management worth S$10,000 on an average.
- 10 bonus rewards points per month for every $10,000 average balance on a fixed deposit account.
How to Redeem 360° Rewards Points
Points earned under the 360° programme can be redeemed in the following manner:
- You can redeem your earned points for cashback, air miles or other rewards available on the redemption portal.
- Refer to the full list of rewards on the online redemption catalogue. The list is usually refreshed by the bank every quarter and usually has a range of rewards with set expiry dates.
- To check your points balance, status of current and past redemption requests, and to make new redemptions, you’ll have to log in to your rewards account with your credentials.
- You may use the search feature or quick search function to narrow down the list of rewards and choose the one that you want. Get in touch with the customer care if you need further assistance.
- You can check the reward code, the number of points needed for redemption, the validity of the offer, and the value of the reward. If it’s a gift voucher, it will generally be mailed to your registered mailing address.
- For dining and hotel vouchers, you may have to make reservations in advance. Refer to the details on your voucher and the merchant’s terms and conditions for more clarity.
- You’ll also find the merchant details on the redemption portal. A link to their website or terms and conditions may also be available.
- You can’t transfer your vouchers to a third party or person except for a supplementary member of your card account.
- You may have to present your Standard Chartered credit card along with the redemption voucher at the point of redemption as proof of identity/eligibility.
- Usually no minimum purchase requirement exists in relation to use of your voucher. Also, multiple vouchers may be used together, unless stated otherwise.
- The bank reserves the right to charge S$10 as service fee and the full retail value of a voucher that you have reported as lost or unusable due to tear or defacement.
- Disqualification of a supplementary cardholder from the 360° Rewards Programme doesn’t automatically disqualify you, the principal cardholder, unless stated otherwise by the bank.
- Your gift voucher will usually reach your mailing address within 14 business days from the time of redemption, barring technical glitches or other unforeseen circumstances. Cash rewards, will generally be processed within 10 working days.
- If you fall short of points at the time of online redemption, you’ll have the option to top up your account i.e. purchase the required number of points and complete the checkout.
- A fee of S$10 will be levied if you wish to transfer your points to a family member or a friend with a Standard Chartered card. You may choose up to 5 nominees.
Miles Programme by Standard Chartered Bank
The bank doesn’t offer miles directly on any of its cards. However, you may choose to convert the rewards points earned on your rewards cards into miles, if you so choose, using a miles transfer programme.
|Visa Infinite Credit Card
||3 miles per S$1 spent overseas.
||1.4 miles per S$1 spent locally.
|Priority Visa Infinite Credit Card
||Get 1 mile (equivalent to 2.5 points) on every S$1 spent on this card.
Other Things You Must Know:
Visa Infinite Credit Card:
- You will earn 3 miles and 1.4 miles on overseas and local transactions, respectively, only if you spend at least S$2,000 on all eligible retail transactions in the relevant statement cycle. Otherwise you will earn 1 mile(=2.5 points) on all spends.
- The miles, reflected in your statement, will be offered in the form of rewards points. Reward points earned will be credited to your account within 5 days from the end of the statement month in which the qualifying transactions were posted.
How to Redeem Air Miles
- Check the rewards redemption portal for the current offers/rewards.
- You’ll have to log into your rewards redemption account if you want to check the number of points you have in your account, check the status of your current and past redemption requests, or if you want to make a new redemption.
- You can only participate in a particular mileage transfer programme if you’re a principal cardholder.
- To enrol in the Standard Chartered Mileage Transfer Asia Miles Programme, you’ll have to pay an annual enrolment fee of S$20, which will be debited from your credit card account.
- There is no enrolment fee for the Standard Chartered Mileage Transfer Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Programme.
- You’ll need to be enrolled in the loyalty programme of the respective airline, too. That means you’ll need to have an account with the airline and also ensure that you fulfil their terms and conditions.
- If you’re enrolled in the Asia Miles Programme, you can redeem 5 points for 2 miles.
- If you’re enrolled in the KrisFlyer Programme, you can redeem 5 points for 2 miles if you have a Visa Infinite card and 7 points for 2 miles if you have any other Standard Chartered card eligible for 360° rewards.
- Points can be converted into miles under the Asia Miles Programme in blocks of 2,500 points.
- Points can be converted into miles under the Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Programme in blocks of 2,500 points for the Visa Infinite Credit Card and 3,500 points for all other cards that earn rewards under the 360° Rewards Programme.
- A transfer fee of S$25 will be levied for converting points to miles. The transfer from points to miles will usually happen within 7 working days if you choose the KrisFlyer Programme and up to 3 weeks if you choose the Asia Miles Programme. Check with the airline to confirm the success of a transfer.
- Miles will be credited to the individual account you have under the loyalty programme run by the airline of your choice.
- You can check the points required and the equivalent miles under a particular airlines loyalty programme from the redemption portal. Not all air miles offers may be valid for all Standard Chartered cards. Don’t forget to check the code for a particular reward.
- The bank may set limits on the number of points you can convert to miles under a particular offer. Refer to the bank’s redemption website for more information.
It’s Rewards Galore With Standard Chartered
In recognition of your relationship with the bank, it also offers you rewards on other types of transactions. Some of the other ways in which you may be rewarded are as follows:
Sign-up offers: The bank may offer welcome gifts in the form of cashback or rewards points if your application for a card gets approved. It may, however, impose additional conditions. If you sign up for an eligible card before 30 June 2018 and make 5 qualifying transactions on the mobile wallet to which your card is linked, you’ll receive a cashback of up to S$120. This date may be extended by the bank. Check with the bank to get more details. If you apply for a second card successfully, you may get cashback of up to S$20 additionally. If you sign up for the Visa Infinite Credit Card within the qualifying period, you’ll receive 35,000 miles in the form of 87,500 rewards points or 15,000 miles in the form of 37,500 rewards points and a Samsonite luggage.
Referral programmes: The bank encourages you to introduce your friends and family members to the benefits of owning Standard Chartered cards, by rewarding you. It launches and runs referral programmes from time to time. It had recently run a Member-Get-Member Programme on credit cards from 23 April 2018 to 31 May 2018. As an existing customer who successfully made a referral, you would have got up to S$50 in cashback per referral, irrespective of the number of cards the referred candidate had applied for, and subject to other terms and conditions.
Using services or products from a partner brand: The bank offers cashback and other rewards from time to time for using your Standard Chartered card to pay for services or products from a partner merchant. Currently, a Grab offer is available. If you spend at least S$900 in a month on eligible retail transactions, you’ll be eligible for 20% cashback on Grab rides, in Singapore or abroad. This offer is valid till 31 July 2018. Cashback will be capped at S$30 per month per cardholder. This offer is valid on all Standard Chartered cards.
Through the 360° Rewards Programme, the bank rewards you not just on your card spends but also for maintaining a transactional relationship with the bank in addition to your credit card account. So, you’ll earn points every month on top of what you earn on eligible card spends, to enjoy more value for money.