SAFRA DBS Credit Card holders can enjoy lifestyle benefits, from both DBS bank offers and SAFRA network partners. This is a rebates or cashback credit card which enables you to earn rebates on all your transactions. You can also enjoy complimentary access to SAFRA clubhouses across Singapore.
A few features of the SAFRA DBS Card are listed below:
- There is no annual fee if you are a SAFRA member. But the fee for this membership is applicable.
- This credit card has a special feature called MasterCard Contactless, where you can complete your transactions with a simple tap without any signature. The transactions have to be lower than S$100. This feature is accepted at more than 30,000 merchants across Singapore.
- This card can be used as an all-in-one card. You can use it as a credit card, NETS FlashPay Card, an ATM card, or a SAFRA membership card. This will enable you to use one password/PIN for multiple payments.
- Top up the NETS FlashPay card and pay with a simple tap. You can use this card for rides on CityCab, Comfort, car park charges, retail purchases, and at the ERP gantry.
- You can also register your card to pay for rides with a simple tap. Here, top-up is not required; you can use this facility in public buses, MRT/LRT, and also on MasterCard contactless.
This card enables you to use 6 SAFRA Clubs for free across Singapore, where you can also use facilities like gyms, swimming pools, etc. The list of SAFRA Clubs available are:
- SAFRA Jurong
- SAFRA Mount Faber
- SAFRA Yishun
- SAFRA Punggol
- SAFRA Toa Payoh
- SAFRA Tampines
SAFRAPOINTS: Enjoy SAFRAPOINT rewards while spending at participating merchants. You can earn 1 SAFRAPOINT for each dollar you spend at selected stores and SAFRA facilities. These points are apart from the cash rebate. You have an option to redeem the SAFRAPOINTS that you have earned for a variety of vouchers, products, and services.
- You can enjoy a cashback of S$10 when you apply for SAFRA DBS Card online. You need to apply before 28 February 2018 to get this sign-up offer. After your first contactless transaction with a minimum amount of S$100, you will receive the cashback. Your first transaction must be done within the first month, which starts from the card approval date.
- With every S$50 gross fuel purchase at Esso, you can get S$5 off on Abalone gifts from Skylight and New Moon. This offer valid only upto 28 February 2018.
- You can enjoy up to 7GB internet data at just S$28, if you sign-up for Circles. Life plan and pay using any of your DBS card. This offer expires on 15 April 2018. As you sign-up for Circles. Life plan, you will get S$20 off on the registration fees. For more insights on this promotion you can visit DBS Bank’s official website.
What you get:
- 3% cash rebate on MasterCard contactless transactions that is done locally.
- 3% cash rebate for your online transactions.
- 0.3% cash rebate for your other purchases like retail spends.
- Enjoy extra savings by consolidating your entire monthly spends on SAFRA DBS Credit Card.
How to redeem:
- Rebates will be given as SAFRA$. Here, 1 SAFRA$ means S$1.
- The SAFRA$ that you earn can be used to offset your spends at various places like 6 SAFRA Clubs and other participating outlets across Singapore. This is an instant redemption.
- You can also redeem your SAFRA$ online. You must login to your internet banking portal and redeem for KrisFlyer miles. You can also offset against your credit card bill.
Charges and details:
- You are eligible for 3% and 0.3% cash rebate only if you spend at least S$500 within a calendar month.
- You can only earn up to a maximum of 50 SAFRA$ per calendar month per card.
- The SAFRA$ that you earn will expire within 1 year.
Credit score grade of AA? What are you waiting for?? Apply for a credit card already!Apply Now
Instalment Payment Plans
- Buy what you want for 0% interest at participating merchants across Singapore. These merchants include Autobann Motors, Lifespa, Spa Elements, NUSS, BEST Denki, Club 21, IKEA, MSIG Insurance, SK Jewellery, CFG Clinics, Amara Sentosa and Fairprice Xtra.
- You can start the payment plan at participating outlets by enquiring about the plan at the store before you purchase.
- The payment plans are spread through 3, 6, 12, 18, and 24 months.
- You get up to 100% savings when you go for My Preferred Payment Plan. With this plan you can split your payment at interest rate of 0% and for less processing fee up to 24 months.
- If you want to cancel your IPP, you’ll have to pay a fee of S$150.
Fees and Charges
||There is no annual fee if you are a SAFRA member, but the SAFRA membership fee is applicable.
||25.90% p.a. – minimum S$2.50
|Late payment charges
||S$100 for outstanding balance of S$50.01 and above
|Cash advance fee
||6% of the amount that is withdrawn and the minimum charge is S$15
|Interest on cash advance
||28% p.a. (applicable minimum charge is S$2.50)
||2.8% of the amount for foreign currency transaction
How to Activate/Use SAFRA DBS MasterCard Overseas
Principal cardholders and the supplementary cardholders need to activate their cards before use. You can activate your SAFRA DBS Credit Card in the following ways:
- You can send an SMS to 77767 in the format: Activate card's last 4 digits.
- If you have a foreign registered number, you must use DBS mobile app or iBanking to activate your credit card.
- To use DBS digibank mobile app, login to your app with your user ID and password, under ‘card services’ you will find an option ‘activate credit card’. Click on that and follow the instructions to complete your card activation.
- If you are using iBanking, login using your user ID and password. Under the tab ‘Cards’ there is an option ‘Card Activation’, select the card that you want to activate and submit your request.
- You can activate your card even at ATM centres. Card activation at ATM is available only between 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. from Monday to Saturday and between 7:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. on Sundays and public holidays. Firstly, insert your card with your PIN, then go to ‘Cards/PIN/iBanking/Phone banking’, then select ‘Activate Card’ to complete your card activation.
- If you are not in Singapore and want to activate your credit card, then there are 3 ways:
- Use iBanking.
- You can request for card activation by calling to DBS hotline service which is available 24-hours, only if you have a telephone PIN. The hotline service number is +65 6327 2265.
- You can also send an email of activation slip to DBS bank which is enclosed in the Card mailer.
In order to compliance with the standard security measures the magnetic stripe on your DBS credit card is disabled for overseas use. When you want to use your SAFRA DBS Credit Card overseas, you must enable the magnetic stripe of your card before travelling. However, if the magnetic stripe is not activated you can still use your credit card overseas but only at terminals/ATMs where EMV chip is enabled. You can enable the magnetic stripe in the following ways:
- Digibank app
- ATM centres in Singapore (DBS/POSB)
Foreign Currency Transactions
- All the transactions done in US dollars will directly be converted to Singapore dollars. And, all the transactions done in other currencies (except USD) will be first converted to US dollars and then to Singapore dollars.
- The card network decides the rate of conversion. Generally, rate of conversion is depending on the rate mandated by the government or interbank wholesale rate.
- A conversion factor of 1% of the amount that is converted is applicable on all foreign charges converted by MasterCard.
- As said earlier, the administrative fee for transactions made in foreign currency is 1.8% of the amount being transacted in foreign currency (for Mastercard) and 1% administrative fee levied by the bank.
- Dynamic Currency Conversion will have 1% as administrative fee on the amount converted to Singapore dollars levied by MasterCard.
Cash Advance/Cash Withdrawals
If you take a cash advance from your SAFRA DBS Debit Card, you will be charged with a cash advance fee of 6% of the amount withdrawn for each transaction (minimum cash advance fee is S$15 per withdrawal). You are also liable for an interest on cash advance at the rate of 28% p.a. (minimum charge is S$2.5). This interest is calculated on daily basis starting from the date of withdrawal till the date you make the complete payment.
How to apply for the SAFRA DBS MasterCard
You can apply online for SAFRA DBS MasterCard. You will be asked to fill an online application form, after which you must upload the documents required for the card. Then submit your application to the bank. You can also access your application form online by visiting DBS bank’s official web page and clicking on ‘Apply Now’.
Given below are the qualifying criteria for SAFRA DBS MasterCard:
- You must have a minimum age of 21 years.
- You must be an existing SAFRA member. If your application is rejected by the bank, then you will be issued a SAFRA membership card.
- For Singaporeans and Permanent Residents, the minimum income requirement is S$30,000 p.a.
The documents for employees who get salary are:
- NRIC copy (front & back).
- Past 12 months history of CPF contribution.
- Income Tax Notice of Assessment (latest – 1 year) for income proof or computerised payslip (latest-3 months).
- DBS or POSB account details where your salary is credited.
The documents for variable income or commission based employees:
- NRIC copy (front & back).
- Past 12 months history of CPF contribution or Income Tax Notice of Assessment (latest – 2 years).
The documents for self-employed people are:
- NRIC copy (front & back).
- Income Tax Notice of Assessment (latest – 2 years).
You will have to pay an interest at the rate of 25.90% p.a. for SAFRA DBS MasterCard. If you do not make complete payments of your credit card bill the rate of interest will compound. Until you do the full payment, the interest will be charged on daily basis starting from the transaction date till the date of complete payment. The minimum amount that is leviable is S$2.50. There won’t be any interest charged for your credit card transaction if you pay your card bill in full payment before the due date.
The minimum amount to be repaid for this credit card is S$50 or 3% of the outstanding balance in your statement (whichever is greater). The amount used beyond your credit limit will also be added to this calculation. If you fail to make the payment for minimum amount within the specified due date, then an extra 3% interest is added to your current interest rate of 25.90% p.a. (a total of 28.90% p.a.). It is continually applicable on your next credit card statements until you pay the full bill.
What to do if the card is lost/stolen?
If you lose your DBS credit card, if it is stolen or if the card PIN is disclosed, you need notify this to DBS Bank immediately. You will be liable to pay maximum up to S$100 for any unauthorised transaction carried on your card that is lost/stolen before you notify the incident to the bank. But, this is applicable only upon successfully notifying DBS Bank about the incident. After notifying the bank, all further unauthorised transactions will be taken care by the bank.
In order to report the loss of your DBS credit card or if your card is stolen, you can call DBS Customer Service. Visit the bank’s official website for Singapore to get the Customer Service hotline number. While reporting your lost/stolen credit card, you can request for a replacement. You have to file a police complaint in this regard and support the bank in recovering the unauthorised transactions made on your card. A written confirmation about the incident along with a police complaint copy must be provided to the bank. DBS must be satisfied about the loss/theft/disclosure of PIN of your credit card is not an intent to default or a direct result of your negligence.
Similar Cards from DBS Bank
The list of rebates credit cards issued by DBS bank are:
Cards Similar to SAFRA DBS Credit Card