OCBC cards are designed to give you rewards when you use them for transactions. You get some of these rewards when you spend on all purchases while others are given only when you shop at participating merchants. These rewards come in the form of OCBC$, cashback, rebates, and VOYAGE miles. You can redeem these rewards to get discounts on future purchases. OCBC aims at making using their services a truly rewarding experience for you. While cashback gets instantly credited into your account, reward points, miles and rebates can be accumulated and redeemed against future purchases at participating merchants in Singapore and abroad. You can accumulate miles to get discounts on flight tickets and hotels bookings.
Types of Card Rewards Offered by OCBC
OCBC offers the following rewards programmes on its cards:
- Cashback: OCBC account holders who have the OCBC 365 Credit Card are eligible to get 6% cashback on local weekend dining spends. You also get a cashback of 3% when you dine at local restaurants during the week, and also on your dining expenses when you travel abroad. This card also offers you 3% cashback on online shopping related to travel, Grab rides, movie ticket bookings, and fashion, and also on grocery shopping at multiple supermarkets on the island, and recurring telecom bills from M1, StarHub, and SingTel. Also, you can get 0.3% on all other spends. Trustees of Child Development Accounts (CDA) get an additional benefit of 3% cashback on medical expenditure incurred over the counter at hospitals, clinics, dental clinics, and for cord blood banking. The bank also offers you a cashback of up to S$150 when you apply for this card, till 31 July 2018.
- Cash Rebates: OCBC offers rebates when you shop or spend using certain credit cards.
- OCBC Cashflo Credit Card/OCBC Great Eastern Cashflo Credit Card: These cards gives you a cash rebate of 1% if you spend more than S$1,000 a month. If your monthly bills total less than S$1,000, you will get a cash rebate of 0.5%. With the OCBC Great Eastern Cashflo Credit Card, you will also earn 1% cash rebate on select Great Eastern insurance policies.
- FRANK Credit Card: The FRANK Credit Card offers you 6% cash rebate when you spend online for clothes, flights, gadgets, hotels, movie tickets, and Grab rides. It also gives you 5% cash rebate on eligible entertainment spends from Friday to Sunday and 3% for the rest of the days. You also get a 3% rebate on the first 2 auto top-ups you make for your NETS FlashPay.
- OCBC Plus! Visa Card: Get 7% rebate on purchases at FairPrice, Warehouse Club, and Unity. Also, get a rebate of 3% at FairPrice On.
- NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card: This card offers you a 12% rebate on all purchases at FairPrice and Unity.
- OCBC Robinsons Group Credit Card: This card gives you a rebate of 5% on your retail shopping purchases across 18 brands at more than 80 stores. It also offers you a 10% rebate when you shop at certain stores, subject to minimum spends.
- OCBC BEST Denki Credit Card: The OCBC BEST Denki Credit Card gives you rebates of up to 2.5% when you use the card to pay for purchases at retail outlets of BEST Denki.
- Reward Points: You can get rewards points, OCBC$, LinkPoints, Rob$ and BEST Rewards when you use certain OCBC cards to pay for a wide range of expenses at participating merchants, both in Singapore and abroad. These purchases can be made either at retail stores or online. The following is a list of OCBC credit cards that offer rewards points in Singapore:
- OCBC Titanium Rewards Card: This card helps you get 10x OCBC$ for each S$1 you spend on clothes, bags, shoes, personal care products, department stores, children’s and babies’ wear, and electronics and gadgets.
- OCBC Arts Credit Card: This credit card offers 3x OCBC$ when you purchase SISTIC tickets.
- OCBC Platinum Credit Card: With this card you can earn 1 OCBC$ for every S$1 you charge on it.
- NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card: This card gives you LinkPoints when you use it to pay for purchases at merchants such as Popular, Caltex, and more.
- OCBC BEST Denki Credit Card: This card also gives you BEST Rewards of 12% when you shop at BEST Denki outlets.
- OCBC Robinsons Group Credit Card: Get Rob$ when you spend on purchases made outside of the brands eligible for this card.
- VOYAGE Miles: The OCBC VOYAGE Card offers VOYAGE Miles when you use it to pay for eligible purchases. You can get 2.3 VOYAGE Miles for each S$1 you spend in foreign currency, 1.6 VOYAGE Miles per S$1 you spend at local restaurants, and 1.2 VOYAGE Miles on other eligible local retail transactions.
Cashback Programme of OCBC
OCBC offers cashback on the OCBC 365 Credit Card in the following ways:
|Card Name||Cashback Earned||Cashback Earned||Cashback Earned||Cashback Earned|
|OCBC 365 Credit Card||8% cashback on weekend dining.||5% cashback on fuel purchases at all fuel stations except Caltex.||3% cashback on weekday dining, overseas dining, online shopping, grocery spends, CDA Trustees, and recurring telecom bills.||0.3% cashback on all other transactions.|
Other terms and conditions for the OCBC 365 Credit Card:
- The base cashback rate offered on all spends is 0.3%. To earn additional cashback on the various categories mentioned above, you must spend a minimum of S$600 every month.
- The amount of cashback you can accumulate every month is capped at S$80 per month.
- The cashback on online shopping applies to transactions related to travel, movie tickets, Grab rides, fashion, and more.
Cash Rebate Programme of OCBC
OCBC’s cash rebate programme involves the following cards and their respective rewards:
|Card Name||Cash Rebate Earned||Cash Rebate Earned||Cash Rebate Earned||Cash Rebate Earned|
|OCBC Cashflo Credit Card||0.5% cash rebate on all purchases on monthly spend up to S$1,000.||1% cash rebate on all purchases on monthly spend of S$1,000 and above.|
|OCBC Great Eastern Cashflo Credit Card||0.5% cash rebate on all purchases on monthly spend up to S$1,000.||1% cash rebate on all purchases on monthly spend of S$1,000 and above.||1% cash rebate on select Great Eastern Life and General insurance plans.|
|FRANK Credit Card||6% on online shopping transactions.||Up to 5% on entertainment spends.||3% on the first 2 auto top-ups for NETS FlashPay.||0.3% rebate on all other transactions.|
|OCBC Plus! Visa Card||7% rebate on purchases at Warehouse Club, FairPrice and Unity.||3% rebate on purchases at FairPrice On.|
|NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card||12% rebate on all purchases at FairPrice & Unity.||Up to 8% rebate on FairPrice On.|
|OCBC Robinsons Group Credit Card||5% rebate on purchases at 18 specified retail brands.||10% rebate when you buy from Marks & Spencer and Robinsons.|
|OCBC BEST Denki Credit Card||Up to 2.5% rebates at BEST Denki retail stores.|
Other Terms & Conditions for the Cash Rebate Programme of OCBC:
- OCBC Cashflo Credit Card and Great Eastern Cashflo Credit Card: 1% rebate accumulation is capped at S$100 every month.
- FRANK Credit Card: Online shopping transactions include spends on gadgets, clothes, movies tickets, hotels and flights, and Grab rides. You get 3% rebate on entertainment spends from Mondays to Thursdays and 5% from Fridays to Sundays. The maximum rebate you can accumulate is capped at S$60 per month. The minimum spend required per month on the card is S$400 on offline transactions. This does not include transactions related to top-ups for NETS FlashPay, EZ-Link, online purchases, and Transit Link expenses.
- OCBC Plus! Visa Card: The minimum required spend every month is S$500 on non-FairPrice transactions (includes FairPrice/FairPrice On, Unity and Warehouse Club) to earn 7% rebate on FairPrice/Unity/Warehouse Club and 3% rebate on FairPrice On transactions.
- NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card: The 12% rebate on FairPrice/Unity/Warehouse Club and 8% renate on FairPrice On transactions will be given only if you spend on Visa transactions of at least S$400 per month on non-FairPrice transactions (includes FairPrice/FairPrice On, Unity and Warehouse Club).
- OCBC Robinsons Group Credit Card: For the 5% rebate, there is no minimum spend requirement. There is also no cap on the amount of rebates you can accumulate. You will be eligible for the 10% rebate only if you spend at least S$5,000 at Marks & Spencer and Robinsons in either of the periods January to June or July to December.
- OCBC BEST Denki Credit Card: For annual spends equal to or more than S$10,000 and less than S$20,000, you will get a cash rebate of 2%. If your annual spend is more than S$20,000, you will be eligible for a rebate of 2.5%.
How to Redeem OCBC Rebates
You can use the rebates you accumulate to get discounts on purchases and bills with participating merchants in Singapore.
Rewards Points Programme of OCBC
The rewards points offered on various OCBC credit cards are given below:
|Card Name||Rewards Earned||Rewards Earned||Rewards Earned||Rewards Earned|
|OCBC Titanium Rewards Card||10x OCBC$ for every S$1 spent on local transactions.||10x OCBC$ for every S$1 spent on overseas transactions.||10x OCBC$ for every S$1 spent on mobile payment transactions.|
|OCBC Arts Credit Card||3x OCBC$ on SISTIC ticket purchases.|
|OCBC Platinum Credit Card||1 OCBC$ for every S$1 you spend on any transaction.|
|Plus! Visa Credit Cards||4.5 LinkPoints for every S$1 you spend at Popular.||LinkPoints of 1% on membership fee for Union, and on SingTel, StarHub, and M1 bill payments.||3 LinkPoints for every litre of petrol purchased at Caltex.||0.22% LinkPoints for every S$1 spent on Visa transactions.|
|OCBC BEST Denki Credit Card||BEST Rewards of 12% for transactions of any amount at BEST Denki.|
|OCBC Robinsons Group Credit Card||1 Rob$ on each S$2 spent on eligible local purchases.||3 Rob$ on each S$2 spent on eligible overseas purchases.|
Other Terms & Conditions for the Rewards Points Programme of OCBC:
OCBC Titanium Rewards Card: The qualifying spends include purchase transactions related to clothes, bags, electronics and gadgets, shoes, personal care products, department stores, and children’s and babies’ wear, both in Singapore and overseas.
OCBC BEST Denki Credit Card: You get reward points on any items you buy on the 0% interest instalment plan as well.
OCBC Robinsons Group Credit Card: To get the reward points, you must buy from outside of the brands covered by this card. All overseas spends must be made in foreign currency in order to get the 3 Rob$.
How to Redeem Reward Points
You can redeem your OCBC reward points in a number of ways:
- Convert your OCBC$ into KriFlyer miles and use them to get discounts on future flight ticket bookings and on hotel accommodation.
- You can convert OCBC$ into vouchers and use them to get discounts on bills when shopping at various participating merchants in Singapore.
- You can use OCBC$ to directly offset your purchase expenses with certain merchants.
- You can also redeem your accumulated OCBC$ for gifts on the OCBC website. Use the rewards webpage, phone banking, internet banking or mobile banking platforms to log into your account and redeem your points for gifts.
- You can redeem LinkPoints when you purchase from participating outlets. Simply give your card while paying, find out how many points you have, and use them to pay for or offset your purchases. You will get S$1 for every 150 LinkPoints.
- Rob$ can be used to offset your purchases at Marks & Spencer and Robinsons. You can also redeem them for vouchers at these stores. You get a discount of S$1 for every 200 Rob$ while 4,800 Rob$ will give you a discount of S$30.
- Every 12 BEST Rewards is equivalent to a cash rebate of S$3.
Miles Programme of OCBC
The miles programme of OCBC VOYAGE Card is given below:
|Card Name||Rebate Earned||Rebate Earned|
|OCBC VOYAGE Card||2.3 VOYAGE Miles for every S$1 you spend in foreign currencies. VOYAGE Miles don’t have an expiry date.||2.3 VOYAGE Miles for every S$1 you spend on local dining. VOYAGE Miles don’t have an expiry date.||1.2 VOYAGE Miles for every S$1 you spend on every other retail transaction. VOYAGE Miles don’t have an expiry date.|
How to Redeem VOYAGE Miles
- You can make use of your accumulated VOYAGE Miles to get discounts when you book airline tickets on any airline, at any time.
- You can also redeem these miles to get cash or even vouchers for branded retail luxury goods to get discounts when you shop at participating outlets.
- Each VOYAGE Mile is the equal to 1 KrisFlyer mile. You must be enrolled in the KrisFlyer programme to convert your Voyage Miles into KrisFlyer miles.
- To redeem both types of miles, you can get in touch with the bank.
OCBC also gives you rewards in different forms such as:
Welcome Bonus: A welcome bonus or gift is what you get when you sign up for an OCBC card. These offers may change from time to time. Currently, OCBC offers you a cashback of up to S$150 if you sign up online for the OCBC 365 Credit Card and another OCBC credit card before 31 July 2018.
OCBC’s cards reward you every time you use them to pay for various purchases. Use these rewards to get discounts on your future bills across a range of participating merchants and outlets.