Maybank rewards programmes can be categorised as cash rebate, cashback, reward points, and air miles. The programmes are designed in a way to provide rewards to the cardholders. These rewards can be used to offset purchases or redeemed in exchange for gifts. Air miles, for example, are for individuals who travel frequently and would love to earn miles when they charge the air fare to their card. These miles can be redeemed for flight tickets. It is important to know the various rewards programmes offered on different cards. This will help you maximise your savings and rewards. To assist you in this regard, we have compiled a list of all the reward programmes the bank offers. Give it a read to know how the programmes work and how to redeem them.
What’s Your Favourite Maybank Rewards Programme?
- Cash Rebate Programme: To receive cash rebates, the qualifying transactions must be charged to your credit card. There will be a minimum spend requirement to earn the cash rebates and a cap on the amount you can earn per month. If the minimum amount criterion is not met, then you are eligible to earn a lower cash rebate. A key point to remember is that the purchases made using supplementary cards will also earn cash rebates and get credited to the main cardholder’s account. If you are paying the bill in instalments, then the rebate will be calculated on the instalment amount.
Reward Points: The reward points are awarded to all those who hold Maybank credit/debit cards. You are automatically enrolled into the programme the moment you hold a card. The cards, let you earn points every time you spend using them, on all eligible transactions. These points can be accrued over a period of time and used to redeem for dining, retail, and shopping vouchers, air miles, cash credits, and DUO Points.
- TREATS Points Rewards Programme: Maybank TREATS Points can be earned when you spend on retail shopping. With every dollar spent, you can earn 1 TREATS Point. The points will expire within a year from the date on which they were earned. For some cards, the points do not expire if you remain a Rewards Infinite (RI) member. To check your TREATS Points balance, you can either log into your online banking account or sign into the rewards portal.
- DUO Points Programme: The DUO Rewards Programme, a loyalty programme, is offered to Maybank DUO Platinum Mastercard cardholders. This reward programme by Tan Chong International Group awards DUO Points every time you spend S$1 within the Group. The TREATS Points can be converted to DUO Points and you can use them to redeem dining vouchers, rental car packages, apartment stays, and many more. Once you hold a DUO Platinum Mastercard card, you will automatically become a member of the DUO programme.
- Maybank Frequent Flyer Programme (FFP): The TREATS Points earned can be exchanged for air miles. These air miles can be used to redeem for a flight ticket. However, to convert the TREATS Points to air miles, you must be a member of the bank’s frequent flyer programme. You need to accumulate either 2,000 or 5,000 TREATS Points for redemption. Please know that a conversion fee is applicable for the conversion. Cards like Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card offer 8 TREATS Points, which is equivalent to 3.2 air miles.
Cash Rebate Programme of Maybank
|Card name||Cash rebate earned||Cash rebate earned||Cash rebate earned|
|Maybank Family & Friends Card||8% cash rebate on groceries, selected merchants, and transport||Cash rebate of 5% on the same merchants||0.3% cash rebate on all other purchases|
|Maybank Platinum Visa Card||Cash rebate of up to 3.33% on purchases in Singapore||Cash rebate of 0.3% on transactions made overseas||-|
|Maybank eVibes Card||1% cash rebate on all your transactions||-||-|
|Maybank FC Barcelona Visa Signature Card||Unlimited 1.6% cash rebate on purchases made locally||-||-|
|Maybank DUO Platinum Mastercard||Cash rebate of 5% on petrol purchases in Malaysia and Singapore||Additional cash rebate of 8% cash rebate at selected petrol stations.|
A Few Things to Remember About These Cash Rebate Cards:
- Maybank Family & Friends Card: Spend a minimum of S$1,000 per month to receive the 8% cash rebate. A minimum of S$500 spent each month will give you the 5% cash rebate. The rebate is capped at S$600 in a year.
- Maybank Platinum Visa Card: Charge at least S$300 per month for 3 consecutive months to earn the 3.33% cash rebate. Spend a minimum of S$1,000 in a quarter and receive a cash rebate amount of S$100.
- Maybank eVibes Card: The cash rebate earned will used to offset your next bill. You do not have to spend any minimum amount to earn this rebate.
- Maybank FC Barcelona Visa Signature Card: There is no cap on the amount you can get back per month. Also, any amount you spend using the card, you will earn the cash rebate.
- Maybank DUO Platinum Mastercard: The additional cash rebate is valid till 31 July 2018. You will earn the extra cash rebate on petrol only if you charge S$1,000 or more per month.
Make Use of Your Rebates
- The cash rebates earned on the main card and the supplementary card will be combined and credited to the main cardholder’s account. As the main cardholder, you can use this rebate to offset your future purchases.
- You can also use the cash rebates to save more on purchases made at participating merchant outlets.
- The cash rebates cannot be exchanged for any goods and services or used to pay for any liability you may incur.
Reward Points Programme of Maybank
|Card name||Reward points earned||Reward points earned||Reward points earned|
|Maybank Business Platinum Mastercard||1 TREATS Point per S$1 spent on retail||-||-|
|Maybank Manchester United Platinum Visa Card||10 TREATS Points per dollar spent on Manchester United Direct Online Megastore||5 TREATS Points per S$1 spent when the team wins a match in the Premier League (PL)||1 TREATS Point per S$1 spent on retail|
|Maybank FC Barcelona Visa Signature Card||1 TREATS Point per S$1 spent on retail||2 TREATS Points per dollar spent in foreign currencies||-|
|Maybank Visa Infinite Card||5 TREATS Points per S$1 spent in foreign currencies||3 TREATS Points per S$1 spent locally||-|
|Maybank World Mastercard||10 TREATS Points to the dollar spent at certain restaurants and boutiques, and all petrol stations in the country||-||-|
|Maybank DUO Platinum Mastercard||1 TREATS Points per dollar spent on retail||8,000 DUO Points when you apply before July 2018||-|
|Catholic High Alumni Platinum Associates Card||TREATS Points on every dollar spent on retail||-||-|
What Else You Should Know About Reward Points Cards:
- Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card: Spend a minimum of S$300 per month to earn the cash rebates.
- Maybank Visa Infinite Card: Your TREATS Points will never expire if you become a member of the Rewards Infinite programme.
- Maybank World Mastercard: The 10 TREAT Points with selected merchants will expire on 31 December 2018. Also, this reward is not applicable on online transactions.
- Maybank DUO Platinum Mastercard: The DUO Points will be credited to your DUO account within 45 working days once they are approved.
- Catholic High Alumni Platinum Associates Card: Your TREATS Points will not expire if you become a member of the Rewards Infinite programme.
Redeeming TREATS Points Is a Treat Indeed
- You can use your TREATS Points to redeem for shopping and dining vouchers, purchase electronics, household products, movie tickets and passes to special attractions in Singapore, convert into air miles and DUO Points, and exchange for cash credits to offset bills.
- The TREATS Points are valid till 31 December 2018, unless the bank decides otherwise. The points for Rewards Infinite members never expire. If you cancel the membership, then the TREATS Points will expire at the end of the following quarter in which the membership has lapsed.
- The TREATS Points can be exchanged for cash only if you are a part of the Auto Cash Credit Programme. The minimum number of points needed for such conversion is 17,000 TREATS Points.
- On your birthday month, you can use the TREATS Points to claim for certain gift items at half the required points.
- The DUO Programme is valid till 31 December 2018 and is available only with the DUO Platinum Mastercard. Under this programme, you can convert your DUO Points in blocks of 500.
- These DUO Points can be redeemed for vouchers on dining, vehicle purchase, merchandise and accessories, car servicing and rental, car care products, and apartment stays. Simply visit the DUO’s website and log into your account to redeem.
Miles Programmes of Maybank
|Card name||Miles earned||Miles earned||Miles earned|
|Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card||3.2 air miles to the dollar spent on petrol, dining, hotel bookings on Agoda, and taxi fares||2 air miles with every S$1 spent on travel packages, air tickets, and foreign currency transactions||-|
A few Other Things to KNow About Miles Cards:
- Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card: Spend a minimum of S$300 per month to earn the air miles. The TREATS Points can be converted into air miles of selected airlines for a fee of S$25.
- Other cards such as the Maybank World Mastercard and the Maybank Visa Infinite Card allow you to convert the points you earn on them into air miles. The bank currently offers a conversion fee waiver when converting the points to miles.
Redeem Your Miles to Go the Extra Mile
- You must be an existing Asia Miles, AirAsia BIG or KrisFlyer member in order to enrol with the bank’s frequent flyer programme.
- Maybank’s FPP does not have any enrolment fee or annual fee. However, a conversion fee of S$25 applies on Asia Miles, AirAsia BIG or KrisFlyer miles. This fee for AirAsia BIG is waived till 31 December 2018.
- To redeem your air miles, you can log into your online account, sign into the TREATS Points Rewards Portal or download and send or fax the redemption form to the bank.
- If you earn 15,000 air miles, you can redeem them for a round trip to Bali.
- The transfer of air miles from Maybank’s FPP to the participating airlines’ frequent flyer programme will take at least 7 to 14 working days.
- The TREATS Points can be converted into air miles in blocks of 2,000 for AirAsia BIG, 5,000 for Asia Miles, and 5,000 for KrisFlyer Miles.
As you spend using your credit card, you will know how to save more if you understand the rewards programmes. To maximise the rewards on your card, you need to keep an eye on special offers which are valid for a limited period. Some of the other ways in which you can get more rewards are as follows:
- Welcome bonus: This is a very good way to earn reward points or miles. The moment your card application gets approved, the bank can reward you with a welcome bonus of air miles or points. In this case, the Maybank DUO Platinum Mastercard Card gives you 8,000 DUO Points when you apply before July 2018. These DUO Points can be used with the rest of your accumulated points to redeem for vouchers and gifts.
- Referral bonus: The bank will give you bonus points or miles when you refer one or more of its cards to your family and friends and they sign-up. Under Maybank’s member-Get-Member Programme, if your family or friends apply for the referred card, then you will get S$60 cash credit. This offer is valid till 30 September 2018.