Maybank eVibes Card
- Lazada.sg – Discount up to 14%. Spend a minimum amount of S$50 and get a discount of S$7.
- Flight 001 Asia – Spend a minimum amount of S$50 and get a storewide discount of 15%.
- Cash Credit Promotion – Share the eVibes card with friends and family and receive cash credit up to S$70.
Maybank eVibes Card
This is a student’s credit card by Maybank specifically designed to cater to the needs and requirements of tertiary students. This card comes with a preset credit limit enabling you to keep your expenses and purchases in check every month.
Apply for a Maybank eVibes Card today and receive an Adidas wristwatch costing S$120 as a joining perk when you charge your card for the first time. This joining benefit is applicable for the first 500 successful applications.
Features of the Maybank eVibes Card
- Annual fee is waived for 2 years on this card. Quarterly service fee of S$5 will be applicable after this period and will be waived if you use your card once in 3 months.
- This credit card is especially meant for use by tertiary students and does not have an income criterion or guarantor requirement.
- The card comes with a preset credit limit of S$500.
- You can track your expenses on this card through online banking 24 hours a day and on all days of the week.
- All statements for this card will be sent online (paperless statements). Paper statements will not be available.
- What you get – 1% cash rebate on all purchases made on this card.
- How to redeem – There is no minimum spend criteria to earn cash rebates on this card. You will earn cash rebates on all corporate and commercial purchases.
- Charges and details:
- Disputed, refunded, unauthorized or fraudulent purchases of goods and services will not be eligible to earn cash rebates.
- Upon termination of credit card, any earned cash rebates at the point of termination will be forfeited. Transfer of cash rebates is not permitted.
- Cash rebates earned per transaction will not be rounded off. They are calculated on the basis of 2 decimal places for every purchase made on the card.
Benefits of the Maybank eVibes Card
- Charge your eVibes card at least once in 3 months to enjoy a waiver on your quarterly service fee which otherwise costs S$5.
- Enjoy online statements for this credit card at any point in time, no matter where you are.
- You can withdraw cash on this Maybank credit card from any ATM across the world at a nominal transaction fee of S$15 or 5% of the withdrawn amount, depending on whichever of the 2 is higher.
- The Maybank eVibes card comes equipped with Visa payWave where you can use this contactless payment mode to conveniently pay for purchases below S$100.
Fees and Charges
|Type of fee
||15% p.a. to 24% p.a.
|Minimum Amount Due
||S$20 or 3% of the outstanding amount, depending on whichever of the 2 is higher
|Late payment charges
||S$50 OR 5% of the minimum amount due, depending on whichever of the 2 is higher
|Cash advance fee
||S$15 or 5% of the withdrawn amount, depending on whichever of the 2 is higher
|Interest on cash advance
||24% p.a. (2% per month)
|Foreign Currency Transaction Fee
||Maximum is 2.5%
|DCC (Dynamic Currency Conversion) Fee
|Quarterly Service Fee
||S$5 (waived if the card is charged once in 3 months)
|Card Replacement Fee
Transactions in foreign currencies
- For all foreign currency transactions other than USD (US Dollar), the transaction will first be converted into USD and then into SGD (Singapore Dollar). All such transactions are subject to a conversion rate determined by the card association. The conversion rate will be applicable on the date the transaction is processed and not on the date it was first made.
- An administrative fee of 1.5% will be charged along with the converted amount on all foreign currency transactions.
- For all transactions made in Singapore Dollar but processed overseas, an administrative fee up to 1% will be charged.
You can withdraw cash from the Maybank eVibes Credit Card from any ATM across the world. For all such withdrawals, you will be charged $15 or 5% of the withdrawn amount, depending on whichever of the 2 is higher as a transaction fee.
How to apply for the Maybank eVibes Card
You can apply for the Maybank eVibes Card online by submitting the ‘Maybank eVibes Application Form’ available on the Maybank eVibes Card webpage of the official Maybank Singapore website. There are 6 steps involved in submitting this online application form namely providing your Personal Details, Education or Employment Details, Contact Details, Parents’ or Legal Guardian’s Details, Declaration and Confirmation.
Eligibility Criteria for the Maybank eVibes Card
- Nationality: Only Singapore citizens and Permanent Residents are eligible to apply for this credit card. Existing tertiary students or NSF men who have been accepted to the following educational institutions are eligible to apply:
- NAFA, NUS, NIE, NTU, SMU, SIM, SIT, SUTD, SP, NYP, NP, TP, RP, LASALLE
- Minimum Age: 18 years. Applicants who are below 21 years old need the consent of their parent or legal guardian for the application. The parent or legal guardian must be a Singapore citizen or a Permanent Resident.
- Maximum Age: 30 years.
- Minimum Income – No income or guarantor requirement.
Who is NOT eligible to apply for the Maybank eVibes Card?
- Applicants earning S$30,000 p.a. and above.
- Applicants who are existing CreditAble customers or principal credit cardmembers of Maybank.
- Tertiary students who are older than 21 years:
- A front and back copy of NRIC.
- Student Identity Card.
- Additional documents for students below 21 years:
- A front and back copy of NRIC of the parent or legal guardian.
- If applicable, a Legal Documentation of the Guardianship.
- NSF men who are older than 21 years:
- A front and back copy of SPF, SAF or SCDF11B ID card.
- An Acceptance Letter from the educational institution the applicant wishes to enroll into.
Interest on the Maybank eVibes Card
The interest on purchases for the Maybank eVibes Card is 15% p.a. if the cardmember’s account is in good standing. However, if the outstanding bill payments are not paid in full, an interest of 24% p.a. will be charged until a clean payment record is maintained for a period of 6 continuous months. This interest is subject to compounding every day from the transaction date until you make the full payment on the eVibes card.
Interest Free Period – You will enjoy an interest free period of 20 days on this card. The interest free period will start from your statement date and only if you pay your bills in full.
The minimum payment amount per month is S$20 OR 3% of the outstanding amount, depending on whichever of the 2 is higher. If you fail to make at least the minimum payment by your statement date, you will be subjected to a late payment charge of S$50 OR 5% of your minimum due, depending on whichever of the 2 is higher.
Lost/stolen card liability
You will be liable to pay a maximum amount of S$100 for any unauthorized transactions on your card after after reporting the loss or theft to the bank. You will not be liable to pay for any fraudulent or unauthorized transactions on your credit card after you have already notified the bank regarding the loss or theft.
However, if Maybank has found you to be negligent and/or prove that you have acted fraudulently, you will be liable to pay the entire amount for transactions processed on your card. Refusal to do so on your part will give Maybank the right to not only terminate your account and services with the bank but also pursue litigation actions against you to recover the whole amount.
Reporting lost/stolen credit card
If you have lost your Maybank eVibes Credit Card or it has been stolen, you will need to call the bank on their Hotline number and inform them of the same. The Hotline Number is available on the official Maybank Singapore website.
Read More Related to Credit Cards: