- Sign Up Promotion
- Sign-up for the Manhattan World MasterCard to receive a S$138 cashback if you charge 3 retail transactions on a minimum to your card within the first 60 days of receiving your credit card.
- The promotional offer is valid till 30 September 2017.
- Uber Promotion
- Use your Manhattan World MasterCard to enjoy 20% off on Uber rides. Maximum discounts of S$50 can be earned in a month.
- In order to qualify for the offer, you must make a minimum monthly expenditure of S$600 using your Standard Chartered Credit Card.
- The offer is valid till 30 September 2017.
- If you are a new user, you’ll get 10% off upon successfully registering your Standard Chartered Credit Card on the Uber application.
- Get 12% off on your hotel reservations when you use your Manhattan World MasterCard to make bookings on Hotels.com.
- The offer is valid till 31 May 2018 (travel period) for bookings made before 28 February 2018.
- Enter the Promo Code SCBSG12 in order to use the offer.
- Other Promotion
- Cardholders can choose their joining bonus from a set of three choices. Cardholders can either receive S$138 in the form of cashback, receive Uber credits worth S$150 or receive a Caltex StarCash card worth S$150 when they sign up for the Standard Chartered Manhattan World MasterCard.
- Cardholders can enjoy a discount of 15% on Jewellery purchased that has the 999 pure gold jewellery workmanship from SK Jewellery. The offer is valid till 31st January 2017.
- Cardholders can avail a 20% cashback on Uber rides valid till 30th September 2017 provided they meet the minimum spend criteria of S$600 per month.
- Cardholders can maximise their savings with cashback earned on the card for eligible purchases. The cashback earned on a monthly basis is tiered and depends on the amount spend charged to the card.
- For expenses amounting to below S$1000, the card earns a cashback of 0.5% per month.
- For expenses ranging from S$1000 to S$2999.99, the card earns a cashback of 1% per month.
- If the expenses charged to the card exceeds S$3000 in a month, the card earns a cashback of 3% per month.
- The cashback earned regardless of the amount charged to the card is capped to S$200 per calendar quarter. Cardholders can earn a maximum cashback of S$800 in a calendar year.
- The card is compatible with mobile payment gateways such as Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Android Pay offering greater convenience to cardholders and is also equipped with contactless payment technology for amounts of up to S$100 which makes for faster checkouts.
- Cardholders also have access to ‘The Good Life’ program which offers great deals and discounts at over 192 participating merchant outlets with categories ranging from healthcare to dining.
- Cardholders can also earn savings of up to 26.6% when charging fuel expenses at Caltex petrol stations to their card.
The Standard Chartered Manhattan World MasterCard comes with 0% interest instalment plans that have tenures of up to 36 months. These plans allow cardholders to convert large eligible purchases into more manageable instalments that charge 0% interest. Cardholders simply need to request the merchant to convert the transaction into an instalment plan before charging the transaction to the card.
- Cardholders can choose the Got-It-Covered travel insurance policy underwritten by Chubb Insurance Singapore Limited which offers instant approval and covers unlimited trips per calendar year for a maximum duration of 30 days per trip.
- Premiums for this policy start from S$128 for individual policies and S$282 for family policies.
- The card provides a cover of S$50,000 for accidental death or total and permanent disablement. The card also provides a cover of S$50,000 for emergency medical evacuation, repatriation or accidental dental expenses.
- Travel inconveniences such as baggage loss has a cover of S$3000 and the cover for travel cancellations is S$5000.
- The card also offers a CreditSafe insurance policy underwritten by MSIG Insurance Singapore Limited which offers lost card coverage and overseas emergency assistance. The cover for lost cards is as high as S$200,000.
- The policy covers other inconveniences such as reimbursement of lost cash for up to S$100 per policy year, reimbursement for lost handbags or wallets for up to S$200 per policy year and reimbursement for cost of replacing documents such as identity cards, passports or driving licenses for up to S$800 per policy year.
Fees and Charges
|Type of fee
||The fees for the first two years are waived. Subsequent annual fees of the card are S$192.60.
|Supplementary card fee
||Cardholders can avail up to 5 free for life supplementary cards.
||The interest rate charged on the card is 25.9% per annum calculated on a daily basis if full payment is not made within specified due date.
|Late payment charges
||Late payment attracts a penalty of S$60.
|Cash advance fee
||The fee for cash advances is the greater of 6% of the cash withdrawn or S$15.
Transactions in foreign Currencies
Foreign currency transactions carry a charge of 2.5% of the converted Singaporean Dollar amount plus a charge of 0.8% imposed on the converted Dollar amount by Visa/MasterCard. Transactions made in currencies such as US Dollars are converted into Singaporean Dollars. Any other currency transactions are converted into US Dollars and then into Singaporean Dollars. The rate of exchange applied is the prevailing rate at the time of posting. Overseas transactions made using Dynamic Currency Conversion charge a fee of 0.8% of the converted Singaporean Dollar amount. Overseas transactions effected in Singaporean Dollars are charged a fee of 0.8% on the transaction amount by Visa or MasterCard.
How to apply for Standard Chartered Manhattan World MasterCard Credit Card
Candidates can apply for this credit card online and stand to win either S$150 worth of Uber credits or S$150 Caltex StarCash card or S$138 as cashback. Cardholders can also visit their nearest Standard Chartered branch and apply for the card.
- The cardholder must be a minimum of 21 years and cannot exceed a maximum of 65 years at the time of application.
- Singaporean Nationals or Permanent residents need a minimum annual income of S$30,000 whereas Foreign Nationals holding a valid employment pass should earn a minimum annual income of S$60,000.
- Employment pass can be P1, P2 or Q type. If the pass is a Q type pass, then it requires a minimum of 1 year of validity remaining on it.
Applicants need to submit the following documents during time of application.
- Salaried applicants
- Front and back copy of NRIC.
- 6 months CPF statement or
- 3 months’ payslips.
- Foreign applicants
- Passport copy
- Employment pass (p1, p2 or Q) copy with minimum of 1 year validity remaining on it.
- Self-employed applicants
- 2 years of income tax assessment.
- Commission based salary earning applicants
- Latest 3 months’ payslips and latest notice of income tax assessment or
- Latest 6 months’ CPF contribution statement and latest 3 months’ payslips.
Interest on Standard Chartered Manhattan World MasterCard
The interest rate charged by this card is 25.9% per annum on card transactions. The interest rate is levied on all outstanding dues if they are not paid in full on the specified due date. The interest is charged on a daily basis until the dues have been fully repaid. The rates are subject to change as per discretion of the bank and cardholders must check the prevailing rates of interest with Standard Chartered.
Cardholders are required to make minimum monthly payments of 1% of the current outstanding balance including any interest rates or fees and charges that may be charged or S$50, whichever is higher. If the cardholder has exceeded their credit limit, then this amount needs to be paid as well in addition to the minimum monthly payment.
Reporting lost/Stolen credit cards
Cardholders should take care of their card and in cases of lost cards or stolen cards, they should notify to bank or call Standard Chartered credit card hotline number immediately or as early as possible. Doing so will limit the liability of the cardholder against unauthorised transactions to S$100 provided the loss or theft of the card did not take place due to sheer negligence and that Standard Chartered was notified as soon as possible.
Read More Related to Credit Cards: