HSBC Premier MasterCard
Lunar Year Promotions - Applicable until February 28, 2017:
- Redeem a Skylight Abalone 3-piece Gift Set worth S$68.80:
- This promotion is applicable on a minimum spend of S$2,088.
- Each cardholder can make up to 4 redemptions.
- Each cardholder can use up to 5 charge slips per redemption.
- This promotion is limited to the first 2,000 gift sets.
- Redeem a Skylight Double Abalone 5-piece Gift Set worth S$150:
- This promotion is applicable on a minimum spend of S$4,088.
- Each cardholder can make up to 4 redemptions.
- Each cardholder can use up to 10 charge slips per redemption.
- This promotion is limited to the first 1,000 gift sets.
- Redeem a Skylight Double Abalone 6-piece Gift Set worth S$412:
- This promotion is applicable on a minimum spend of S$9,088.
- Each cardholder can make up to 2 redemptions.
- Each cardholder can use up to 15 charge slips per redemption.
- This promotion is limited to the first 300 gift sets.
PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road Promotion – Applicable until 27 January, 2017:
- Discount up to 20% on festive buffets.
- This promotion includes a complimentary Yu Sheng during lunch and a complimentary Fivefold Fortunes Set during dinner (per table).
Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore Promotion - Applicable until 27 January, 2017:
- Get 18% discount on Reunion Dinner at Island Ballroom as an Early bird special. The pre-booking and payment must be made on or before January 20, 2017.
- Get 15% discount on Reunion Dinner at Island Ballroom. The pre-booking and payment must be made between 21 January and 27 January, 2017.
Apply for the HSBC Premier MasterCard credit card and get a 68cm Samsonite Black Label Plutus luggage bag worth S$950 and enjoy a annual fee waiver. The offers are subject to successful approval of your credit card application.
Features of the HSBC Premier MasterCard
- The HSBC Premier MasterCard does not attract any annual fees.
- Supplementary credit cards do not attract annual fees as well.
- The card allows you to accumulate reward points on purchases and redeem them for a spate of gripping offers.
- Earn reward points with purchases made using your HSBC Premier MasterCard and redeem them for dining vouchers, shopping vouchers, travel vouchers and more.
- Reward points can be accumulated with every S$1 spent using your HSBC credit card.
Benefits of the HSBC Premier MasterCard
- The HSBC Premier MasterCard can be used to make cash withdrawals from ATMs in Singapore and overseas.
- Once you successfully apply for your HSBC Premier MasterCard, a Relationship Manager will help you devise a prudent financial strategy.
- With the HSBC Premier MasterCard, you can enjoy wide ranging discounts on travel packages, hotel accommodations, shopping, health, entertainment, dining and more.
Insurance provided by the card
- Get a Personal Accident Cover Insurance of up to S$300,000 when you use your HSBC Premier Card for your travel bookings.
- The HSBC Premier MasterCard also offers air accident and travel inconvenience insurance (includes loss of luggage, missed flights and other related aspects) when travel expenses are charged to the card.
- Receive a complimentary Golfers Insurance of up to S$500,000 if any mishaps or losses are encountered/suffered during a golf game.
Fee and charges
|Type of fee
|Supplementary card fee
|Late payment charges
|Cash advance fee
||5% of amount or S$15
|Interest on cash advance
Transactions in foreign currencies
- For transactions that take place in foreign currencies, a currency conversion fee of 1% of the transacted amount is charged by the card association.
- Besides the currency conversion charge levied by the card association, an administrative fee of 1.5% on the converted amount is levied by the bank. In case of Dynamic Currency Conversion where conversions take place at the point of sale, an additional percentage of up to 2.5% is charged.
- All foreign currency transactions are first converted to USD before being converted to SGD. All foreign transaction charges are levied on the converted SGD amount.
- The HSBC Premier MasterCard can be sued to make cash withdrawals at domestic and overseas ATMs.
- A cash advance handling charge of 5% of the transacted amount is levied on transactions besides interest charges that are subject to compounding and levied on a daily basis at the rate of 28% p.a.
How to apply for the HSBC Premier MasterCard
Customers who wish to apply for the HSBC Premier MasterCard can visit the official HSBC website, fill the online application form and submit the same for processing. The application form contains essential fields including contact information, employment information, income details and more. Once submitted, the bank will process the application and approve it if all eligibility parameters are met.
Eligibility criteria for the HSBC Premier MasterCard
- Minimum age: 21 years of age.
- Minimum income:
- Singaporeans & permanent residents: S$30,000 p.a.
- Foreigners: S$40,000 p.a.
- Salaried individuals:
- Copy of NRIC, latest computerized payslips, Income Tax Notice of Assessment.
- Self-employed individuals:
- Copy of NRIC, bank statement for the last 3 months, CPF statement for the last 1 year, Notice of Income Tax Assessment.
- Individuals with varied income:
- Bank statements (3 months), Copy of NRIC, Income Tax Notice of Assessment.
- Copy of Passport, latest computerized payslips, Employment letter, Employment Pass.
- All cardholders are required to make a minimum monthly payment of 3% of the outstanding balance for the given month or S$50, whichever is higher.
- The minimum monthly payment will also include overdue or pending minimum payments from previous months and any amount that exceeds the permissible credit limit.
- A late payment fee of S$55 is imposed if payments are not made before the due date. Also, an overlimit fee of S$40 is levied if the credit limit is exceeded.
Lost/stolen card liability
Banks impose liability of S$100 on customers who fail to immediately inform the bank about the loss/theft of their cards and unauthorised transactions have taken place before the bank is notified. Customers are required to give in writing the details about their lost/stolen card, following which the bank will investigate the matter. If the bank asserts that customers have not acted fraudulently or in gross negligence, the liability is, in a majority of cases, limited to S$100.
Reporting lost/stolen credit cards
The bank can be directly contact in case of lost/stolen cards need to be reported. Customers are required to contact the bank’s Customer Service number and notify the bank by confirming details about the card and recent transactions that have taken place. The bank will then block the credit card and disable transactions from taking place on the card.
Read More Related to Credit Cards: